Red Rising Society discussion

Darrow's Carving

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maxwell (new)

Maxwell | 30 comments I read Red Rising from my local library before I bought the book, and I remember the copy i read mentioned specific details from Darrow's carving, like getting an id chip implanted in his head. But when I looked over my copy of the book this morning because I wanted to reference that in a Red Rising Fanfiction I've started writing, I couldn't find any of the details from the copy i'd read anywhere. I looked online so see if I was just looking at the wrong pages and found that apparently some versions of the book edited out the more graphic elements of Darrow's carving. Has anyone else encountered this or is it just me?

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiebees) | 1 comments The only mention I could find about implanting the chip was on the first page of chapter 12: Change. It also talks about having his Red Sigils removed. The chapter explains pretty much all of his carving.

Hope this helps! :)

message 3: by Maxwell (new)

Maxwell | 30 comments You're right. Thank you. For some reason i remembered it being more detailed. No clue why though.

message 4: by Riley (new)

Riley (woowreallly) | 3 comments My copy was pretty detailed on his "carving". I didn't know they edited out parts of it.