World, Writing, Wealth discussion

All Things Writing & Publishing > Elite Authors, how to sell 100 million plus copies

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aiden (new)

Aiden Bailey (aidenlbailey) | 76 comments Elite authors, how to sell millions and live the glamorous author lifestyle. Basically treat it as a business, find a genre and stick with it, be strategic in what you write and get out books with a consistent regularity. Oh, and write a terrific story every time.

I like this article. Shows that being smart about how you write increases one's chances of transforming fiction writing into a career.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...

message 2: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14950 comments Always good to keep an eye on the mega-sellers and to learn from the best in biz..
Hope we are cultivating some authors right here, who'll rock the top ten -:)

message 3: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Engel-Hodgkinson (nexus_engel) | 52 comments Thanks for sharing this. :)

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) A good article on that it shows what has been done in the past and therefore what could be accomplished. to its credit, it does allude to the non-native-English market (both in English and through translations) which I think is very much worth exploring.

However, That article focuses on writers who have risen through the ranks of traditional publishing. There is another way: the self-publishing entrepreneur.

If you look at authorearnings.com, which compiles stats on 1 million Amazon titles every calendar quarter, you'll see they self-publishing authors are a significant force.

(
http://authorearnings.com/report/dbw2...)

message 5: by Aiden (new)

Aiden Bailey (aidenlbailey) | 76 comments Thanks Alex G. I decided to take the self-publishing route because of very similar reasons that you've pointed out. i think we are starting to see the blockbuster Self-Publishing Authors arrive on the scene.

message 6: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Aiden wrote: "Thanks Alex G. I decided to take the self-publishing route because of very similar reasons that you've pointed out. i think we are starting to see the blockbuster Self-Publishing Authors arrive on ..."

I hope so.