ᴘᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴏɴɪᴜᴍ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ ᴀ ᴘᴏʟʏᴛʜᴇɪsᴛɪᴄ ʀᴏʟᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ discussion

ᴇ ʟ ᴇ ᴄ ᴛ ɪ ᴠ ᴇ s > ᴀɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ ᴇɴɢʟɪsʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏᴡʀɪɢʜᴛ ;; ᴛᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ʙʏ ʙᴇs

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 597 comments Mod
description

The room is a lot warmer than it probably needs to be, but Bes prefers warmer temperatures. It also gives him a reason to take his shirt off in the middle of class. He's rather lenient with absences and tardies though if it becomes a problem, he'll usually say something. He's one of the snarkier teachers and really despises when people talk over him during his lectures. He's definitely a more hands on teacher when it comes to preforming plays and acting, rarely does he require that his students take notes, though encourages them to do so. He NEVER yells at his students, or loses his temper, in fear of skewing his reputation.

His office is located at the back of the class behind a dark, oak wood door. It is usually locked, especially when he's in it with another student. If you know what I mean.

━━General Rules
⇁No talking while the teacher talks (duh)
⇁Everyone must be included
⇁Two days to makeup work after absence (excused or unexcused)
⇁No copying

━━His Office

message 2: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (last edited Jan 25, 2017 11:18PM) (new)

Unlike most, Mondays were Bes' favorite days of the week. Fresh start, new beginning. A whole flurry of possibility all before him. And also, there was a fifty percent off discount at the coffee shop on campus and that coffee was the bomb. He'd hardly finished it, the hot cup sitting on his desk as the strong scent permeated his classroom. He didn't mind it though. It was a bold smell, and one he didn't dislike in the slightest. He'd finished his lesson plans for today, readied a few presentations and specific lectures. It was the start of the semester. New students. New opportunities. New personalities. New things were his favorite things.

And now all he had to do was just wait until the clocktower rang and sounded the beginning of first hour. They'd all probably be pretty tired. But hell, he'd get them pumped up soon, especially with the exercises he had in mind. Not literal of course. They were routine for him, little hands on activities.

message 3: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 1429 comments Mod
Being a firm believer in punctuality, Gray slid into the room before any of the other students, biting his lip as he scanned for the best seat. The instant he spotted the chairs in the back of the room he made a beeline for them, setting his coffee on the desk. Well, it couldn't really be classified as 'coffee,' there was far too much extra in it for that to be a fair comparison. By the smell of it his teacher liked coffee as well, and he looked up curiously as he pulled out the textbook he'd been given when he chose this class. It would be his first non-orientation class, as there had been no point in putting him in a class when he arrived since it would only be for a week or two given when the semester ended.

There were far too many students filing in for him to feel comfortable, but he knew he would have to get used to it. This would be a good class for him to do first though, he was sure. He was good at English and recitation, but he hoped to god there weren't too many presentations in this class. Preferring the old-fashioned style, he pulled out a pen and notebook, setting them neatly to his right as he arranged his little area in perfect angles.

message 4: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

<< I'll reply when I get home tomorrow >>

message 5: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

((No problem, I should probably sleep now anyway lol))

message 6: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes liked to keep it casually formal, a sort of slightly disheveled yet oddly classical fashion that suited him quite well. His hair had hardly been brushed and formed in wavy brown locks, and while he was wearing a suit he lacked a tie, and his shirt was unbuttoned down to expose his chest. He sat back along his desk, eyeing the students and smirking, "Aren't you all just the liveliest little things?" he grinned and winked at one of the girls, a nymph, sitting along the front row.

"I am Mr.Bes, but you can call me Mr. B, or Bes, or Bessy. And this is Ancient English and Playwright. Basically glorified Shakespearean studies. However, I'd like to think of it as something a bit more than that, perhaps a big contributor to public speaking. Which is why I believe that those of you who are painfully shy-" he stopped, winking at Gray, having noticed his naturally reserved disposition. "will grow to enjoy talking, shouting, acting, singing, in front of others. Which is why our first assignment will be simple singing. I want to see how you all project your voice and we have plenty of time" he clapped his hands together, "Music is a language, ancient and timeless, all in itself, don't think we wont be studying it children, so, who's up first?" he asked, eyeing the room for volunteers.

message 7: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

As the teacher began to speak, Gray absently picked at the sleeve of his sweatshirt, pulled down over his hands. He knew he knew that voice, and all he could think about was remembering exactly what that voice said to him over the phone, what he told the voice he would do and what the voice told him it would. He hated having a face to go with a voice, it made things way too personal. Still, he'd dealt with it before. He picked up his pen and began neatly copying down notes on the paper, looking up occasionally. He practically dove behind his notebook as the teacher winked at him specifically, lifting the book to hide most of his face as he desperately tried to get rid of the blush he could feel. It was as much embarrassment at someone cute winking at him as it was horrified at being called out in front of class, and Gray hated it.

