2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Lieke's reading plan - February 2017

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lieke (last edited Feb 24, 2017 12:44PM) (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments ✔ ☞

2-3-4 Challenge / Around the year in 52 books
Scarlet
The Masked City
De dagen van de Schaduw
Living Dead in Dallas
A Feast for Crows

2-3-4 Challenge
De Vlucht (reread)
The Lives of Christopher Chant
The Battle of Hackham Heath

Around the year in 52 books
Hydrhaga
Little Fur

FF Challenge

Other
Verhalenverteller, het leven van Roald Dahl
The Trees

Unplanned
Hardboiled Hard Luck
Versier me dan

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments Looks like a great list, Lieke! I have Invisible Library on my list to read. I am looking forward to your thoughts.

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Have a great month Lieke. I hope you enjoy A Feast for Crows.

message 4: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments Thanks Kris and Angela :)

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4069 comments Mod
Hope you enjoy your books this month, Lieke!

message 6: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments Thank you Lauren! :)

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Have a great month Lieke! I will be looking forward to seeing what you think of Living Dead in Dallas. I probably won't get to it until March.

message 8: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments Thanks Tracey, I will let you know what I think about the book.

message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Looks like a busy month, Lieke. Happy reading!

message 10: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments Thank you Veronica.
Not sure if I will be able to read all the books, I forgot my vacation when I was making my plan. And then I added A Feast for Crows because I want to read that in my vacation.
But I have at least two hours every day to read when I travel to work so I'm going to try to read them all :)

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10500 comments Mod
Ditto what Tracey said! I'll be looking forward to your feedback.

What is around the year in 52 Books?

message 12: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments It is another Goodreads group I'm in, it started with the popsugar challenge in 2015 but now as a group we vote for the 52 topics to read.
And I tried to fit in a lot of series books this year :)

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

That sounds like fun.

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2139 comments Enjoy your books!

message 15: by Lieke (last edited Feb 04, 2017 02:03AM) (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments It is Jonetta :)

Thanks Laura!

Finished the first book for February Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. I liked it a lot, some things you knew from the beginning that they where going to happen but that didn't bother me. I liked the writing and the characters.

message 16: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments I just finished Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris. As long as you don't take it too serious it is very enjoyable.

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

Good to know, Lieke.

message 18: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments I read The Masked City by Genevieve Cogman.
It is de 2nd book in The Invisible Library series.
I liked the book, but you need to keep focused to follow what is going on. I like the fae, the dragons and the alternate worlds.

message 19: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments Yesterday I read Little Fur by Isobelle Carmody.
A fun children's book about how humans destroy nature and a little elf troll saving the day. I have no idea when I bought this book, it was a total surprise to me that I owned this book. But it was a great little book. Now I have to find out if I can get the other books in the series.

message 20: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments I finished reading Hardboiled Hard Luck by Banana Yoshimoto. A thin book with two short stories the first story was a bit strange. The second story was a bit sad but also sweet.

message 21: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments I read Hydrhaga by Kim ten Tusscher.
A dutch fantasy book, it was her debut book. I liked the story, but I think it could be a lot better.

message 22: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments I finished De dagen van de Schaduw by Liliana Bodoc. It was a little bit better then book 1, read the 1st book last month. But still not good, two stars.

message 23: by Jonetta (new)

Are you going to stick with the series?

message 24: by Lieke (last edited Feb 17, 2017 11:05PM) (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments I have only one book left, I own the books and they are only around 300 pages so I'm going to try and finish the series.
But there are a lot of people who gave the series 5 stars, so i'm wondering how much is because of the translation. But I don't know any Spanish so I can't read the original books.

message 25: by Lieke (last edited Feb 19, 2017 01:43AM) (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments It took me little bit more then a month, but I read a few pages each day and today I finished Verhalenverteller, het leven van Roald Dahl by Donald Sturrock (743 pages).
It was interesting to read more about Roald Dahl's life, but sometimes it was hard to follow the timeline and I would have liked to read more about him writing his children's books.

message 26: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments Yesterday I finished The Lives of Christopher Chant by Diana Wynne Jones. I liked this book more then Charmed Life the first book in the series that I read last month.

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4069 comments Mod
Lieke wrote: "I just finished Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris. As long as you don't take it too serious it is very enjoyable."

I agree, Lieke.
These books are not to be taken seriously.
Glad you enjoyed it.

message 28: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1038 comments I read another fun children's book The Battle of Hackham Heath by John Flanagan. I'm now up to date in this series, have to wait to see when the third book will come out.