Reader's Choice Book Club--Frisco Public Library discussion

2017 Meetings > February 2017: Stardust

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Butler | 30 comments For the month of February we will be reading Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I had this book originally listed as a Romance novel but I think that it is really a Fantasy novel with romance thrown in. Either way, I am very excited to see what you guys think of this book.

If you have time after reading the book I suggest that you watch the movie! I will admit that I saw the movie but I have not read the book so I think that my views of the book will be skewed. As you're reading (or listening) through the book stop by and tell us what you think so far!

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Butler | 30 comments So I'm sad to say that this is the first Neil Gaiman book that I've read. I'm almost finished and I'm in love! The writing is so beautiful, I just never want to put the book down.

Does anyone have any suggestions for my next Neil Gaiman book? I'm thinking about Good Omens.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim (therapon24601) | 139 comments Death: The High Cost of Living and Death: The Time of Your Life are two of my favorite Neil Gaiman books.

Good Omens is quite funny.

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Butler | 30 comments Jim wrote: "Death: The High Cost of Living and Death: The Time of Your Life are two of my favorite Neil Gaiman books.

Good Omens is quite funny."

Jim,
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to see if I can ILL them b/c we don't have those. I've started Good Omens-it's not as good as Stardust but maybe it'll get there.

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Butler | 30 comments Who watched the movie after finishing the book? I enjoyed watching it again to see what came from the book and what was added in. The endings were so different, which did you prefer?

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim (therapon24601) | 139 comments I watched the movie about halfway through listening to the book. let me know next book club and I'll let you borrow my copies