ᴘᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴏɴɪᴜᴍ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ ᴀ ᴘᴏʟʏᴛʜᴇɪsᴛɪᴄ ʀᴏʟᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ discussion

ᴏ ғ ғ ɪ ᴄ ᴇ s > ᴀɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ ᴇɴɢʟɪsʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏᴡʀɪɢʜᴛ ;; ʙᴇs· ᴏғғɪᴄᴇ

Comments Showing 1-50 of 193 (193 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 597 comments Mod
description

His office is located at the back of the class behind a dark, oak wood door. It is usually locked, especially when he's in it with another student. If you know what I mean.

message 2: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 1429 comments Mod
Although he hated it, Gray really couldn't afford to piss off a teacher. So, reluctantly, he headed to Bes's room after school. He fidgeted uneasily as he headed back to the room. He hesitated longingly by the back of the room, but there was no point in it when it was only the two of them. Still, he didn't see Bes. So uneasily, he knocked on the office door, slowly opening it and stepping in.

message 3: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

The office was extravagant, and even that was a bit of an understatement. There were some books floating around the room, most of them that of ancient literatures, some in different languages. And Bes what at his desk, reading from one of those books, eyes fixated on the page until he heard the door open. "Oh, I didn't think you'd actually show up" he joked, winking.

message 4: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray raised an eyebrow incredulously, glancing up at Bes. It wasn't like he'd really had a choice in coming. It was go or disobey a teacher and deputy headmaster. And although he might be able to fight to not have to go, that would just involve more people and more interaction, and that was something he knew he couldn't handle. He swallowed hard and looked back down, sighing slightly. His business phone rang in his back pocket and he jumped slightly, dropping half of his books. He pulled out the phone, blushing bright red as he frantically knelt to pick up the books, at the same time rejecting the call and sending a quick text to the caller that he wasn't available until a few hours later. He scooped up his books and put his phone away before slowly straightening, looking down at his shoes.

message 5: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes' grin widened as he watched Gray deny the call. It brought him a certain satisfaction to know that he was Gray's main priority right now. He tilted his head, "Oh dear, was that a client?" he asked with a smirk, "How pitiful"

message 6: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray flinched slightly, still refusing to look up at Bes. It only confirmed for sure that Bes knew, and god he hated the thought of someone knowing what he did, who he was. Besides, he had just been called pitiful. Well, maybe his job had been called that. Still, he did excellently at it and took any insults to his job as a personal blow. He bit is lip and his shoulders hunched slightly, shifting him from looking just uncomfortable to flat out miserable. It was bad enough having to be around someone, but now he had to be around someone that delighted in possibly losing him a client, his income, and mocking him and his job.

message 7: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes sighed, noticing his dampened mood. Relate to him. Make him comfortable. He cleared his throat, "I was a stripper once" he admitted, "It wasn't a bad job, good pay. I was good at it." he added, sitting back in his chair and raising an eyebrow, "I was only joking with you kid. You seem to take all of this personally" he pointed out.

message 8: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (last edited Jan 29, 2017 12:11AM) (new)

Hesitantly, Gray slid into the chair on his side of the desk across from Bes, pulling his stuff up in his lap. His phone rang again but this time he was ready for it and didn't flinch, simply leaning over to set his stuff down by his feet. He pulled out the phone to deny the call with the same message as before before returning it to his pocket, shifting uneasily. There were a lot of things he could say to Bes. He could point out that as a stripper, people could see you and knew who you were, whereas Gray had his anonymity. He could explain that the one time someone figured out who the guy behind the voice was, he'd ended up with thin scars all over. He could tell him that he knew exactly what people thought of any kind of sex workers and about the occasional protesters outside of the building for the company he used to work for. He said none of it, however. He knew he wouldn't be able to finish the sentence and maybe not even a word, there was no point in starting.

message 9: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes stared at him and sighed quietly once more, sitting back in his chair a little uncomfortably, "Well we have to get to know each other somehow. Are you just not going to talk to me at all?" he asked, folding his arms, "I'm not all that bad." he pointed out. Why the hell don't you like me he thought.

message 10: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray shrugged one shoulder, shifting his weight slightly. "I-I-I j-j-just d-don-c-c-can't-t-t-t-talk-k wel-l." He forced his way through the words, swallowing hard. He took a deep breath, trying to steady himself as he tugged at his sweatshirt. The office was about a million degrees, but there was no way he could take his sweatshirt off or even push up the sleeves. The few scars on his arms weren't from himself, but no one really believed him on that. Besides, he'd have to explain them and he didn't want to have to talk anymore than he was forced to. "N-n-not-t y-y-you." He promised, and it was only a slight lie. It wasn't really Bes's fault that Gray didn't like him. He didn't like most people, and being forced to talk by someone made it worse. But it was the deputy headmaster, not Bes. Still, he was incredibly uncomfortable, even more so than usual, around someone who knew what he did for a living.

