Christian Ladies Book Club discussion

The Prodigal > The Prodigal- Chapter 7 Discussion Question

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Britnie (new)

Britnie | 352 comments Mod
Jack catches himself a couple of times thinking about ways to better the community. Do you think he’s warming up to the “small town” feel? Do you think he will go back to the “big city”?

message 2: by Britnie (new)

Britnie | 352 comments Mod
I think Jack is starting to warm up to the "small town" vibes. As much as he keeps telling himself that he's getting out as soon as possible, there is something inside him that just feels, at home, in Mayfield. IF he were to go back to the seattle, I think he would almost feel like a stranger, and out of place. I think it would only be a matter of time before he goes back to Mayfield.

message 3: by Darlene (new)

Darlene I think it is going to depend a lot on how he makes things right with his family. I'm not advocating or pushing for them to get back together - didn't we have this conversation before, e.g. The Scarlet Thread? - but he does have a daughter that he loves and needs to be there for when he is finally allowed to. He may have done too much damage to his marriage, but he cannot let go of that daddy/daughter relationship. I think he needs to figure out how to get back into her life and go wherever that will happen.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Esparza | 119 comments It's funny Auntie Darlene mentioned the family (wife and daughter) because as he's getting more settled and into the swing of life out in Mayfield I'm like, "what about your family?! I wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING until I knew where my family was." Even that chick who came from the local newspaper to get a little interview.....apparently she's now attractive yada yada.....I'm thinking, "girl, you're being a little too flirtatious for my taste".
Anyways! What was the question???
I think the small town feel was always with him, he just didn't realize what he had and now he's seeing the good in it. it seems I'm thinking around the same lines as Britnie. I think he'll go back to the big city, realize that's not how he wants to live life or have his family (because things will get resolved), and move back to Mayfield where he will be their Pastor (eventually).