Persephone Books discussion

Polls > New book sugestions

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gina (new)

Gina | 319 comments Mod
Hi everyone!
It's time to add a few more books - do you have any suggestions for books to read as a group? It can be any of the Persephone books, even if we've done them before.

Also, is anyone reading this month's book? Any favorite short stories so far?

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan | 166 comments I just got Still Missing if anyone is interested in reading that one.

message 3: by Gina (new)

Gina | 319 comments Mod
Great idea, Susan! We read that one before but we didn't get much of a discussion going.

message 4: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 86 comments I loved the book of short stories and bought it as a gift for my mother, who also loved it :)

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan | 166 comments Hi, Not sure where to post this but I could moderate discussion of Still Missing in April. I tried to reply directly to your message about the schedule, Gina, but couldn't PM you. Thank you for coordinating and keeping the discussions going.

message 6: by Gina (new)

Gina | 319 comments Mod
That would be fabulous, Susan, thank you! Feel free to start a new discussion post sometime in April...and you can use the "Still Missing" folder. Let me know if you run into any problems!

message 7: by Tania (new)

Tania | 211 comments Thanks Karen for the reminder.
I thought I"d reply on this thread, rather than the Bricks and Mortar one. I have Cheerful Weather for the Wedding, The Home-Maker and Greengates all yet to be read. If these suit anyone, I'd be happy to hold off for a group read of them.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Brantly | 9 comments i would be interested in those

message 9: by Tania (last edited Apr 13, 2018 03:40PM) (new)

Tania | 211 comments Great. (I didn't mean all of them, btw), any that others could manage would be great for me.

message 10: by Veronique (new)

Veronique | 84 comments Me too - the last two since I’ve read the first one. And Vain Shadows mentioned in the other thread. I’ve got quite a few waiting on my shelf - would you be interested in The Winds of Change?

message 11: by Tania (new)

Tania | 211 comments Hi Veronique.
Do you mean The Winds of Heaven? If so, I would be interesred, but I would have to get hold of it. I would be up for Vain Shadow at some point if people are interested in this one, I'm hoping to pick it up this weekend.

message 12: by Veronique (new)

Veronique | 84 comments Yes, I do, Tania :O) My fingers obviously wanted to type something different *lol*

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Brantly | 9 comments winds of heaven is wonderful.

message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen | 344 comments Mod
Hello : )
Love the suggestions of ' Still Missing' , The Home Maker, Greengates and The Winds of Heaven , haven't read any of these yet.
I've read Vain Shadow, it's one of my favourites, but would love to discuss with you.
The Priory is another i'd love to read too.
Just read that Persephone are publishing another of Dorothy Whipple's books soon called 'Young Anne', excited to read that

message 15: by Gina (new)

Gina | 319 comments Mod
Thanks for all of the suggestions, everyone! Let's do:
July - Vain Shadow
August - Miss Buncle's Book
September - Winds of Heaven
October - Young Anne

message 16: by Tania (new)

Tania | 211 comments Thanks Gina. I'll look forward to those.

message 17: by Rosemary (last edited Apr 20, 2018 04:17AM) (new)

Rosemary | 86 comments Thanks, Gina! I too was intrigued by the description of Young Anne in the Biannually magazine and I'm looking forward to that one. I've read and loved all the others too.

message 18: by Quirkyreader (new)

Quirkyreader | 20 comments Young Anne was a wonderful story. I am glad that it was picked for October.

And I will do my best to join the August read along.

message 19: by Karen (new)

Karen | 344 comments Mod
Me too !

message 20: by Veronique (new)

Veronique | 84 comments Thanks Gina.