Proud Readers of Great Stories discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
January - Two Week Read > Everything, Everything - Week 2: Nurse Evil - This Life

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Letitgo (new)

Letitgo | 62 comments Mod
This is a quick read. Who's still reading, what are your thoughts?

message 2: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (jebarton) | 14 comments I finished on Monday, and honestly, the 'twist' ending rather ruined it for me. (I'll tag my following comments in case someone comes in who hasn't finished it!)

(view spoiler)

message 3: by Letitgo (new)

Just finished. Will form my thoughts and be back to share them.

message 4: by John (new)

John Winston (johndarrylwinston) | 100 comments Mod
Finished it this morning. Hmmm ... have to think about this one, defitely an easy read.

message 5: by Eivette (new)

Eivette Martinez | 11 comments I thought it was pretty good throughout, but the ending actually made it for me. I was not expecting what happened. It was totally unpredictable, and I like that. Also it was an easy, enjoyable read.

message 6: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Rydell | 94 comments Mod
Eivette wrote: "I thought it was pretty good throughout, but the ending actually made it for me. I was not expecting what happened. It was totally unpredictable, and I like that. Also it was an easy, enjoyable read."

I'm glad you enjoyed it Eivette. I'm guess you're going to like The Maze Runner as well. Not sure about the other two. We'll see. Time for a new month of reading.

message 7: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Knight | 2 comments I liked it a lot. I can see it being an even better movie. I sure didn't see the ending coming. Can you say M. Night Shyamalan?

message 8: by Taryn (new)

Kyle wrote: "I liked it a lot. I can see it being an even better movie. I sure didn't see the ending coming. Can you say M. Night Shyamalan?"

M. Night? I can definitely see that Kyle.

message 9: by Taryn (new)

Janelle wrote: "I finished on Monday, and honestly, the 'twist' ending rather ruined it for me. (I'll tag my following comments in case someone comes in who hasn't finished it!)

[spoilers removed]"

definitely unexpected, Janelle. It did seem all-of-sudden when Madeline just ended up connecting with Oli at the end.

message 10: by Letitgo (new)

Ok, I think I've gathered my thoughts. Overall I think this was a decent story. Even though it was a fast read, it was a little slow for me as far as action goes. I thought the love relationship happened a bit fast but I understand that you don't have a lot of room/pages in this type of novel to get more in depth. Ultimately, the author probably just wanted to give a broad picture so that we got the gist of what was going on before she introduced the twist.

I thought the twist was sweet! I definitely didn't see that coming.

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Bernard (new)

Bernard Burton | 10 comments Janelle wrote: "I finished on Monday, and honestly, the 'twist' ending rather ruined it for me. (I'll tag my following comments in case someone comes in who hasn't finished it!)

[spoilers removed]"

Ruined it for me, too, Janelle. Not enough depth to the novel either.

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna | 20 comments It was a very quick read which I really enjoyed. When I started the book, I had intended to glance at the first chapter and come back to it a few days later. I ended up finishing it the next day!

This is definitely not a book I would have picked up on my own!
I was expecting a completely different story, but was pleasantly surprised with the tone throughout and topped off by the Romeo-Juliet motif. Great selection!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.