Oh god, this class was going to be his hell, wasn't it? As much as he loved Shakespeare he hated presenting it, doing anything in front of people. If this class was all about presentations there was no way he would be able to pass. That would be humiliating, failing the first class he was in. Especially when he knew all the answers, he just couldn't say them. Maybe he could as about switching classes to.... something, anything where he didn't have to do stuff in front of others.

message 8: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes tapped his foot absently against the ground and pointed at the same girl at the front of the class. She had a wonderful voice, singing an older song from the rolling twenties. It was delightful. And a few others went up as well but Bes couldn't quite tear his eyes away from Gray, actually feeling a little offended by how quickly he'd ducked away.

But there was something else there too. A certain familiarity. He wasn't sure what it was but it was most certainly there. He'd have to find out. He nodded and clapped accordingly after each volunteer, complimenting their projection, their form, their voices. But he didn't care for them, not theirs, only his. He was interested. "You there. Boy" he pointed to Gray, "What's your name? Did the attendance paper get passed to you? Did you sign yourself in?" he questioned.

message 9: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray immediately panicked when Bes picked him out, glancing to either side in a desperate, vain hope that he was meaning someone else. Of course he hadn't been, and Gray was forced to try and figure this out. He stuttered badly enough around people as it was, but now that he was put on the spot it was unimaginably worse. "I... I..." he tried desperately to force out an explanation, but he couldn't get the words out. He could practically feel the gazes of the other students burning into him and he ducked his head down, vainly giving another attempt, even something as simple as his name. "G-G-G..." he blushed a rather brilliant red and once again dove behind his notebook, struggling to get his breath.

Given that he was at the back corner, he was the last student to sign his name to the attendance that had gone around the room. With nowhere to put it, it was simply set neatly on the corner of his desk, ready for when Bes wanted to collect it. He snatched it up and wordlessly held it up for the teacher to see, swallowing hard. Yeah, there was no way he could stay here. Cute teacher or not, there was no way he could handle doing anything in front of a class. Might as well switch rather than fail.

message 10: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes eyed him and approached, grabbing the paper and winking at him, "Thanks. You seem nervous. Maybe listen to some music? I'm sure you've got plenty of music on your phone right? All the cool kids do" he teased before continuing back to his desk. He knew that voice.

message 11: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray jumped hard enough that his knee hit the desk and he had to lunge forward to catch his coffee before it spilled, not even bothering to try to stammer an explanation. He had to be just hearing things, right? He was just being paranoid. Bes couldn't recognize his voice, how had he spoken enough for him to be able to? God, now there was definitely no way he could stay here. His leg bounced nervously under the desk as he stared down determinedly at his notes, struggling to stay calm.

message 12: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes glanced at the door as the bell rang and students began piling out, laughing and giggling, obviously quite hyped for the class. Though he knew some would switch out inevitably. He stepped forward though, "Grayson, I'd like you to stay here. I'll right you a pass for your next class but you're going to sing for me" he ordered.

message 13: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Already halfway through making a beeline to the door, Gray froze in his tracks at the sound of his name. He swallowed hard, closing his eyes for a moment to try and steady himself. He knew he couldn't, even without anyone else in here. He couldn't even tell him his name, there was no way he could do a whole song. Slowly he turned back around to face Bes, looking caught between apprehensive and just flat out scared. He shook his head almost pleadingly, biting his lip as he glanced at the door longingly as the last student filed out. "I-I-I..." He started haltingly, shaking his head more frantically. "c-c-can't." he finally forced out a full word, looking back up at Bes desperately, pleadingly.

message 14: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes smiled, "Fine. I know you aren't comfortable with this class but I think you'll warm up to it quite well. Switching out would be ill advised. There are hardly any other classes open at this time of year. And it might affect your chances of graduating. Tomorrow, I'm expecting you to bring me a recording on that phone of yours. Singing, a monologue from Shakespeare. Your choice. But it's worth thirty points." he explained.

message 15: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

"N-n-n-not the only o-o-one..." Gray paused to take a breath, looking terribly anxious as he looked away from him determinedly. His eyes stayed fixated on a point on the floor, depersonalizing things as best as he could. "Wh-who d-d-d-d-did-dn't sh-share." He pointed out, swallowing hard as he finally looked back up. He wanted to explain in greater detail just how hard this would be. He wanted to tell him that if he given an empty room and five minutes alone with the phone he could have that recording done perfectly, he didn't need to wait until tomorrow. But of course, he could say none of that. He couldn't say anything, really.

message 16: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes stepped forward and suddenly cupped his chin, forcing him to turn his gaze to Bes, "I'm giving you a reason to come back tomorrow. I wouldn't want you skipping my class. It would just be awful if you received an F on your first week at the academy, and imagine how that might look to the headmaster" he shook his head. He knew what he was doing. Blackmailing Gray into staying.

message 17: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray flinched at the touch and looked up, but didn't dare move away. He knew exactly what was going on, unfortunately. He'd talked people through enough teacher-student things on the phone to know when blackmail was happening. This was just a much more innocent version. But why did Bes care so much about him staying? He was just one random student. He swallowed hard as he stared back at Bes, crossing his arms around his books to hide his trembling as he nodded jerkily, not moving away.

message 18: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes half smiled, "I'm glad we're at an understanding then..." he walked back to his desk and pulled out a blue note, writing something down and holding it out to Gray, "Here. You'll need this, I imagine you're going to be late. It's a pass" he explained.

