The Book Order discussion

Ever the Hunted (A Clash of Kingdoms, #1)
This topic is about Ever the Hunted
2017 Reads > January: Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charly, The Lemon Princess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Charly (bookishhighlady) | 28 comments Mod
Our first book to read as a group is Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill. We will be reading it from January 25th-31st. This thread is for you all to share your thoughts and feelings about this novel. Feel free to have a proper fangirl session and write in all caps lock with no care for spelling or punctuation, but please do not share spoilers unless they are hidden with html (if you could say what page this spoiler is on, that would be very helpful, so that people further behind won't get spoiled accidentally.) Thank you!!

So, what do you guys think of Ever the Hunted?

message 2: by Charly, The Lemon Princess (new) - rated it 5 stars

So, I'm just over 100pgs in (Chapter 12), and I have to say, I'm really really enjoying this book so far. It took about four chapters for me to get used to the main character, Britta, and her narration style, but I think that's because I just finished a book where the M.C had sever amnesia, so the writing was very sloppy.

Now that I'm a quarter of the way through the book, I can officially say that I really like the characters and the world that this book contains, and I think the story is well written and moving at a really good pace. The plot itself is very interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.

If you're wondering whether to join in on this group read, I would say that if you enjoyed books like A Court of Thorns and Roses and Red Queen (I've also heard that it's a little similar to Ruined), then I think you've got a pretty good chance of enjoying it!

message 3: by Astrid (new)

Astrid | 6 comments I would love to read it, but no libraries in Denmark has it :(
I hope i can join the next read though!

message 4: by Astrid (new)

Astrid | 6 comments Oh, I suppose I could get the ebook, but I read sooo slowly on my phone

message 5: by Charly, The Lemon Princess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Astrid wrote: "I would love to read it, but no libraries in Denmark has it :(
I hope i can join the next read though!"

Aw, that is a shame!! You could get the Ebook, but I know what you mean, reading on a phone takes twice as long!! In Feb we will be reading The Chemist, Three Dark Crowns, Carve the Mark, and The Unexpected Everything, so I really hope you will be able to join us on one of those reads!! I'm also going to be starting a new thread for discussions about books, so perhaps you could come hang out there if you can't take part in this thread :D

message 6: by Astrid (new)

Astrid | 6 comments Great, I'm sure I'll be able to get most of those :)

message 7: by Charly, The Lemon Princess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Astrid wrote: "Great, I'm sure I'll be able to get most of those :)"

Yaay <3

message 8: by Charly, The Lemon Princess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay... So I'm a few days late finishing the book as I have the flu and a sinus infection, so rather than reading I have been curled up watching 24 (anyone else obsessed with that show? I've watched like 2.5 seasons this week haha). However, the fact that I haven't been reading doesn't mean I didn't enjoy this book, in fact I loved it! I really managed to connect to Britta and her storyline (so many emotions!!!!), and oh my goodness! Cohen and Leif! I can't decide who I love more! As well as the cute boys, I also loved the murder mystery element to the novel, I thought that was a nice twist on the usual Y.A fantasy story - I also didn't work out who did it until a few sentences before it was revealed, which is pretty great!

So, yeah... I ended up giving this book 5 stars, which is probably too much for what it was, but I just fell in love with the characters and the world that they inhabit. I'm really excited for the next book, it ended on a really interesting cliff hanger, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the story develops! :D