What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Jilted woman goes to France on what would have been her honeymoon

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judi (new)

Judi Lee | 5 comments Small paperback book. Blue cover, I believe. It is NOT The Last Time I Saw Paris by Elizabeth Adler - I've read that, and have it in my possession. I hope this is enough information. Please let me know if there is anything more I can tell you to help me solve this mystery. Thank you. J

message 2: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2424 comments How long ago did you read it? Is this romance, chick lit? Can you provide any more of the plot?

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1529 comments I think this happens in Making Minty Malone but it's been a loooong time since I read it.

message 4: by Judi (new)

Judi Lee | 5 comments Definitely not MMM, but thanks, Rachel.

Juels, I more than likely read it 5 or 7 years ago, possibly longer. The woman follows a wonderful and adventure filled route throughout France. She gets lost a lot. There may even be a romantic interest in the mix, but I could be confusing it with EatPrayLove. I would like to find this book because I hope to go to France and follow her route. Isn't this what dreams are made of?

Thanks for your input. Judi

message 5: by Judi (new)

Judi Lee | 5 comments It's been a while, but I wanted to repost this - with the hope of finding an answer to my query. Thanks so much. Happy 4th of July. Judi

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Winters | 130 comments It's a long shot: Boulevard of Broken Dreams

message 7: by Kris (last edited Jul 03, 2017 12:23PM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Faking It by Leah Marie Brown turned up while searching, but it was published in 2015.

Judy, was the heroine traveling alone through France? Did someone from her hometown accompany her?

Did she travel by bicycle, train, car or hitchhike?

Did the book feature certain regions of France - Paris, Provence, the Riviera, etc.?

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Winters | 130 comments Frenched?

When I got dumped by my stupid fiancé a week before the wedding, my plans involved nothing more than ice cream, a blanket fort, and a bonfire of his possessions.

But my friends convinced me that bitter tastes better drowned in Bordeaux, so I came to Paris for a single-moon.

message 9: by Judi (new)

Judi Lee | 5 comments Dear Kris and Sarah. Neither of your suggestions were the book. I'm beginning to believe this entire memory is only a figment of my imagination. Thanks for sharing. Judi

message 10: by Judi (new)

Judi Lee | 5 comments She traveled by car. Oh, the mind is a terrible thing to waste. 🤓

message 12: by K.L. (new)

K.L. | 72 comments Under a Tuscan Sun? not France I know, but very similar story...

message 13: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes - K.I.'s suggestion

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
Judi, are you still looking for this or did you find it?