YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Toots (F) - Chat!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 93 (93 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (last edited Feb 02, 2017 09:25AM) (new)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments Hello, everyone! This is our chatting thread!

Team Members

Raihan ✔
Guinevere ✔
Amber ✔
Chelsea ✔
Nikki ✔
Iman ✔
Victoria ✔
Bhavik ✔
Johanna ✔

Please check in as soon as you can! :)

Reviews : https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Thanks for making the thread! Excited to start :)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments Well someone had to start a thread , So I thought why not me haha :)
Me too!
Another week to go!

message 4: by Guinevere (new)

Guinevere (kwini) | 160 comments Checking in :) This is the first time I joined this challenge and I'm so excited!

message 5: by Guinevere (last edited Jan 25, 2017 01:00AM) (new)

Guinevere (kwini) | 160 comments Hey guys you might be interested in reading these so here are my BRs for Feb so far:
16th Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas
25th Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas

And here are the books I'm planning to read for the challenge:
Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon Liar by Justine Larbalestier Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments Guinevere wrote: "Hey guys you might be interested in reading these so here are my BRs for Feb so far:

And here are the books I'm p..."

I would have agreed for COM and HOF but I am yet to start TOG :/
As for rest let's see.

PS : Buddy reads give you double points so read together if you can in feb

Guinevere wrote: "Checking in :) This is the first time I joined this challenge and I'm so excited!"

It's my first time too!
I hope we have people in the group that have participated before!

message 7: by Nur Raihan (new)

Nur Raihan (byeraihan) Guinevere wrote: "Hey guys you might be interested in reading these so here are my BRs for Feb so far:

And here are the books I'm p..."

I wanna read com soon so perhaps I can join! ☺

message 8: by Guinevere (new)

Guinevere (kwini) | 160 comments Bhavik wrote: "Guinevere wrote: "Hey guys you might be interested in reading these so here are my BRs for Feb so far:

And here a..."

We won't be reading it until the 16th so if you could read ToF before that, we could read CoM together!

message 9: by Guinevere (new)

Guinevere (kwini) | 160 comments Nur Raihan wrote: "Guinevere wrote: "Hey guys you might be interested in reading these so here are my BRs for Feb so far:

And here a..."

Yay! There's already a thread setup for CoM at the Feb Buddy Reads thread!

message 10: by Guinevere (new)

Guinevere (kwini) | 160 comments Oh I almost forgot, I also have a BR for Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo for the 18th, in case you wanna join :) Though I don't think I could use it for this challenge

message 11: by Amber (new)

Amber Green (ambisaur) | 155 comments Hi everyone, I'm so excited to be doing a challenge again. It's been ages since I've participated in one!

Count me in for the CoM buddy read, it's been on my tbr for way too long.

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments Guinevere wrote: "Oh I almost forgot, I also have a BR for Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo for the 18th, in case you wanna join :) Though I don't think I could use it for this challenge"

That one is definitely for another time.

Guinevere wrote: "Bhavik wrote: "Guinevere wrote: "Hey guys you might be interested in reading these so here are my BRs for Feb so far:
25th [bookcover:Heir of Fire|206134..."

I can do that nut I wonder if 9 days will be enough for that?
Not to mention I dont have Heir of Fire.
At the best I could do Audio book of that atm but Idont think I'm Good with those.

message 13: by Guinevere (new)

Guinevere (kwini) | 160 comments @Bhavik I think it's enough, but I think it really depends on how much you like the book, and how much time you can allot for reading it. I liked Throne of Glass and I read it in 3 days.

I only have an ebook of Heir of Fire

message 14: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Don't worry newbies, I've done loads of challenges! I'll be reading a lot at the start of the month, but I start uni on the 19th so probably won't get much done after that
Here are the buddy reads I have planned for Feb, I'm not sure what else (if anything) I'll get read :)

Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover - 1st
Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu - 3rd
Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5) by Marissa Meyer - 7th
Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby - 9th
After You (Me Before You, #2) by Jojo Moyes - 15th

message 15: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Yeah, it's really frustrating when you don't have a good library nearby!

message 16: by Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (last edited Jan 27, 2017 11:07PM) (new)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments Okay so these are the few books I'm gonna read for feb :
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas , Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover , Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes , A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin , Hart Broken (Hart #1) by Annie Arcane , Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami
and maybe if I feel like :

Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby and The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

and as for COM and HOf , if I can lay my hands on them then.

I will throw few shoujo mangas as well.

Romance is not really my genre, it feels like I'm stepping out of my comfort zone :x

message 17: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Oh yay, we can do a couple of those buddy reads together then! :)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments Sure thing! :)

message 19: by Nur Raihan (new)

Nur Raihan (byeraihan) Hi guys! So far, I'm planning to read Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas , Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling and Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer in Feb!

I'm not sure if I'm gonna read more than that because Winter itself is already 800+ pages long! The book is not in February buddy read list at this point but I've asked anyone if they're willing to buddy read it with me so I'm able to double the points :)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments I can try for HP #3
even though I just reread it recently

message 21: by Guinevere (new)

Guinevere (kwini) | 160 comments @Nur Raihan That's great! And we could buddy read CoM! Here are the books I plan on reading and I already have buddies for all of them:
Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

I dunno if I could read more books because I need study for exams and I'll be quite busy with other extra-curricular stuff

message 22: by Nur Raihan (new)

Nur Raihan (byeraihan) Bhavik wrote: "I can try for HP #3
even though I just reread it recently"

let me know if you're going to! it's my first time tho :) (I know, don't judge)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments Nur Raihan wrote: "Bhavik wrote: "I can try for HP #3

let me know if you're going to! it's my first time tho :) (I know, don't judge)"

whoa seriously? :O
well nah..not judging you..nope.
You're going to have a real good time!
Did you read the first two? Ofcourse you have.

message 24: by Nur Raihan (last edited Jan 29, 2017 04:39AM) (new)

Nur Raihan (byeraihan) Bhavik wrote: "Nur Raihan wrote: "Bhavik wrote: "I can try for HP #3

let me know if you're going to! it's my first time tho :) (I know, don't judge)"

whoa seriously? :O
we..."

