Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > Team Kez->Planning/Chatting

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by C.P. (last edited Jan 26, 2017 12:33PM) (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Please check in on this thread by February 1st to let the team know you still plan to participate.

Team Members
Victoria B ✓
Kaylin ✓
Laura ✓
Trisha ✓

message 2: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Checking in! :) I have a lot of books I'm excited for planned for February!

message 3: by Trisha (last edited Jan 25, 2017 05:18PM) (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments Hello everyone!! Checking in!!

I have a bunch of books planned for February too!
I'll post them soon!

message 4: by Trisha (last edited Feb 28, 2017 02:36PM) (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments My List for this month (working):

Categories:

*Historical fiction
*Science fiction
The Epidemic (The Program, #0.6) by Suzanne Young

*New to you author
*Name in the title (this means a given/first name):
*Female author

*One word title
Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman

*Over 500 pages
*An award winner
*A collection of short stories
*A book with a character that shares your first name
*A book recommended to you
*A book that has been adapted for film
*Number in the title
*Nonfiction

Rules
*Books must be read and reviewed (or have five status updates) between February 1 and February 28th.
*Books must be at least 100 pages to count.
*Graphic novels, manga, and books written in verse do not count for this challenge.
*Categories may be repeated.

*One point for every book read and reviewed that fits a category.
*One point for every buddy read that takes place within our group.
*Two points for reading the group book of the month (in addition to the point you receive if it fits a category).
*Five points for every 1000 pages read.
*Books started in previous months may be counted for pages only (assuming they would fit a category).

Read:
A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis The Book of Ivy (The Book of Ivy, #1) by Amy Engel Children of Eden by Joey Graceffa Shutter by Laurie Faria Stolarz This Is Our Story by Ashley Elston Die for You by Amy Fellner Dominy Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3) by A.C. Gaughen Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1) by J.A. Redmerski My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier The Good Girl by Mary Kubica Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake Smitten (Crush, #2) by Lacey Weatherford Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie Christmas Cookie Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #5) by Leslie Meier Abandon (Abandon, #1) by Meg Cabot Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell Secrets in the Snow by Michaela MacColl

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Hi, I'm just checking in. I still have to think about my reading list : )

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Trisha wrote: "My List for this month (working):

Categories:

*Historical fiction
Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3) by A.C. GaughenSecrets in the Snow by Michaela MacColl

*Fantasy
Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

*Sc..."

(Sorry to jump in your thread)

Trisha do you want to BR Three Dark Crowns?

message 7: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments I would love to!! When were you thinking of starting? I think I have it set for around 2/8

does that date work?

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments It'll be a little tricky but I'll manage. :)

Want me to set the thread?

message 9: by Trisha (last edited Jan 27, 2017 08:14AM) (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments Yes, please!! :)
Thx Bookbuyer!

message 10: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) I'm planning on reading:

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer (BR on 2/2)
Old Man's War (Old Man's War, #1) by John Scalzi (BR on 2/5)
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab (BOM)
When We Collided by Emery Lord (BR 2/20)
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Charlie Bucket, #1) by Roald Dahl

I need to play around with how they fit categories and what not, but I'm looking forward to reading some books I've had on my TBR a while.

message 11: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments Kaylin wrote: "I'm planning on reading:
.."

That's a great list! I hope you love our reading this month

I loved A Darker Shade of Magic
I was lucky enough to meet the author over the summer at an event. she was so sweet and I loved hearing her talk about this story! I hope you love it too!

message 12: by Trisha (last edited Jan 31, 2017 10:01AM) (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments WOOHOO!

is everyone ready to start tomorrow?

I plan to start: Shutter by Courtney Alameda The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis & The Epidemic (The Program, #0.6) by Suzanne Young as my first 3 choices

message 13: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Actually managed to finish my first book already! Squeezed in a short one before it was due back at the library.

And then I've started:
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer
Both of which I'm really enjoying!

How's everyone else doing?

message 14: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Great job guys!

message 15: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments so jealous!
I've been starting a lot but not finishing!
I will definitely wrap some up tonight thought!

I plan to finish: The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole

and keep working my way through: Take the Key and Lock Her Up (Embassy Row, #3) by Ally Carter Shutter by Laurie Faria Stolarz

and Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie is my audio book

message 16: by Trisha (last edited Feb 03, 2017 06:06AM) (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments Kaylin wrote: "Actually managed to finish my first book already! Squeezed in a short one before it was due back at the library.

And then I've started:
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman"

I loved this one! Do you have the book or the audio?

I had it as an audio book (with the author Neil Gaiman) reading it! So good!

I hope you love it :)

message 17: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Hope you can get through some and that you enjoy them, Trisha!

message 18: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) I actually put in the wrong book, because that's the one I finished already! I really liked it! I had the book, instead of the audio. I love it when authors narrate their own audiobooks, tho! :)

message 19: by Trisha (last edited Feb 06, 2017 08:14AM) (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments New week, new reading plans!!

Tonight I'm hoping to finish: Shutter by Laurie Faria Stolarz

and today I'm starting (hopefully finishing tomorrow) Children of Eden by Joey Graceffa The Book of Ivy (The Book of Ivy, #1) by Amy Engel

(also starting Saving Red by Sonya Sones but it doesn't count for this challenge as it's written in verse)

message 20: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) I think we're doing really well! :)

I'm still reading:
Gilded Cage (Dark Gifts, #1) by Vic James Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer

And starting:
Old Man's War (Old Man's War, #1) by John Scalzi

message 21: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments Kaylin wrote: "I think we're doing really well! :) "

Me too! :)

I'm curious to see what you think of Gilded Cage (Dark Gifts, #1) by Vic James !

message 22: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Trisha wrote: "I'm curious to see what you think of Gilded Cage (Dark Gifts, #1) by Vic James!"

