The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > The Magicians (Season 2) - SPOILERS for books and shows possible

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keith (new)

Keith (keithatc) Watched the premiere last night, and I am definitely still on board. Up until the end of season 1, I liked the changes but did not feel the need to compare them tot he book. Somethings are different, some aren't, both are good (or bad) in their way.

But the way the show is handling The Beast and what happened to Julia at the hands of Reynard the Fox is, so far, fantastic. Much more developed, more nuanced, and carrying a greater gravitas than I felt appeared int he book, where Reynard is dealt with in an off-hand manner by a secondary character.

I also wish I thought to dub myself "The Champagne King."

message 2: by AndrewP (new)

AndrewP (andrewca) | 2454 comments Just finished Season 1 and i'm DVR'ing Season 2 so I can binge watch at least half a season at a time.

Behind the times here because I absolutely hated the book :) Took other peoples advice who said the TV show was much better then the book. I'm glad to see that they were right:) The characters in the TV show are still flawed, but MUCH more likable.

message 3: by David (new)

David (caddarn) | 40 comments AndrewP wrote: "Just finished Season 1 and i'm DVR'ing Season 2 so I can binge watch at least half a season at a time.

Behind the times here because I absolutely hated the book :) Took other peoples advice who sa..."

I agree, I've never wanted to punch a character so much as book Quentin. TV Quentin I found much more palatable and it made it a lot easier to watch.

message 4: by Sky (new)

Sky | 665 comments I loved book 1 for the writing if not the characters :) Books 2 and 3 were much more enjoyable. My wife didnt read the books but can't stand Quentin's TV character. She'd be fine if he didnt stammer every single sentence - seems that trait is starting to go away in the later half of season two though.