Valar Morghulis--Valar Dohaeris discussion

Short Stories, & Collections > The Sons of the Dragon novella

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) http://screenrant.com/george-martin-g...

I liked the speculation that this is something from Fire and Blood.

(and TWOW rant starts in three...two...)

message 2: by Chris , The Kingslayer (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 903 comments That would be cool. So would a Dunk & Egg story.

message 3: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) Chris wrote: "That would be cool. So would a Dunk & Egg story."

Based on this analysis, D&E is not possible because:
"GRRM hasn’t finished the She-Wolves of Winterfell story – he had intended to for Gardner Dozois’s Dangerous Women anthology, but his non-completion on that delayed the publication of that book for nearly a year, until he substituted “The Princess and the Queen”, an excerpt from the history sidebars he’d been writing for The World and Ice and Fire. And when he announced that TPATQ was going to be in Dangerous Women instead of the D&E story, he also said he was putting off finishing that story (or any other new D&E) until he was done with TWOW. "

message 4: by Chris , The Kingslayer (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 903 comments Okay then. Hadn't seen that but it makes sense. I'd be happy with whatever. I loved TPATQ. Which reminds me, I still need to read the one from Rogues.

message 5: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) Yeah me too. I wanted a continuation of TPATQ since it is not finished. I just wanted to read about the Blacks winning and what happened to Aegon III until he rose to the throne, the Hour or the Wolf and so on. So many battles left to tell.

message 6: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) yep it will be about the Targs.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/519773.ht...

message 7: by Chris , The Kingslayer (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 903 comments That's awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

And must admit, loved the Lannister joke in the comments :)

message 8: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) Well, according to Steven Attewell it was not very good. https://racefortheironthrone.wordpres...
The Kindle price is 15 dollars so I will just wait for discounts since I also want to read stories from Hobb, Abraham, and Lynch.

message 9: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) I finally caved in and read it. It was not that bad. Well, still below the quality of The Princess and the Queen, which has more character development and distinct voices, but if you like fake history and could not wait for new content, then this might quench your thirst even just a bit.

Some interesting characters: Rhaena Targaryen and Tyanna of the Tower.

message 10: by Chris , The Kingslayer (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 903 comments I do like the fake history, so I'll surely read it eventually. Just need to get a copy, and I'm a bit buried in recent releases from Stephen & Owen King, Joe Hill, and Brandon Sanderson..