message 11: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes eyed him and nodded slowly, "... Hmm..." he turned around in his chair, "Would it help if I weren't facing you? Or maybe if I wore something over my head?" he asked, his tone of voice almost playful.

message 12: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Finally glancing up, Gray shrugged yet again. "D-d-d-don't-t kn-know." He admitted honestly, once again denying a call and sending the 'unavailable' message as his phone rang yet again. He shifted his weight to pull his legs up and sit cross-legged in the chair, resting his hands in his lap and looking down at them.

message 13: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes stood and grumbled to himself before suddenly walking over to Gray and sitting right on his lap, "Well you know what Grayson? You'll just have to start getting comfortable with me. What's your favorite color?" he asked, staring down at him with an expectant gaze.

message 14: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (last edited Jan 29, 2017 10:41AM) (new)

Gray had already started shifting his weight uneasily when Bes drew closer, and at the sudden weight in his lap a sound like a strangled yelp escaped him. His breathing sped up frantically and he looked almost panicked at being so close to someone, trembling slightly all over. He leaned as far away from Bes as possible, lifting his hands in the traditional surrender position. He looked away, anywhere but at Bes, and when he opened his mouth absolutely no sound came out.

message 15: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes stared at Gray, seeming slightly annoyed by him. Though he shook his head and stood once more, "What will it take then? To make you comfortable?" he demanded, "What if I took my clothes off?" he asked, beginning to pull his shirt up over his head.

message 16: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray looked up at him at last, his face bright red before he looked away after only a moment. "I-I-I-I-I...." He stammered uselessly. Almost desperately he shook his head, leaning even farther away. He might have talked a lot on the phone, but with his lack of social skills, Gray had no real-world knowledge of everything he spoke about.

message 17: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes pulled it back down and sighed heavily, folding his arms in his annoyance. "Uuuuuuggggh" he whined out, frowning like a child, "Just... say... something. A sentence. Anything. It's just the two of us kid. I'm not recording you, there's no one else in the room" he pointed out.

message 18: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (last edited Jan 29, 2017 07:03PM) (new)

Gray shifted uneasily in front of him, staring down at the floor over to the side. The sound he made was almost a whine, but he finally forced something out. "I-I-I-I'm n-not-t us-s-s-ed-d-d t-to p-p-p-peop-ple." He almost begged desperately, swallowing hard. His hands were still up and back, and with his sharp movements the sleeve went down slightly, showing just the edge of one of the scars.

message 19: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes tilted his head to the side slightly, "That's why I'm here." he said almost matter of factly, "To help you stray from that mindset. Throw me a bone man" he folded his arms a bit defensively. Maybe he was taking this all a bit too personally.

message 20: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (last edited Jan 29, 2017 07:04PM) (new)

At this point, Gray had to face facts. There was no way he could get Bes to leave him alone. There was no way he could get Bes to do anything, really. He forced himself to stop his fidgeting, though he still didn't look happy. "B-b-blue." He said at last, glancing over at him reluctantly. "M-m-my c-color-r. B-b-blue." He explained.

message 21: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes sat on his desk in front of Gray and smirked, "See it wasn't that difficult" he pointed out, "Now. We're going to work on your stuttering. So I'll have you recite a few poems, but you'll whisper them, and gradually increase your volume the more you read them, until you can yell a full poem" he explained, opening a book of poems.

message 22: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray bit his lip, shifting his weight as he shook his head. He knew it wouldn't work, nothing did. Still, he figured he at least owed Bes an explanation. "A-a-a-anxiet-t-ty." He said at last, not looking up from his lap. He seemed almost embarrassed, but determined to finish. "S-s-s-s-soc-cial-l-l a-nxi-xi-xiet-ty."

message 23: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes eyed him and he furrowed his eyebrows. Jeez he wasn't a fucking counselor. This school had a shockingly low amount of those by the way. He swallowed, nodding, "I... See" he turned his back to Gray and began sifting through his drawer, pulling out a white board and marker, "Reply to me with this then" he replied.

message 24: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray bit his lip uncomfortably, unsure how Bes would respond. At the sight of the board, however, he lit up slightly, nodding almost eagerly. That was something he knew he could do. He wouldn't have to talk, but would still be able to communicate his point, which he always wanted to do. He just usually wasn't able to. He preferred writing by hand rather than electronically anyway. Leaning forward he carefully took them from Bes, uncapping the marker and looking up at him expectantly.

