Challenge Corner discussion

King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)
This topic is about King's Cage
Let's Buddy! - Fantasy > King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard->Restarting October 3rd 2017

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments There was a tie in our poll this month, so you have two books you can read for book of the month. Please discuss this along with other readers, hiding spoilers when needed.

Blurb
In this breathless third installment to Victoria Aveyard’s bestselling Red Queen series, allegiances are tested on every side. And when the Lightning Girl's spark is gone, who will light the way for the rebellion?

Mare Barrow is a prisoner, powerless without her lightning, tormented by her lethal mistakes. She lives at the mercy of a boy she once loved, a boy made of lies and betrayal. Now a king, Maven Calore continues weaving his dead mother's web in an attempt to maintain control over his country—and his prisoner.

As Mare bears the weight of Silent Stone in the palace, her once-ragtag band of newbloods and Reds continue organizing, training, and expanding. They prepare for war, no longer able to linger in the shadows. And Cal, the exiled prince with his own claim on Mare's heart, will stop at nothing to bring her back.

When blood turns on blood, and ability on ability, there may be no one left to put out the fire—leaving Norta as Mare knows it to burn all the way down.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I've pre-ordered this so hopefully my copy comes in on time for this! :D

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Hopefully so!

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C P wrote: "Hopefully so!"

My pre-orders have so far come in early but I'm thinking with this particular one since it's SOOOOO popular might be a bit delayed or at least only on time. :/

message 5: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I've never had one come early. But I hope this at least comes on time for you!

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C P wrote: "I've never had one come early. But I hope this at least comes on time for you!"

^-^

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I'm about 30% in and so far it's about a 3 star for me. :/

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Page 143 - (view spoiler)

message 9: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Did you like the previous books more?

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C P wrote: "Did you like the previous books more?"

Yes. But I seem to be rating books really harshly this year compared to other years so that might at least be part of it. I also have noticed that the series has gotten less appealing as it went on. Loved Red Queen 5 star, but Glass Sword was a 4 star. :/

message 11: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Feb 14, 2017 06:28PM) (new) - added it

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I'm surprised that more people haven't read this yet. Or at least commented when they did. It's been out for a week now! O.O

message 12: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I hate when that happens. Still, 3 stars isn't a horrible book. My ratings have been a lot lower as well. Of the 11 full novels I've read my average rating is 2.86...

message 13: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments And it got a lot of votes!

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C P wrote: "I hate when that happens. Still, 3 stars isn't a horrible book. My ratings have been a lot lower as well. Of the 11 full novels I've read my average rating is 2.86..."

My average rating for the past 4-ish years has been 3.79. I don't know how to see my rating for this year alone. :(

message 15: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I only know mine from this year because I'm keeping track of all my reading on a spreadsheet.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C P wrote: "I only know mine from this year because I'm keeping track of all my reading on a spreadsheet."

Cool cool. ^-^

message 17: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya White | 734 comments I didn't like Glass Sword as much as Red Queen but I still liked it. And I think King's Cage is a little better than Glass Sword. I like the different POVs. Which I usually don't like different POVs. #unpopularopinion.

message 18: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya White | 734 comments Haha sorry I just jumped right into the conversation.

message 19: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Jumping in is good!

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I'm looking forward to finishing this. I only got to 33% last month. :)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments ***RESTARTING OCTOBER 3RD***

message 22: by Rae (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rae Lake | 343 comments joining!!!