Bookwarts Club of Pages and Literacy discussion

The Princess Bride
This topic is about The Princess Bride
Movies & Books > The Princess Bride - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sam | The Dust Bunny Reader (thedustbunnyreader) | 1086 comments Mod
"The Princess Bride" is a 1973 fantasy romance novel written by William Goldman.

The book was adapted into a 1987 feature film, whose screenplay was written by Goldman himself, and which was directed by Rob Reiner.

Released in the United States on September 25, 1987, the film is number 50 on Bravo's "100 Funniest Movies", number 88 on The American Film Institute's (AFI) "AFI's 100 Years...100 Passions" list of the 100 greatest film love stories, and 46 in Channel 4's 50 Greatest Comedy Films list. In 2016, the film was inducted into the National Film Registry, being deemed as "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant."

Earn points for reading or watching "The Princess Bride". There is no deadline for finishing this! :) Enjoy yourself, I mean it! (Anybody want a peanut?)

- Points earned for finishing selected book: 10 points
- Points earned for finishing selected movie: 5 points

description

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Javier | 4 comments Love this movie! So happy to watch it again!

The book is hilarious as well! I was definitely excited about posting this combo!

message 4: by Cat (new) - added it

Cat | 36 comments Watched the movie. Can't believe I never saw this before. Funny and sweet.

This was your first time watching it!? I am so glad you got to give this goofy little movie a whirl. :)

Just finished the book today. I loved it! I feel like I enjoy this book more and more with each read. :) I will be making syllabub soon, thanks to one of Buttercup's delightfully dumb blunders!

Allie Oh man! I read the book over this past summer. It’s one of those rare instances when the movie is better than the book (shock! Gasp!). I can quote the entire movie....which sometimes gets on people’s nerves lol.

I love both the book and the movie, though I was definitely exposed to the movie before I read the book. Have you read As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes? I have not read it yet, but one of my good friends sent me a signed copy this past year!

Allie I haven’t yet. I would like to get it on audio though since Cary does the narrating!!!

YAY! I love his voice! That would probably be a really cool one to listen to!

Sainabou | 230 comments So I ended up watching this movie tonight
Ive never seen it before and I have to say it was really good and funny

The Billy Crystal parts loool
I really want to read the book now

That was your first time watching the film? :D I am glad you liked it!! It is one of my favorites. Wayyyy back in the day, my friend and I used to watch this movie Saturday mornings. I love it. The book is also fabulous. :D

Sainabou | 230 comments I obviously need to read the book lol

Yeah I think I only started hearing about Princess Bride after I joined goodreads :)

Allie The book stinks :/

But this movie is on tonight at 10:00 on the channel called POP for Comcast users. I can’t not watch if it’ll be on tv...even though I own the movie :)

Sainabou | 230 comments LOL :)

Omg does it? :( ughhhhh
Fine I won't read it yet ;)

Allie Read it for points!!!

Just don’t say I didn’t warn you lol.

This is one of those rare times where the movie is soooo much better.

Sainabou | 230 comments Hahahah! Okay will do

(you saying that suddenly just reminded me that I also need to watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's lol, you also liked the movie better)

Allie Yes, you do!!! That could have been heavily influenced by Audrey Hepburn though!!

Sainabou | 230 comments Well she is awesome so :)

OMG! This is totally one of my favorite books! :D

Also, I have had a heck of a time finding Breakfast at Tiffany's. I tried to get it from the library a few times, but it is never available. Gonna try reading it next year!

Sainabou | 230 comments I listened to it on audio which I found on youtube last year :) maybe you could look there

Ohhhhh...great idea! I will do that, thanks!