Adventure Reading discussion

My Old Man and the Mountain: A Memoir
This topic is about My Old Man and the Mountain
In my father's footsteps to the summit of Everest

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Leif Whittaker (leifwhittaker) | 3 comments Hello everyone,

I'm the author of My Old Man and the Mountain, a father-son story about climbing Mount Everest. In 1963, my father, Jim Whittaker, became the first American to reach the summit. Almost 50 years later, I followed in his footsteps to the top of the world. My book is a heartfelt, self-deprecating, and entertaining tale of growing up in the shadow of a famous father and finding my own connection to the mountains. I certainly hope you all have a chance to read it, but I wanted to post here to let you know I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about Everest, the Whittaker family, or climbing mountains in general. I'm in the middle of a book tour at the moment, so I might not immediately respond, but I will do my best to get on here whenever I have a chance. Hope to see you in the mountains! Leif

My Old Man and the Mountain: A Memoir

message 2: by Askaline (new)

Askaline (kusmi) | 3 comments Hello Leif,
I opened Amaz* to order My Old Man and the Mountain but I find 25€ a bit steep. Do you sell ebook versions directly?
Thank you,
Michelle

Leif Whittaker (leifwhittaker) | 3 comments Hi Michelle, There is an E Book version available on the Mountaineers Books websites. I believe the cost is $19.95. I sell signed copies of the hardcover directly from my website, but not the E Book. I must say that it's a beautiful book, with photo galleries on the endsheets, matte jacket, and embossed mountain design on the cover. Well worth the price! Of course, I might be biased. :) Let me know if I can answer any other questions. Best regards, Leif

message 4: by Askaline (new)

Askaline (kusmi) | 3 comments Photo galleries, matte jacket, embossed design...it makes all the difference :) and explains the price. I look forward to reading you. Thank you for taking the time to answer. Best regards. Michelle

message 5: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan | 1 comments Looks like something I'd like!

message 6: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris Williams | 1 comments Hello Lief,
The details you've put into the design & photos for your book imply that you're careful about the details of what it means to be on "the mountain" with your dad, too.
The video you include on your website is beautiful...& I'm looking forward to reading your story.

Leif Whittaker (leifwhittaker) | 3 comments Kris wrote: "Hello Lief,
The details you've put into the design & photos for your book imply that you're careful about the details of what it means to be on "the mountain" with your dad, too.
The video you in..."

Thanks Kris! I certainly hope you enjoy the journey. Let me know if you have any questions I can answer.