The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hi everyone, I am Terrence

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terrence (new)

Terrence Perera (terrenceperera) | 19 comments Hi My name is Terrence Perera and I am a newcomer to this group. I wish to give some details of myself.
I attended Holy Cross College and the University of Ceylon in Sri Lanka. I am also a Chartered Accountant.
As a Chartered Accountant, I worked extensively in Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe.
In Zimbabwe I also turned Horticulturist and grew roses, for export to Europe, in a metal, plastic-covered greenhouse of extent one full hectare!
I was also a Lawn Bowls player and took part in Zimbabwe National Bowls Tournaments
I am now an author and have written four books.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10089 comments Mod
Terrence, welcome to the group. How did you find us and what are you hoping to find here? Your intro doesn't specify what you like to read or why you joined the group...

message 3: by Terrence (new)

Terrence Perera (terrenceperera) | 19 comments Thank you, Lori, for welcoming me. The books I like most are Victorian novels, detective & mystery novels and novels set in Sri Lanka. Some of my favorite authors are Anthony Trollope, Jane Austen and Agatha Christie. I also enjoy reading "children s books" such as the Harry Potter series and the "William" books by Richmal Crompton.
I joined the group to interact with more readers and authors and participate in author/book discussions.

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10089 comments Mod
Happy to have you!