Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Recommendations > Reading Dry spell-post MBBS exams syndrome

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dr Goodreads (new)

Dr Goodreads | 19 comments Asalam o alikum everyone!
I just got free from my medical exams. I had a hectic past 3 4 months. I hardly read any novel. Now I can't seem to like any book. They end up in Dnf pile of rating less. But I read Alpha's claim by Addison Cain and I became hooked with it. So I am thinking to look into some cruel, abussive tortured heroes. Best if it not all contemporary and not all pnr, just a subtle mixed world. But anything will work. Any story that's hooking. I miss reading.
Help as this condition could be fatal

message 2: by Cari (new)

Cari Ray | 4 comments I just finished reading the first book in that series, is t was really good, but it was on kindle unlimited (amazon) and the other two aren't. Which sucks. So I think I'm gonna read the first book in a different series by her, idk if it's a trilogy or not bc there's only two books but both are unlimited. So I'm gonna read them then might buy the second.

message 3: by Willow (new)

Willow Madison | 31 comments Peace to you too. And congrats on the med exams!

I've not read that series, but now I'm curious.

I'm more of a contemporary fan, but I do love Willow S. Brooks historical-lite A Debt Requited A Debt Requited by Willow S. Brooks
(meaning it's not a history lesson, but an Alpha blast from the past that hits all the cruel-lovin' marks kind of story).

If you find more to your tastes, I hope you post some links here :)

Happy reading!
~W

message 4: by Eman (new)

Eman | 7 comments waalaikumsalam, good for u.I am going to have my medical exams in a few days.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
I haven't been able to do much reading lately with everything going on. I miss being able to get lost in a book.

message 6: by Dr Goodreads (new)

Dr Goodreads | 19 comments First of all Thank you all for wonderful replies.

message 7: by Dr Goodreads (new)

Dr Goodreads | 19 comments @Cari: you should read them. But be prepared, you are going for A LOT of angst and heartbreak. and this is a trilogy. the books however are not long. 150 pages average.

message 8: by Dr Goodreads (new)

Dr Goodreads | 19 comments @Willow: I checked out your suggestion. It was what I am in mood for. Thank you. God bless :)

message 9: by Dr Goodreads (new)

Dr Goodreads | 19 comments @eman: Wish you best of Luck! work hard. try staying away from goodreads for a while ;)

message 10: by Dr Goodreads (new)

Dr Goodreads | 19 comments @danni: I know right? but good times always comes back and we can stay up all night reading and swooning over our alphas :)

message 11: by Eman (new)

Eman | 7 comments i have my medicine paper 2 days later.:P

message 12: by Eman (new)

Eman | 7 comments Did i mention I ended up reading alpha's claim 1st and second book?

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Feb 01, 2017 07:46PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
Best wishes to you both in school. You can do it!

message 14: by Eman (new)

Eman | 7 comments Thank u so much :)

message 15: by Natalie (last edited Feb 02, 2017 09:45PM) (new)

Natalie | 392 comments I just loved Born to be Bound and the Alpha's Claim books by Addison Cain!!

I'd recommend Demon's Captive (War Tribe, #1) by Stephanie Snow it's set in the future, questionable and cruel dangerous hero, kind, vulnerable but strong heroine, with an intensity between hero and heroine.

And Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1) by C.J. Roberts - this ones contemporary and there are several books. Tortured, abusive hero and a strong, fighter of a heroine

Also look up books by R. Lee Smith such as Heat by R. Lee Smith - I've not read it yet but I've heard good things and it's on my to-read list. This ones set in the future aswell.

message 16: by Eman (new)

Eman | 7 comments Its turns out I have a thing for anti heroes,atleast in book world.Loved Alpha's claim.
But i didnt enjoy Anne Stuart books as much as i thought i would.So i would love more suggestions.