Science Fiction & Fantasy Award Winning Book Group discussion

General > General Discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe (finalblowjoe) | 264 comments Mod
Fairly self explanatory. For discussion on anything other than Group Reads and Awards; which both have their own sections.

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara | 4 comments I'm actually not familiar with any of the awards. I don't know anything about them? Can someone tell me about them? I would very much appreciate it.

message 3: by Donald (new)

Donald Hugo and Nebula awards have been around for years (1953 and 1966 respectively). Their winners list reads like a who's who of SF&F, with Hugo representing the fans and Nebula the writers. Both are actually suites of awards, for stuff like Best Novel, Novella, Short Story and a few (or lot, in the Hugos' case) more.

The Arthur C. Clarke award is British, and tend to lean a bit more towards the local writers though not ridiculously so. The Phillip K. Dick award is the American equivalent (or vice versa, as ACC postdates PKD). Both are given to "the best paperback published in the previous year".

I hadn't heard of the Tiptree award until now, so I'll leave it to Wikipedia - "The James Tiptree Jr. Award is an annual literary prize for works of science fiction or fantasy that expand or explore one's understanding of gender."

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara | 4 comments Wow thank you so much!

message 5: by Sofie (new)

Sofie (sostorm) | 5 comments I din't know about the Tiptree award either, but now I'm intrigued.

message 6: by N. (new)

N. G. G. Ellis (ngge) Hey all,
"When the Moon Was Ours" is the latest Tiptree winner and is 2.95 on the Audible deal of the day. Just a heads up for anyone in the group who does the audible thing. :)

Science Fiction & Fantasy Award Winning Book Group

unread topics | mark unread