2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2017 > Jessica's challenge - 30 books

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica West (Jessebelle1987) | 3 comments I am re-discovering Goodreads again after not signing in since 2015! I didn't do the challenge last year due to relocating with work and spent most of last year working and discovering london so wasn't finding much time to read (only read approx 5 books). I am ready to get back into one of my favourite hobbies this year though and have set my goal to 30 books. Hopefully I may squeeze a few more in too and discover some new favourite reads whilst doing so.

1st book towards this challenge was Dangerous by Jessie Keane which I gave 5/5. I am now onto my 2nd book The Poison Tree by Erin Kelly.

message 2: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Davis (portia2012) | 117 comments Good Luck

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica West (Jessebelle1987) | 3 comments I finished The Poison Tree (2/30) which I really enjoyed, it kept me occupied on a 7 hour coach trip down to London! I gave this 4 stars.

Book 3/30 was The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde. Great idea for a story and I liked the ending but I sometimes find the classic literature a bit hard going/dragged out at times. I gave this 3 stars.

Book 4/30 was A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks which I really didn't enjoy! The storyline was too predictable and I didn't connect with the characters. I gave this 2 stars but it's more a 1.5 for me. I'm not a big fan of romance books but thought I'd give it a try due to other good reviews but it wasn't for me.

I'm now onto my 5th book of the challenge which is Salems Lot by Stephen King. I love Kings earlier books - I have read many in the past inc Pet Semetary, Carrie, The Shining, IT, Misery etc so I'm hoping this one will keep me hooked like the others have.

As you can see I am trying to mix up the genres so I've so far read a crime, thriller, classic, romance and now I'm onto a horror.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica West (Jessebelle1987) | 3 comments Book 6 was the collection of Grimm fairy tales by the Brothers Grimm. Was interesting reading the original fairytales instead of the sugar coated ones we are used to now! Some had quite grisly endings for characters and they was definitely a clear moral to each story. I enjoyed reading them!

Book 7/30 was The Comet Seekers. I didn't enjoy this one as much as I thought I would and gave it 3 stars. Some parts of the book were very well written, but in other parts I found myself bored and just skim reading.

I'm now just about to start book 8 which is TheBazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King.