Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > Team Fatrasta->Planning/Chatting

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by C.P. (last edited Jan 26, 2017 08:28AM) (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Please check in on this thread by February 1st to let the team know you still plan to participate.

Team Members
Melany ✓
Colleen ✓
Lisa ✓
Enqi ✓

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Checking IN. :D

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments Checking in also :)

message 4: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Checking in!! Looks like we're all here!

message 5: by enqi (new)

enqi ♡ (feyrhys) | 11 comments Hi! I'm joining your team :)

message 6: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Hi! So what do you guys plan on reading?

message 7: by enqi (new)

enqi ♡ (feyrhys) | 11 comments This month - Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur , Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum , The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West , Blurred Lines (Love Unexpectedly, #1) by Lauren Layne

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments I'm a horrible planner Melanie, but I'm gonna try to get together a list of books this weekend. What about you?

message 9: by Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) (last edited Jan 27, 2017 09:02AM) (new)

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments Enqi those look like some good books! :)

message 10: by Melany (last edited Jan 27, 2017 09:09PM) (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments *Historical fiction :The Last Kingdom
*Fantasy: A Darker Shade of Magic
*Science fiction
*Nonfiction:
*Red on the cover : A Gathering of
Shadows
, A Conjuring of Light
*A 2016 or 2017 debut:
*New to you author
*Number in the title
*Name in the title (this means a given/first name: Vassa in the Night
*A classic: The Mark of Zorro
*A book with a character that shares your first name
*A book recommended to you
*A buddy read:
*A book read in school
*Female author: Enter the Enchanted, Empire of Ivory
*Male author: Seeing Redd
*A book that has been adapted for film
*One word title:ArchEnemy
*Over 500 pages
*An award winner
*A collection of short stories : Zombies Vs. Unicorns

This is what I'm planning to read so far

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments You have some good books planned as well Melany. I have a couple of those in my TBR pile. Sorry I misspelled your name in my previous post, I hate auto correct sometimes! :)

message 12: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Lol its alright technology has been corrected my name my whole life! If you want to read any of the books I have planned we could do a buddy read!

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments That sounds great Melany! I think I would be interested in a Darker Shade of Magic. How about closer to the middle of the month, I have to get a copy and I've got some other reads to catch up on. How about the 11th? Does that work for you?

message 14: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments That works for me!

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments Ok I will ask to get a thread posted for us for the 11th. Looking forward to it. :)

message 16: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Cool thank you!!

message 17: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments A Darker Shade of Magic is one of out books for the month, so there's a thread for it already in book of the month folder. You guys can use it whenever you're ready to read. :)

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments Oh great thanks Courtney!

message 19: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Thank you!

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Do we have to read all of those or just the ones we have or are at the library?"

From what I understand you can read from any of the categories multiple times if you want and it will count, so you don't necessarily have to read all the categories listed.

message 21: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Elizabeth, are you wanting to join the challenge?

message 22: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Well let me know on the signup thread if you want to and I can add you to a team. Or you can do it solo.

message 23: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments You can stay as part of this team then.

message 24: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments My first review up!

message 25: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Melany wrote: "My first review up!"

(Sorry to jump in)

Melany you posted your review in the wrong thread. :)

message 26: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Sorry Thank you!

message 27: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Melany wrote: "Sorry Thank you!"

NP. :)

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments I started a book last month that would fit In one of the categories and finished over the last couple days, read 185 pages starting 2/1, can I still use it Courtney?

message 29: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments You can count it for the pages read this month, Colleen. :)

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments Ok. Thanks Courtney :)

message 31: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Courtney could I use a book with 96 pages or does it have to be 100 pages to qualify?

message 32: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments It needs to be 100 pages to count for a point, but you can count the pages for a shorter one.

message 33: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Ok thank you!

message 34: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Another question! Can use one of the Sherlock Holmes book for "a book that was adapted for film"?

message 35: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yes, that's fine.

message 36: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Thank you!

message 37: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments How is the reading coming this month?

message 38: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Mine is coming along OK, a little slower then I would like. How about yours

message 39: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I think I might possibly make it through my planned reading. Possibly...

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments That's awesome Courtney!

I'm in the same boat as you Melany, OK, but slower than I like.
Actually you are getting a lot accomplished Melany. You are doing really good!

message 41: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Lol thanks! But it's mostly because I'm reading short books

message 42: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I hope you're both able to get through some good books this month!

message 43: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments I hope you can too!

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments Thanks Courtney!

message 45: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yes, you need a review and then to post it on the team review thread like the example given.

message 46: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments You post the review thread here https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... just set it up as we did

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments I'm going to start A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab in just a bit. If you are still able to read it Melany I guess we communicate under its link in BOTM.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Colleen wrote: "I'm going to start A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab in just a bit. If you are still able to read it Melany I guess we communicate under its link in BOTM."

I would like to buddy read that with y'all if at all possible. I just finished a book so I could start it today. :)

message 49: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments The thread is up in the Book of the Month folder, Lisa. So feel free to add comments on there.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok. Thanks. :)

« previous 1