This topic is about The Woman He Wanted
Book of the Month > Feb 2017 The Woman He Wanted

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - added it

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
From Amazon:

"She was the woman he wanted.

This wasn’t something Kellen Edwards believed; it was what he knew. It was what he felt the first moment he laid eyes on Bailey Green. It was like they’d known each other in a previous life and their souls had sought each other out, hers moving to Atlanta from Barbados at a young age, and his moving back to Atlanta after a hiatus in Baltimore and Louisiana. But despite knowing that this woman is his, fate won’t make their union an easy one.

His family life begins to unravel as tensions rise between him and his brother, and a dark secret shadowing Bailey’s life tries to interfere with their “happily ever after.” It’s not until a trip back to Barbados, back to the house where she grew up and where a mysterious man still walks the halls at night, do they begin to unravel the mystery that will either make their relationship last, or destroy it altogether."

message 2: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - added it

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I'm so excited to read this one! It might take a while for me to get to it with my schedule, but I actually think I'll be able to read a book this month, yay!!!

I believe this one is available as a paperback too, double yay!!

Salliewt | 24 comments Wasn't expecting a ghost story. Kellen and Bailey had a lot of family problems to deal with, but it made them a stronger couple. Liked how they got to know each other and develop their relationship.

Read it first (tynanz) | 2 comments I am enjoying the book so far. I am about 40% in and am captivated by the story. The writing is crisp and I like that Walker is not preachy about race. Kellen is so understated and confident it's sexy and the chemistry between the two is there simmering throughout. My only negative comment is the title doesn't fit and I didn't like the first chapter. I actually put the book down for a week after that chapter contemplating whether i should continue. Glad I did. More to come...

Courtney (courtneywebb402) | 2 comments This was a pleasant surprise! The paranormal twist kept me on my toes!

Read it first (tynanz) | 2 comments Finished the book. Great story. I'm reading Ethan's story next.

Kiara (acapellaecho) | 161 comments I didn't even know this was a group read and here I am reading it!

Layeshia (busybee9000) | 801 comments K. ALEX Walker's story is spot on. Her description of what I Island people think about the spirit World is spot on. Ms. Walker's description of island food. Was very accurate and took me back to my childhood. Peas and rice when she said rice and pigeon peas and callaloo. Miss Walker have the perfect mix of island adventure murder mystery and definitely romance.

Unique Ferebee Leonard | 15 comments This was a really good story. I'm a huge fan of paranormal stories. But I thought this was done very well.

Layeshia (busybee9000) | 801 comments Tynan has Ethan's story come out as yet? I couldn't find it

Tiffany | 1 comments I really enjoyed "The Woman He Wanted". I also like all books by DA Young.

Crystal Franklin (crystalfranklin) | 1 comments I really enjoyed reading this book. Ms. Walker did an excellent job in making me "believe" in ghost!