message 25: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes sighed quietly and sat back down in his seat, "First of all, I'm going to ask you questions to check the severity of your social anxiety. I'm sure we could figure out a way for you to cope with it eventually. And if not, at least help you get more comfortable in my class... Around how many people do you begin to feel the affects of your anxiety?" he asked, "At the least" he added.

message 26: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray nodded, waiting patiently for an actual question. When he got one, he began writing out an answer on the board. 1? he wrote in his small, neat handwriting, then added more to explain himself. I was homeschooled, so I've never had much interaction. I don't have to actually be around people for my job, so talking on the phone doesn't bother me. He held up the board for Bes to see, blushing slightly. It was the first time he'd actually admitted to his job, but at this point, there was no point in hiding it when he knew Bes already knew.

message 27: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes didn't really care, he knew students who were actual physical prostitutes. That's just the way they got by and it was none of his business. He furrowed his eyebrows faintly, "So it isn't really the sound of their voice, but the knowledge that they're there? Are you afraid that they'll judge you?" he asked.

message 28: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Pulling the whiteboard back, Gray wiped it clean with his sleeve before starting in again. I guess so. It's hard to know why. People just make me uncomfortable. he shifted uneasily as he showed him the board, taking a deep breath before wiping it again and writing. You more so, but it's not your fault. Authority figure, and you know what I do for a living. No one else here does. And people knowing hasn't gone well for me. He took a deep breath before showing this one, ducking behind the board in embarrassment.

message 29: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes tilted his head, "I mean.. not really. If we're being honest here, I don't really care what you do for a living. I've done much worse for my own livelihood. If anything it should bring you comfort to know that I can relate to you. But you're weird so whatever" he muttered, he was feeling pretty salty about the whole, not swooning over him thing. "Do you think it'd work if I put a blindfold on you? Have you ever tried that?" He asked.

message 30: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray frowned at being called weird, looking down and picking at his sleeve. It wasn't his fault he didn't know how to be around people. Bes didn't know what Gray meant, so with a sigh, he decided the truth was probably best. The last person who knew wasn't that calm about it. After showing Bes the board, he set it in his lap to roll up his sleeves, revealing the scars running up either arm. It was kind of a relief to not die of heatstroke in the office, so he left them up as he wiped the board to continue. He asked me to talk for him. My voice in person is obviously less than perfect. Just words weren't good enough. He flashed the board before shrugging slightly and erasing it to immediately respond, not wanting to dwell on it. No. I guess it's worth a try?

message 31: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes blinked and stepped forward, eyeing the scars, ".. He did that to you?" he murmured quietly, his voice soft for once, "... he actually hurt you for his own pleasure?" he sounded near broken at that. His naturally protective side blurring into his usual charming facade. "I'm so sorry" he whispered.

message 32: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (last edited Jan 29, 2017 10:25PM) (new)

Gray blinked as he looked up at him, for once not seeming uncomfortable about the closer proximity. There were more scars, of course, but the arms were just the most obvious. Why I'm at the school. Headmaster said my voice affects rare people a certain way. Just the phone wasn't enough, then my stuttering obviously wasn't. Screams were the next logical progression. He explained, looking back up at him. But he erased the board to scribble, Don't apologize. Not your fault, looking up at him earnestly.

message 33: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes stared down at him, looking nearly horrified before suddenly grabbing his wrist and pulling him into a hug, closing his eyes, "That wont happen again" he said sternly. In his eyes, Gray was still a child. Just a boy driven to do questionable things to make a living, but a child nonetheless. And if there was anything he despised in the world, it was the harming of children.

message 34: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray squeaked slightly as he was pulled up into the hug, completely freezing up. After only a moment though, his arms slid silently around Bes and held him tightly, swallowing hard. "Thank you." He said softly, and he was so focussed on actual physical contact for once he didn't notice the lack of a stutter. Of course he loved his father and knew he loved him too, but his dad was never the hugging type. Physical affection was rare and he quickly found that he enjoyed it.

message 35: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes cleared his throat and let go, quickly making his way to the other side of his desk and flipping through some files, "Now, what is your favorite play by Shakespeare?" he asked suddenly, smiling in a much less charming, and far more warm way.

message 36: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray was almost reluctant to let go, but he did, watching Bes as he moved over to the other side. He returned to his seat, picking up the whiteboard again. He already seemed a bit more relaxed, and looked thoughtful for a moment before writing again. I like most of them. Much Ado About Nothing is nice because it's not a tragedy like most of the famous ones of his.

