World, Writing, Wealth discussion

All Things Writing & Publishing > Amazon launches £20,000 literary prize for Kindle authors

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aiden (new)

Aiden Bailey (aidenlbailey) | 76 comments Here is a competition that should appeal to self-published authors, a £20,000 literary prize for Kindle authors, for new books published this year. It is open to any genre.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&am...

message 2: by M.C. (new)

M.C. Glan | 6 comments This is great. But is open to all authors or just the UK ones?

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Aiden wrote: "Here is a competition that should appeal to self-published authors, a £20,000 literary prize for Kindle authors, for new books published this year. It is open to any genre.

https://www.amazon.co...."

Great find!

Now I have a timeline.

"Amazon UK has announced The Kindle Storyteller Award, a new literary prize recognising newly published work in the English language across any genre. The prize is open to all authors who publish their book through Kindle Direct Publishing on Amazon.co.uk between 20th February and 19th May 2017.

The Kindle Storyteller prize is open to submissions of new English Language books from all authors and genres, and entries must be submitted using Kindle Direct Publishing. Titles must be previously unpublished and a minimum of 5,000 words with no upper word limit."

message 4: by Marie Silk (last edited Jan 25, 2017 02:18PM) (new)

Marie Silk | 1020 comments Cool, this will be about the right time when my book is ready for release :) c'mon 20,000 pounds!

Although my books get almost no UK ratings. Boo lol.

message 5: by Aiden (new)

Aiden Bailey (aidenlbailey) | 76 comments I'd suggest just submit. You never know what might happen.

message 6: by GR (new)

GR Oliver | 479 comments There is a catch, read carefully. It says through : Kindle Direct Publishing on Amazon.co.uk

As far as I see, it limits the audience. Since I live in Germany, I guess I'm out.

message 7: by Aiden (new)

Aiden Bailey (aidenlbailey) | 76 comments Thanks for the pick up. I'll check it out

message 8: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 1020 comments Reading the fine print on this and it says not only must your title be on Select, but also exclusively available from Amazon in ebook and in print. You also need to agree to be willing to enter a contract with Amazon that will have your book translated into at least one other language.

Now that I've read the fine print and know how to enter, I'm going for it! My book should be released about the end of April :).

message 9: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 1020 comments Anyone else?

message 10: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 685 comments Marie wrote: "Anyone else?"

I would but there's no chance of having my book ready by then :(

Maybe next time...

message 11: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Marie wrote: "Anyone else?"

Thanks for the reminder!

Geez! I'd forgotten about this. I may need to reevaluate my priorities. A deadline and £20,000 cian be very motivating!

Ganbatte, Marie!

message 12: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13114 comments Marie wrote: "I'm going for it!..."

Don' t forget a bottle of fine Scotch to Aiden for the heads-up -:)

message 13: by Nihar (new)

Nihar Suthar (niharsuthar) | 38 comments This is a really cool contest! Unfortunately I think my next book relates most to a North American audience, or this is probably something I would totally consider.

-Nihar
www.niharsuthar.com