<< we can skip to the next day if you want
itd be kinda cute though, if gray were forced to be tutored by bes because of his failing grades. >>

message 19: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

((Maybe before class starts, he gets there early to get it over with?
yesssss...... there's no way in hell he'd present literally anything in front of the class so it's highly likely he'll have to be))

message 20: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

<< yeee that'd work >>

message 21: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Given that Shakespeare was an option, of course that was what Gray had gone with. Wanting to get this over with, he had arrived early, setting his stuff on his desk before heading up to the front of the room. He pulled out his personal phone rather than his business one and pulled up voice memos, setting it on the desk and pressing play. He had chosen Jacque's most famous speech from As You Like it, and it tumbled from the speaker in his perfect, honey-smooth voice. He swallowed hard and looked down at his shoes, picking at his sweatshirt sleeve and blushing fluorescently at the sound of his own voice.

message 22: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes raised an eyebrow when he entered, having been scrolling through facebook. He closed it and folded his arms as he sat back in his chair, listening closely and closing his eyes. He smirked to himself, nodding slowly, "You've got some real talent kid" he spoke once he'd finished.

message 23: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Fidgeting uneasily, Gray looked up and flashed a brief, unsure smile before looking back down. He shrugged one shoulder, tugging at a thread in his sweatshirt and eventually snapping it off. As long as he got his full points, he didn't really care what his teacher actually thought about it. And then he remembered everything they'd talked about on the phone and a small part of him decided that he did care.

message 24: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes eyed him over carefully, "It's a pity you don't speak much. You've got such a wonderful voice. Really it's.. almost intoxicating. What do you plan on doing... after highschool?" he asked, seeming genuinely interested.

message 25: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

To be honest, Gray didn't really know what he would do. Given that he was older than most of the students given his lack of experience with anything non-human, at 19, he probably should have had a plan. But honestly, after he realized there was no way he could act, he didn't have a true plan. He was getting a communications major, but what to do with it? He could always just continue his current career, he supposed. "H-h-h-have a j-job-b-b." He said shortly, nodding slightly.

message 26: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes tilted his head and narrowed his eyes, his grin almost venomous. "Oh I realize that. What I didn't realize was that you'd pursue that career. But all to themselves I suppose. You earned an A. However, you'll be tutoring with me after school by request of a deputy headmaster." he explained.

message 27: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

The more Bes spoke, the more Gray was sure that Bes knew exactly what job Gray had. And that was not a comforting thought. A teacher knowing that a student ran a phone sex line? There was no way it would end well. He winced slightly, running a hand through his hair. "W-w-w-why?" He begged almost desperately. He did what he was supposed to, why did he have to get tutored?

message 28: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes was very smug, grinning wider and clasping his hands together as he set his feet on the desk, shrugging, "They feel you don't have the social skills to continue most of the classes here at a healthy pace. And this so happens to be a class focused on performance." he explained, "I'll be seeing you after school today" he winked, raising an eyebrow.

message 29: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray looked rather miserable as he looked back at Bes, shifting uneasily. He started his hours right after school, he would definitely be losing money. "M-m-my h--h-hour-r-rs." He protested in vain, shifting uneasily.

message 30: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes sighed boredly, "Oh yea, those." internally however, he didn't like the idea of Gray "talking" with other people. In a very psyhopathic way, he considered Gray his new toy, a possession of sorts. "I'll just pay you what you usually make." he took his wallet out, "Two hundred? Three. I don't really care, I'm a god, money is the least of my worries. And I don't need you being more nervous than usual during our tutor sessions" he explained.

message 31: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray shrugged and looked down once again, absently scuffing his shoe across the floor. He always made a decent amount of money, but how much varied. There was no set amount, given that there wasn't the same amount of callers a day. Besides, he had no idea how long he would be here after school. He just knew that he would much rather be on the phone with callers rather than with anyone in person.

message 32: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes smirked and stood up, taking a few hundred dollars out and pushing it into Gray's pocket suddenly, "Now go take a seat Grayson. Class will begin shortly" he spoke, raising his eyebrows and smirking just as smugly as before.

<< time skip to after school ? >>

message 33: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

((Sure))

Although he hated it, Gray really couldn't afford to piss off a teacher. So, reluctantly, he headed to Bes's room after school. He fidgeted uneasily as he headed back to the room. He hesitated longingly by the back of the room, but there was no point in it when it was only the two of them. So, reluctantly, he set his stuff down on one of the front desks, sliding into the chair and staring down at his papers.

message 34: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

<< should i reply in Bes' office? >>

message 35: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

((Oh shit didn't think about that. Sure, I'll move my post over there to make more sense))

ᴘᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴏɴɪᴜᴍ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ ᴀ ᴘᴏʟʏᴛʜᴇɪsᴛɪᴄ ʀᴏʟᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ

unread topics | mark unread