message 37: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes nodded and pulled out a script for it, eyeing it closely, "As cliche as it sounds I really do like Romeo and Juliet. Not because of its romance. But because of the irony. I do not consider it a romance piece, but it's often up for interpretation. Would you like some tea?" he asked.

message 38: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray shook his head at the mention of the play, leaning forward to write his opinion out. It has been ruined by modern movies and those too eager to romanticize a 13 year old and a maybe 17 year old's joint suicide. He explained, looking up at him. "Y-y-y-es-s, t-t-tea. P-please." He forced out, desperately trying his best.

message 39: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

He grinned wider, "See? You're doing better already." he said as he snapped his fingers, listening to the sound of the microwave start only a few feet away, around the corner. "I don't have a stove in here, so we'll have to deal with instant" he chuckled a bit, "I've always considered the romanticizing of the teenager's suicide to be the most interesting part though. It really says things about how shallow society is, how much they overlook, their stubborn refusal to dig anymore than just over the surface. Though... I've never been too big on Shakespeare myself. As interesting as his work is, I've found myself more intrigued by... Gilgamesh and the likes. Grittier stories" he explained.

message 40: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

It relaxed Gray a bit more to actually talk about something besides himself, and something he was even good at. Shakespeare was his specialty, but he enjoyed all literature. I've always liked Shakespeare. I did the monologue assignment just from memory. He shrugged as he flashed the board, almost dropping it as his phone rang again and he jumped. He pulled it out to check it, cringing slightly at the mass of rather desperate texts that were shown on his screen.

message 41: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

"I noticed, I didn't hear any paper shifting sounds.. I figured you were a fan, especially with the way you enunciated the pentameter, most of his works are iambic. You really did a great job" he complimented, "I have green tea, jasmine, peach, mint, earl grey, what would you prefer?" he asked.

message 42: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

I could have had it up on a laptop. Gray pointed out with a faint smile, blushing a bit at the compliment. Thank you. He looked over at him, biting his lip in thought. "A-a-any." He left it open for him to decide, not usually being a tea drinker himself.

message 43: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

"I suppose, but you were using pen and paper to take notes in class today, you seem like the traditional type. We'll have peach tea today" the mugs floated over to them, settling onto the desk, "sugar?" he asked.

message 44: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray nodded in agreement, finally looking down and responding to one of the texts. It wasn't that he liked that client more, they just paid triple his normal rate so he couldn't afford to lose them. But he put his phone on silent before putting it back in his pocket, shaking his head at the offer as he shifted forward to pick up the mug.

message 45: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

He nodded and sat back, sighing quietly, "If you'd like to go answer that one and come back you may. I'm only focusing on making you comfortable today, nothing much else. This should be a safe place, not one you dread" he explained as he began sipping his tea.

message 46: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Gray hesitated, looking up at him and raising an eyebrow quizzically. Are you sure? he scribbled on the board, taking a sip of his tea and nodding in appreciation. Unfortunately, he did have a commitment to do his best in school, and now tutoring was a part of that. He didn't want to ditch in the middle and get in trouble.

message 47: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

He nodded, "There's a bathroom to the left, down the hall, it's rather small but it should suffice, I'll wait" he said as he sat back, the room fragrant with the fruity scent. He picked a book up, beginning to read. The bathroom in his office wasn't exactly sound proof, but he wouldn't mention that.

message 48: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Biting his lip, Gray nodded hesitantly. Thank you. He wrote, looking up at him earnestly for a moment as he stood. He set the board on the desk, grabbed his tea, and made a beeline for the bathroom with his phone. He settled himself on the toilet seat cross-legged, cup on the counter, before calling back. In a matter of moments he got to actually use that lovely voice of his again, a bit softer and breathier and occasionally punctuated with the moans and sighs he was oh so good at faking.

message 49: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), some spilled salt (new)

Bes listened with a faint grin, though realized that.. for some reason, this actually affected him. Hed had many lovers, many flings, but this one, it was none of those. Just a one sided crush of sorts. And yet he felt it, bitterness? No. Jealousy, it was jealousy.

message 50: by KT, Deputy Headmistress - Gonna be one Hel of a year (new)

Given that gray had somewhere else to be, he was able to end the call much quicker than normal. Usually he knew how to pace things, time everything well enough to get the most cash out of it. But he also knew exactly what this client liked and how to use it against them, and it was barely fifteen minutes later that he returned, blushing but otherwise unruffled as he returned to his chair.

« previous 1 3 4

ᴘᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴏɴɪᴜᴍ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ ᴀ ᴘᴏʟʏᴛʜᴇɪsᴛɪᴄ ʀᴏʟᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ

unread topics | mark unread