Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Please add book cover for this edition

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chuck (new)

Chuck White | 210 comments Hi,

Can you please add the cover image for the second edition of Jack Davis: Drawing American Pop Culture: A Career Retrospective. The cover is the exact same as the first edition.

Here is the GoodReads link to the first edition:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

And here is the Amazon link for the first edition:

https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Davis-Dra...

Thank you.

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10805 comments Why do you think there should be a second edition? As the ISBN13 on the second edition is not a valid ISBN13, but the same ISBN as the other edition, only the ISBN10 followed by the first digits of the ISBN13.
As you say the cover is also the same, what makes this second edition different from the first? If it is the difference in number of pages, worldcat has also 207 pages listed and the other number comes from some automatic import, so we can change that.

message 3: by Chuck (new)

Chuck White | 210 comments I didn't know there was two editions until I saw them both listed on GoodReads. I was just letting the GRL know that there was no cover image for the second edition.

Perhaps there is only one edition, and one should be deleted?

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20238 comments Chuck wrote: "I didn't know there was two editions until I saw them both listed on GoodReads. I was just letting the GRL know that there was no cover image for the second edition.

Perhaps there is only one edit..."

According to the changelog you had added it yourself.
Since there are no differences (and a new publication/printing date alone would not be enough to add a new edition), I've merged (=deleted) the duplicate edition.

message 5: by Chuck (new)

Chuck White | 210 comments You're right, I did (and somehow forgot), based on the Worldcat listings. Sorry for any confusion, which seems to be all mine.

Keep up the great work!