The Hugo Awards Book Club discussion

Book Polls > 1970's Book Poll is up!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jocelyn (last edited Jan 27, 2017 12:21AM) (new)

Jocelyn (joceapotamus) | 103 comments The 1970's book poll is up guys! Cast your votes for the next book :) I still can't decide, there are too many excellent choices.

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz | 24 comments I've read the 1970-1975 winners and wouldn't mind reading any again, especially Leguin's "The Dispossessed." I'll randomly vote for the next in line, 1976, which is "The Forever War" by Haldeman.

message 3: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn (joceapotamus) | 103 comments Liz wrote: "I've read the 1970-1975 winners and wouldn't mind reading any again, especially Leguin's "The Dispossessed." I'll randomly vote for the next in line, 1976, which is "The Forever War" by Haldeman."

I've read a few of them, Rama being my favorite out of those. I want to read them all!

message 4: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn (joceapotamus) | 103 comments We should read The Dispossessed when we circle back around to the 70s.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 12 comments Forgive me for being so Goodreads user interface ignorant, but where do I find the poll? I swear I've clicked on everything and can't find it

message 6: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn (joceapotamus) | 103 comments if you're using the app, I'm not sure you can get to it. On the desktop version, it should be on the right hand side of the group home page. just click "polls." I'll get a link for you too :)

message 8: by Charles (new)

Charles | 16 comments I see that The Forever War won. Wonderful. I have a hard copy just begging me to read it. But I should say the list was, IMO, fantastic, and I could see reading or re-reading any one of them.

message 9: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn (joceapotamus) | 103 comments I sat there for a solid hour going through each of the books over and over- the ones I hadn't read all sounded fantastic and the ones I had read I would have happily picked up again. What a great decade for sci fi!