Beyond the Book discussion

February Book of the Month!!!!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddforbooks) | 18 comments Mod
Since everyone has voted on our book of the month.... here it is: Caraval by Stephanie Garber, aka our first ever book of the month! This book comes out January 31, but it is one of the most anticipated reads of the year!! I know we will have a blast reading and discussing this book this month, and I can't wait to hear y'alls opinion on it!
~ love, Maddie and Emma, your #1 fans!

message 2: by Rhi (new)

Rhi (thewordslikedust) I just pre-ordered my copy! So excited to read this and discuss it with you guys :)

message 3: by Avery (new)

Avery Finn | 8 comments Trying to find myself a copy tonight, wish me luck!!

message 4: by Maddie (new)

Good luck!! I just finished it all in one sitting, I can't wait to talk to you guys about it!!!!!

message 5: by Rhi (new)

Rhi (thewordslikedust) Maddie wrote: "Good luck!! I just finished it all in one sitting, I can't wait to talk to you guys about it!!!!!"

You've already finished? Wow! I can't start till the 3rd as I want to finish Carve the Mark tonight and try read Traitor to the Throne in one sitting tomorrow

message 6: by Maddie (new)

Yes!! It was amazing!

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma K (emmatk) | 11 comments Mod
She's been waiting to read it for like 4 months so I'm not surprised she finished it so quickly!!!

message 8: by Emma (new)

I'm so excited to read Caraval so I'm starting it soon!

message 9: by Avery (new)

Avery Finn | 8 comments AHHH I FINALLY GOT CARAVAL GONNA START READING IT AFTER I FINISH KING'S CAGE

message 10: by Maddie (new)

yay! that's so exciting!!!!!!

message 11: by Avery (new)

Avery Finn | 8 comments Definitely and I'm sorry I would have tried to get it earlier but all my time has been on kings cage

message 12: by Rhi (new)

Rhi (thewordslikedust) I finished Caraval and oh my God I loved it <3

message 13: by Maddie (new)

Rhiannon wrote: "I finished Caraval and oh my God I loved it <3"
I know right? I can't wait to talk about it!

message 14: by Alli (new)

Alli Lagergren (allilag) | 4 comments When do we talk about it?

message 15: by Maddie (new)

Great question! I believe we will talk about it next saturday, March 4 because we know that weekdays are a very busy time!

message 16: by Alli (new)

Alli Lagergren (allilag) | 4 comments Great thank you very much! :)

message 17: by Maddie (new)

Alright! How is 6 pm EST for everyone to talk about the book?

message 18: by Maddie (new)

yay! alright who is ready to talk about Caraval? I know I am!

message 19: by Alli (new)

Alli Lagergren (allilag) | 4 comments What?! I know I'm a little late but I just finished it. I was really happy with how it ended...... and then I got to the epilogue. I really just don't know how I feel right now.

message 20: by Maddie (new)

I totally get how you feel! The epilogue totally set me off, and implied.... a second book? I also don't know how to feel about Julian, now that he is out of the game he feels like he is a completely different person! While reading the book, I definitely shipped Julian and Scarlett, but now I'm not so sure. I can definitely see how you find Scarlett annoying, in fact, she kind of reminds me of America from the selection series, however, like the selection, I loved the rest of it and could ignore it!

message 21: by Avery (new)

Avery Finn | 8 comments I indict DID find scarlet annoying, but not like America. I loved her so much more and definitely related to her more

message 22: by Maddie (new)

I agree! I wish that they made Julian the same as during Caraval, but I totally understood why they changed him at the end. I just feel like he is super cocky and full of himself after, he didn't do anything specific, I'm just getting that kind of vibe from him.

message 23: by Emma (new)

sorry, i've been MIA but I had a lot of homework these past few days. Anyways i loved Caraval because I kept guessing about Legend and was almost always wrong. I liked Julian and I get he had to change because there had to be a difference on some level between the character he was playing for caraval and his real personality. But the epilogue kind of came out of nowhere even though they did say that the winners even pay the price.

message 24: by Maddie (new)

I agree, but also the fact that the price could be literally anything. The whole two days of your life thing freaked me out major time! Like legend could want her soul or to keep her as a wife! Who knows!