SIA Showcase for Readers and Writers discussion

Member showcase N through T > Sìlfae (F. V. S.) - Eldritch Fantasy & Twisted Morals

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Flavio (last edited Apr 24, 2017 07:19AM) (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments Greetings, everyone.
I really appreciate the space provided by this group, and I hope everything is in order and according to the guidelines.

I'm a long-time writer, first-time indie author, trying to figure out this self-publishing business.
I specialize on (very) dark fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, and pretty much anything that requires world-building for what concerns the setting of my stories, whereas I tend to focus more on war, politics, psychological aspects, and a bit of philosophy for what concerns the plot.

I am currently in the process of editing a dystopian steampunk thriller for release, more information can be found on my blog: https://silfaesium.blogspot.it/2017/0...

I count on linking or releasing new material about the book as the release date (hopefully before this summer) grows near.

Two knights track down a dangerous monster lurking beneath Pnarakon, the City of Masks.

As they prepare themselves to spring their ambush on the beast, little they know that they are about to be dragged in the middle of an insidious conspiracy which threatens to shake the entirety of the Structure.

In a claustrophobic world where food and space are precious commodities and sunlight is only a distant memory, a Warrior, a Scion, and a Scholar will struggle through the echoes of fear and desperation resonating in the rusted-out corridors of an endless labyrinth.

Pulled into a vortex of political machinations, war, and madness, these lost souls will attempt to find a way out of the dreaded maze of steel and paranoid delusions upon which the Structure is built, as their sanity is constantly tested by vile betrayals, twisted sorcery, and eldritch horrors of forgotten times...

What is Pnaramakhia?
(view spoiler)

What's the story about?
(view spoiler)

I'm still working hard to clean all the details, both by myself, and through professional readers, editors, and artists, so that I'll be able to provide you with a high quality product, with the most accurate and engaging story possible.

*UPDATE*

Pnaramakhia has finally been released and is available for purchase on Amazon: http://amzn.eu/ijdUHS1

message 2: by Rohvannyn (last edited Jan 25, 2017 11:30AM) (new)

Rohvannyn Shaw | 169 comments Hi! Welcome! Sometimes I like a good story, dark enough to require me to "roll a sanity check." Your novel sounds like it could be quite interesting, and I like your blurb.

message 3: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments Thanks, glad you liked it.
While most of the work on the book is done, every accessory around it (blurbs, previews, artwork, etc.) is still a work in progress as of now. I hope to be able to send semi-regular updates between now and the release on Amazon.

message 4: by Nat (new)

Nat Kennedy | 614 comments Hello and welcome. Looks like you've some pretty well thought out worlds! Good luck on the release of your book!

message 5: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments Thank you.

Update on the project: the map of the book's main city has been completed.

Perched over the edge of the Shadowy Falls, a dark abyss of steel and filth, Pnarakon is the largest settlement within Tsamarkan. Created almost two thousand years ago, this city-state is both considered the sole shining beacon of knowledge of mankind, protecting all Tsamians from the horrors lurking within the depths of the Structure, and a symbol of decadence and oppression.

Also known as the City of Masks, Pnarakon hosts more than half a million inhabitants, and it is ruled by a prolific aristocratic caste, which is divided in thirty-seven bloodlines, each of them led by an enlightened patriarch known as the Zakhas.

For hundreds of years, Pnarakon has maintained its control over its smaller neighbors through its monopoly over food, water, and the teknomantic powers of its ruling caste. Yet, its hegemony over Tsamarkan is now threatened: strife within the low castes, a coalition of rebellious city-states, the new cult of the Sun supplanting old religions, and discord amongst the aristocracy itself are bringing Pnarakon closer and closer to what could be a devastating civil war.

More information and better resolution here: https://silfaesium.blogspot.it/2017/0...

Credit to Robert Altbauer, the creator of the map; more of his work here: http://www.fantasy-map.net/index.php/

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago | 1015 comments Whee, doggie. This looks amazing....

Welcome to the house of fun.

message 7: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 153 comments Welcome to the group. I wish you lots of luck with your release!

message 8: by G.G., Genre Buster Extraordinaire (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 571 comments Mod
Hello and welcome board Silfae (love your name by the way...are you part 'fae'? :P

message 9: by Flavio (last edited Jan 26, 2017 12:32PM) (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments Erica wrote: "Welcome to the group. I wish you lots of luck with your release!"

Thank you, I appreciate it.

G.G. wrote: "Hello and welcome board Silfae (love your name by the way...are you part 'fae'? :P"

Thanks. Eh, well, I've used this name for so long on the internet that all anglophone people I know know me as Sìlfae, so, to avoid confusion, I keep using it. It's of the character in the avatar picture, a very old one I wrote when I was a kid.

I updated a little the main post, putting a new header and making a longer blurb, with some added general information. Here it is:

Two knights track down a dangerous monster lurking beneath Pnarakon, the City of Masks.

