Keep It Diverse discussion

Cravings and Triggers
This topic is about Cravings and Triggers
January '17 > Cravings and Triggers (BW/NAM)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blow Pop (new)

Blow Pop (blowp0p) | 6 comments Gisele wrote: "Zeph is a hardworking bartender with a reputation for being crazy, and the mother of a transgender son. Sani is a Navajo Skinwalker with a dark past, who has learned to avoid his triggers. Will the..."

I have a question. How much discussion and research went into Diné (Navajo) culture and tradition for your Navajo character? Did you have any sensitivity readers?

message 2: by Gisele (last edited Jan 26, 2017 05:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisele Walko | 2 comments Blow Pop wrote: "Gisele wrote: "Zeph is a hardworking bartender with a reputation for being crazy, and the mother of a transgender son. Sani is a Navajo Skinwalker with a dark past, who has learned to avoid his tri..."

I did not have sensitivity readers. I did my own research. The focus is on the relationship, not so much Navajo culture, but I did try to honor the culture. Thanks for your question.

message 3: by Clare (new)

Clare Snow (claresnow) | 3 comments Hi Mods,
Are authors allowed to promo their own books in this group? I thought it was for discussion of books chosen by the group members?
Thanks, Clare

Gisele Walko | 2 comments Oh. My apologies. I didn't see an author thread. I can delete.