Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Te Kauhanga: A Tale of Space(s)
This topic is about Te Kauhanga
Adding New Books > Please help add a new edition of Te Kauhanga

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Antony (new) - added it

Antony Millen | 31 comments I need some help adding new editions of this and one other book which I'll create a separate thread for. I may have been mistaken in creating a new entry for this, so that may need deleting.

I have published a second edition with a new ISBN and new cover and some revised content. If I can only have one cover on Goodreads, I want the new ones. Here's the general info required:

* Title: Te Kauhanga: A Tale of Space(s)
* Author(s) name(s): Antony Millen
* ISBN (or ASIN): B01NCZSRRF
* Publisher: Maple Koru Publishing
* Publication date: 24 January 2017
* Format: Kindle
* Description:

In the town of Te Kauhanga ...

Montreal Perec is an accomplished cartographer with unusual powers of perception. He lives as a recluse in his lighthouse-like home, determined to locate the treasure of his ancestors.

Sharon Pellerine works for the local council. An attractive woman, she is desired by various rural and municipal courters, until they discover her sad secret.

Stanley Kowalczyk is an insurance adjuster with an obsession with straight lines and a weakness for beautiful women.
These characters’ lives revolve around the apparently perishing tree of Taumata—an enormous tree, one of the legendary legs of Tane Mahuta and a taonga to local Māori.

As debate rages in the township about the tree’s future, Perec is led closer to his treasure by the activities of his fellow residents.

Te Kauhanga is a highly entertaining and mysterious tale of spaces that examines how our position and movement in this world influence others.

“This book races along. Amazing characters, whacky as hell, brilliantly structured and hugely entertaining.” – James Russell, author of The Dragon Brothers Trilogy

* Page count

* Link to cover on a NON-BOOKSELLER site: https://antonymillen.com/te-kauhanga-...

Cheers,

Antony

message 2: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Hi Anthony,

That edition (The Kindle edition) already existed, so I combined it with the others and added the cover.

You mentioned a new ISBN, but this is a kindle edition. Have you republished the paperback or other ebook edition too?

As the author you can change the default cover (the one that shows when people search by book name and shows on your author profile) by following the instructions here (in #4):
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Antony (new) - added it

Antony Millen | 31 comments Thank you - I am in the process of publishing the paperback edition as well and will return here when that is done. Thanks again!

message 4: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments If you want to add them yourself, as soon as you have the ISBN, the easiest way is to go to an existing edition and start there.

If you can't already see it, press the "more details" link just above the "Get a copy" buttons under the book description. Then click "Add a new edition" and it will start a new edition with your title and name and description already filled in, and already combined with your other editions.

Of course it's perfectly fine to just post here too, it's what the group is for after all.

BTW, I love that new cover.

message 5: by Antony (new) - added it

Antony Millen | 31 comments Thanks again and thanks for saying - I'm excited to get this cover out there!