Our Shared Shelf discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Trolls ?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Jean (CarolineJean) | 8 comments Hello everyone !

It's not a topic to debate, just to ask a little question. And I'm French so excuse my english.

I'm a member of OSS since just one month, but I've got a feeling that there's a lot (or just some) trolls and anti-feminists in there. Am I alright ? oO

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 16 comments I'm not completely sure if there are many trolls actually... Most of the people I've encountered in the group have been honest. If anything, I would say that most of the people on here are just questioning the world around them and how they fit in it. This group is about growing together and most of the people I've talked with on here seem to be trying to do just that... hope that helped!

-Jamie

message 3: by Ross (last edited Jan 25, 2017 05:27AM) (new)

Ross | 1444 comments Hi Caroline. We do encourage spirited debate but have respect and value all view points and contribution.

That being said I agree we have seen anti feminist action; false accounts and people masking invidious comments by claiming to be speaking for women who raised the point.

But that is a good thing people using such tactics unable to be honest about who they are and what they believe are who as feminist we want to engage with.

We may not convince them but we can by being open and showing the courage of our convictions that the word has to change.

Lead by example feminist are united by a common cause those that oppose us only by a shared fear.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.