As they prepare themselves to spring their ambush on the beast, little they know that they are about to be dragged in the middle of an insidious conspiracy which threatens to shake the entirety of the Structure.

In a claustrophobic world where food and space are precious commodities and sunlight is only a distant memory, a Warrior, a Scion, and a Scholar will struggle through the echoes of fear and desperation resonating in the rusted-out corridors of an endless labyrinth.

Pulled into a vortex of political machinations, war, and madness, these lost souls will attempt to find a way out of the dreaded maze of steel and paranoid delusions upon which the Structure is built, as their sanity is constantly tested by vile betrayals, twisted sorcery, and eldritch horrors of forgotten times...

What is Pnaramakhia?
(view spoiler)

What's the story about?
(view spoiler)

I'm still working hard to clean all the details, both by myself, and through professional readers, editors, and artists, so that I'll be able to provide you with a high quality product, with the most accurate and engaging story possible.

message 10: by Flavio (last edited Jan 29, 2017 12:55AM) (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments I've drawn some simple artwork related to my upcoming book in my free time, here it is:

Where reason sleeps

Full resolution here: http://silfae.deviantart.com/art/Pnar...

message 11: by Allan (new)

Allan Walsh | 83 comments Welcome Silfae and that's a nice piece of artwork :)

message 12: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments Allan wrote: "Welcome Silfae and that's a nice piece of artwork :)"

Thanks, glad you liked it.

message 13: by Untold (new)

Untold Tales Channel | 5 comments Hi Silfae,
Seems to be thoughtful work, what you provide. I am looking forward to updates on this project,
Best
Inersh

message 14: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments Untold wrote: "Hi Silfae,
Seems to be thoughtful work, what you provide. I am looking forward to updates on this project,
Best
Inersh"

Thanks. I hope then not to disappoint.

message 15: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments Some other simple artwork made in the spare time:

Full Resolution here: http://silfae.deviantart.com/art/Pnar...

message 16: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Toney | 14 comments Best of luck! Definitely an intriguing premise

message 17: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments Took longer than expected, but here we are, the book is out:

Available here: http://amzn.eu/dC9uMEq

message 18: by G.G., Genre Buster Extraordinaire (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 571 comments Mod
Wow! I hadn't seen your thread for a while. Awesome arts!

I see what you mean by people knowing you by your alias. I used one for years and people still call me by that name. Anyways, congrats on your new publication! Intriguing cover. :)

message 19: by Nat (new)

Nat Kennedy | 614 comments Congratulations on the book. And what great artwork.

message 20: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments Thank you both. I have to say, even with professional assistance, the editing took longer than I expected, I'm glad it's finally over.

I was hoping to put on some more teasers before releasing, but I ended up being too busy to even log in... Hopefully I can make up for it in the next weeks, since there's certainly some material and artwork to show.

message 21: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments

Full resolution

AVAILABLE ON AMAZON

War, mystery, madness: sink into the depths of Tsama, a dark labyrinth of steel, illusions and paranoia, under the rule of decadent tyrants and unspeakable horrors.

Sebastophian is a knight of the Order of the Lightbringer, a knightly congregation charged with the cleansing of the dark layers of Tsamarkan from the remnants of the old world: Shades, Changelings, Fetchers and Creepers. All sorts of Darklings and Undead crawl through the many layers of the Structure, where the purifying light of the sun cannot harm them, and so the knights of the Unnamed are charged with the holy task of hunting them down and destroying them.

message 23: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments Almost forgot: I would like to thank Book Reviews Anonymous for reading my book and providing its first blog review:
https://bookreviewsanon.com/2017/05/2...
Also available on Goodreads itself: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 24: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments And also thanks to Jeyran Main for providing Pnaramakhia its second review:
https://millionairedigest.com/2017/06...

Also available on Goodreads itself: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 25: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments

Full resolution

AVAILABLE ON AMAZON

From ivory masks to unknowable horrors: a carnival of illusions and decadence crawling in the dark corridors of an endless maze.

Eliophiliac legends tell that once the Vraheks were creatures of light, and that, after betraying their creator, they were plunged under Tsama, the endless labyrinth serving as an eternal prison for the conceited monsters. Though there are several accounts of heroes slaying these creatures in the past, they've become near legendary in recent years.

message 26: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments Thanks to Robin Goodfellow for providing Pnaramakhia its third review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 27: by Flavio (new)

Flavio Verna (slfae) | 19 comments Passing by to link to a series of short stories I've been writing in these summer weeks, all available for free:

Long ago, in the Higher Realms, Alexikan, the Dark Prince of Malice, peacefully schemed to murder his dad with much glee and satisfaction.

But one night, an old beggar woman came to the star palace of the Prince, and offered him a lily in return for shelter from the cold. The Prince sneered: he could clearly see that she was a Fay in disguise and mocked her for presuming that she could teach him some quaint moral lesson with her tricks.

So the old woman up and punched him through dimensions, all the way to the Lower Realms.

And there the Prince roams still, looking for a way home...

Urnovl link

Minds link