I'm really enjoying it so far! It has a really complicated and political world, but without info-dumps so far.

message 23: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments How is everyone doing? You guys seem to have been able to fit in some good reading time! I hope you're able to continue to do so.

message 24: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments I'm doing good!
I wish I had more time to read! I have so many books I want to read this month! lol I just don't seem to be making much progress.

Next goals:

finish Shutter by Laurie Faria Stolarz
starting: This Is Our Story by Ashley Elston Die for You by Amy Fellner Dominy

keep working through: The Good Girl by Mary Kubica Take the Key and Lock Her Up (Embassy Row, #3) by Ally Carter Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

message 25: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) I'm having more time to read this month than I anticipated, and really happy with my progress! I keep juggling a lot of different books at one time, but it seems to be working well for me.

I'm still reading:
Old Man's War (Old Man's War, #1) by John Scalzi Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor and Gilded Cage (Dark Gifts, #1) by Vic James

Hoping to finish one more of those before starting:
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer and/or Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

message 26: by Trisha (last edited Feb 11, 2017 03:45PM) (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments I'm aiming to finish up: This Is Our Story by Ashley Elston Die for You by Amy Fellner Dominy

and starting: Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3) by A.C. Gaughen Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1) by J.A. Redmerski

how is everyone else doing?

message 27: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments Victoria wrote: "I've read Killing Sarai. I'm curious to see what you think of it. ..."

You are on fire! Well done, posting all those reviews! I hope you're enjoying your books!!

I am about 10 chapters in to Killing Sarai and so far, it's really interesting and I'm curious to see where it's going. I love that I finally got a chapter from Victor's POV!!

message 28: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments How is everyone doing this month? Looks like you guys are on a roll with reading!

message 29: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments I'm doing okay
not quite as much reading as I'd like to have done but a cold is on it's second route through the house, giving us all fevers and just general bleh. So it's getting in the way. lol

but today I'm working on: My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman Smitten (Crush, #2) by Lacey Weatherford

and finish: The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

wish me luck :D

message 30: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I'll be interested to see what you think of Etiquette and Espionage. I had fun with that. And I can't wait to read Scythe!

message 31: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) I was going to try to read Three Dark Crowns this month, but I don't think I'll have time. I hope you enjoy it, and I'm interested to see what you think!

I just finished: Gilded Cage (Dark Gifts, #1) by Vic James finally!

I ended up really enjoying it, but my opinions went back and forth for a while :P

message 32: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments Kaylin wrote: "I was going to try to read Three Dark Crowns this month, but I don't think I'll have time. I hope you enjoy it, and I'm interested to see what you think!

I just finished: [bookcover:Gilded Cage|30..."

yay! glad you liked it! I've seen some mixed reviews...

message 33: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments Today I'm hoping to finish up:
Smitten (Crush, #2) by Lacey Weatherford Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger

how is everyone else doing?

message 34: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Trisha wrote: "yay! glad you liked it! I've seen some mixed reviews..."

I think it's definitely a book you either absolutely love or really don't like.

I just finished The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

And am working on:
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab The Fall of Lisa Bellow by Susan Perabo

I think we're doing really well!!

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments I'm currently reading two books:

Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie and Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman

message 36: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments Yikes! Stay safe Victoria!!

message 37: by Trisha (last edited Feb 20, 2017 08:11PM) (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments I have my mom visiting and I've been sick so I didn't get many books done over the last day or two

finally finished 2 today (already posted reviews)

and hope to finish: Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman & Christmas Cookie Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #5) by Leslie Meier
(and maybe....just maybe Abandon (Abandon, #1) by Meg Cabot ) on Tuesday!

message 38: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments how is everyone else doing??

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Posted a review for. Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman

I'll be able to finish the other book I'm reading by the end of the month

message 40: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments Laura (acquariusgb) wrote: "Posted a review for. Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman

I'll be able to finish the other book I'm reading by the end of the month"

I can't wait to finish that one!!

message 41: by Trisha (last edited Feb 22, 2017 08:31PM) (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments ugh......busy days
but hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to finish: Abandon (Abandon, #1) by Meg Cabot Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman

and I'm starting: The Epidemic (The Program, #0.6) by Suzanne Young Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell Amy Chelsea Stacie Dee by Mary G. Thompson Bound by Blood and Sand by Becky Allen Ceaseless (Existence Trilogy, #3) by Abbi Glines

and hopefully finish 4 of them over the next day or two!

message 42: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Only a few days left! Any books you're trying to finish up?

message 43: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Good luck, Victoria! I hope you're enjoying them!

message 44: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) I'm currently finishing the second book in The Raven Cycle and hoping to finish When We Collided. Enjoying both so far! :)

message 45: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Book two was my favorite! I'm really liking When We Collided as well. :)

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments I've posted my review for Matched : )

message 47: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments WOOHOO Laura! that's awesome!

message 48: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments Victoria wrote: "Okay, I was hoping to finish these City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare A Dark Lure by Loreth Anne White by today but it didn't happen, but I'll make sure to be done with both before the deadline. :D"

Good luck Victoria!!

message 49: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 3021 comments I twisted my ankle today so I was down more than I wanted today but I definitely did too much (it hurts more today than yesterday!)

so I should be able to finish up: Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell

and maybe..... Secrets in the Snow by Michaela MacColl

message 50: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Sorry to hear you twisted your ankle. Does it feel better now? That's quite a goal you have, but you still have until the end of tomorrow, so I'm sure you'll get it all in.

« previous 1