2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #2)
This topic is about Hollow City
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2017 > Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #2)

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (last edited Feb 07, 2017 02:24PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Ransom Riggs‘s book, Hollow City.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Mary Pat, Amanda, Clare, Kate, Vanessa, Eileen, Hilary, Scallywag, Amanda, Tammy, Deborah, Pamela, Taylore, Lorica, Lindsay, Blagica, Amanda, Ida, Sandi

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 107
Week 2: 107
Week 3: 107
Week 4: 107

Lindsay | 1327 comments Please will you add me to this one Mary Pat?

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Blagica  | 12014 comments is it okay to join you guys I read the first one last year?

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Lindsay, Blagica - I have added you to the list of participants!

Amanda | 1 comments please add me. read this in January

Clare Skeets | 956 comments Should finish my current book today, perfect timing to start this on the 1st Feb - can't wait

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Amanda wrote: "please add me. read this in January"

Will do, Amanda!

Clare Skeets | 956 comments Chapter 5 and I'm loving this book - the characters from the first book are developing and met some interesting new characters.

Mary Pat | 2186 comments I am in the midst of Chapter 5. The pace has picked up nicely from the first book and the characters are growing and developing. I love getting to know Bronwyn better! She has become a lot more interesting!

Clare Skeets | 956 comments Just finished and looking forward to the next - glad February is a short month! The characters have all grown and developed - Hugh was great, Bronwyn so protective and Jacob's skills are developing. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

message 12: by Mary Pat (last edited Feb 05, 2017 07:29AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mary Pat | 2186 comments I finished yesterday and really enjoyed this book. Can't wait to see what happens in the final book!

The characters from the first book developed nicely and there are some interesting new characters. The settings were fascinating and the storyline has some really fun twists and turns.

Clare, without revealing anything, did the ending surprise you? It did surprise me a bit although there were certainly some hints! Loved it!

Mary Pat | 2186 comments We are at the end of the first week in February! What does everyone think so far?

Clare Skeets | 956 comments Mary Pat wrote: "I finished yesterday and really enjoyed this book. Can't wait to see what happens in the final book!

The characters from the first book developed nicely and there are some interesting new characte..."

Yes the ending was surprising although in hindsight the hints were there x

DieAReader I'm enjoying the natural progression of both the storyline and the character development. In my opinion, this book sets a better reading pace than the 1st book did. I am very much enjoying this book, maybe even a bit more than the first, so far.

Lindsay | 1327 comments I haven't got to this yet but it sounds good from all your comments. Looking forward to it!

message 17: by Ida (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ida (zandrama) | 141 comments Please sign me up for this! I'm currently on page 72.

DieAReader Just finished chapter 10 & I must say I am still enjoying this book very much. Steady character development is intriguing. Looking forward to the next 5 chapters.

DieAReader Just finished. I found this book to be more fast paced than the 1st book, which is a good thing. I loved all the characters and look forward to their return. There were a few things I didn't see coming, which is rare for me, that enriched and increased my love of certain characters. The ending is kind of a cliff hanger (as expected) with a twist I enjoyed very much. I hope that our March reading challenge is the 3rd book lol!

Mary Pat | 2186 comments I felt very much the same way Amanda! And of course we are reading the third book as a March buddy read! :) It will be fun to see how this trilogy ends up. I have a suspicion that the pace will pick up even more and I am hoping for an exciting conclusion!

I always have to remind myself that a series read means the story line builds over time which usually means the first book will be at a slower pace. If the series is good, it is worth the wait!

DieAReader I completely agree Mary Pat!

Mary Pat | 2186 comments We are entering the third week of February and it looks like most of us are happy with this book and looking forward to the next one!

message 23: by Ida (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ida (zandrama) | 141 comments I'm probably in some kind of reading down right now, but I'm not nearly as impressed of Hollow City as I was of #1.

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Interesting Ida! I actually liked the second book more than the first because Jacob got more interesting and they got off the island. There was a lot more about all of the characters in the second book. I do like the series as a whole though and it will be interesting to see how the series ends.

One week left in February and then it is on the Library of Souls!

Amanda R (fairyteapot) | 1423 comments I finished the book. I enjoyed it. It was exciting and I liked learning more about the characters. I did not see the ending coming. Fantastic! I think there's a lot of creepy photos in this one. I can't wait to start the next book. It's a cliffhanger.

Lindsay | 1327 comments I'm finished now and really looking forward to the conclusion of the trilogy. I need to try to plan my reading better for March so it doesn't take me so long to get to my buddy reads.

message 27: by Ida (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ida (zandrama) | 141 comments Now I'm finished. I look forward to Library of Souls. Here's my review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

DieAReader 25% into it and having a hard time staying motivated. Please tell me it picks up soon!

Amanda R (fairyteapot) | 1423 comments Stay in there!

DieAReader Loved the ending! Made the rest of the book worth it. Overall I'm a bit disappointed with this one compared to the first 2.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hollow City (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ransom Riggs (other topics)