Yeah really. Unlike most readers, I don't have parents who read and when I read books, I actually save up to buy them (not that I'm complaining or anything) I'm really proud that reading naturally comes within myself when I'm younger and tell me, which kid could afford HP books anyway? :p

I bought mr midnight, goosebumps, that sort back then. I just recently have the right amount of money to buy the boxset so that explains it (the hike up price after cursed child was release and the whole fantastic beasts movie thing & currency issue doesn't help either)

and yes, of course I have.

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments Nur Raihan wrote: "Bhavik wrote: "Nur Raihan wrote: "Bhavik wrote: "I can try for HP #3

whoa s..."

Well I am the same as you then!
My Parents did used to read but that was all regional stuff.They don't read English at all lol.
I started reading in English via Comics around 15 years back which cultivated into voracious reading of any material years later xD
I save up too currently and buy books and more books and even more books although always second hand and cheap ones because first copies are expensive for me.
True Hp is actually expensive xD I myself read it by borrowing from a library a decade ago :p

I don't know about midnight but goosebumps oh yeah. That brings memories.
Whoa you were able to buy the boxset? Awesome!
I still need #1-5 to complete the collection.
And yea I get where you're coming from ( the price hike up is annoying and currency issue is just whew)

message 26: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Heya all just wanted to check in :)
An old dab hand at reading challenges here :) I haven't got any books yet planned fingers crossed I'll plan some tomorrow :)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments Well that leaves us with two more people.

@Nikki : you can try any of the books mentioned above if you want! :)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments I wonder where Iman and Chelsea are!

That being said @Victoria , time to get started with Slammed ! :D

message 29: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Bhavik wrote: "Well that leaves us with two more people.

@Nikki : you can try any of the books mentioned above if you want! :)"

I would love to but trying not to add any new to my list, so going to have a trawl through my list and see what fits in :)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments Well whatever suits you! :)
Happy Reading!

message 31: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 199 comments Sorry for the late response! I've been swamped with exams and papers that I had to write. I would love to read a few of the books mentioned above.

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

message 32: by Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (last edited Feb 01, 2017 10:54AM) (new)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments Finally!
That leaves us with just one person.

You can try to Buddy read Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins and The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon along with Guinevere.

And Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas along me me and Amber [we have planned it for 3rd feb]

message 33: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Right found the book I'll begin reading tonight (in 10 mins) Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 34: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout complete and reviewed

message 35: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Mate of a Dragon Villain by Mandy Rosko is next on the list

message 36: by Guinevere (new)

Guinevere (kwini) | 160 comments @Nikki That's great! I'm still trying to finish City of Stairs (The Divine Cities, #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett which I started last month

message 37: by Guinevere (new)

Guinevere (kwini) | 160 comments Chelsea wrote: "Sorry for the late response! I've been swamped with exams and papers that I had to write. I would love to read a few of the books mentioned above.

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman[bookcover:Anna and th..."

I don't know if I could still read The Sun is also a Star because I already have a couple BRs planned and I still have exams and stuff but I think we could BR Anna and the French Kiss! I could read it Feb 11-16 or 20-24 if that's okay with you :)

message 38: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 199 comments @Guinevere

February 11th sounds good for me!

message 39: by Guinevere (new)

Guinevere (kwini) | 160 comments Great! I'll go ask for a thread

message 40: by Guinevere (new)

Guinevere (kwini) | 160 comments And oh you might wanna join the BR for Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman which starts on the 6th :)

message 41: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 199 comments Ok thanks! I'll have to see if I'm able to get Scythe before the 6th, fingers crossed I can.

message 42: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Unfortunately I have to finish a book from last month first, but I'm getting straight onto Slammed after that! So good to see all the buddy reads being planned, hopefully that'll get us higher up the scoreboard :)

message 43: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 199 comments If anyone wants to read A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas with me at some point, let me know :)

message 44: by Nur Raihan (new)

Nur Raihan (byeraihan) If anyone is up for By Your Side by Kasie West , let me know too :)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments @Victoria : If I complete the book today would it still be a BR? or should I pause it for now?

@Guinevere : Ask for HP thread too

message 46: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Guinevere wrote: "@Nikki That's great! I'm still trying to finish City of Stairs (The Divine Cities, #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett which I started last month"

Is it slow going or just not able to find the time?

message 47: by Guinevere (new)

Guinevere (kwini) | 160 comments Nikki wrote: "Guinevere wrote: "@Nikki That's great! I'm still trying to finish City of Stairs (The Divine Cities, #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett which I started last month"

Is it slow going or just not able to find the time?"

Both, I guess. It's kinda slow at first and I had loads of stuff to do the last few weeks so I wasn't able to get back to it. I'm 40% into it right now and it's great!

message 48: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84132 comments Mod
Adding Johanna to your team ☺

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 299 comments Alright :)

message 50: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna_e) | 174 comments Hi!
I'm sorry for joining so late, hope you don't mind :)

Anyways, my plan is to read at least these three this month, and probably a few more:
Eld (Engelsfors, #2) by Mats Strandberg Nyckeln (Engelsfors, #3) by Mats Strandberg Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes

I started Eld yesterday, but I'd love to buddy read Me Before You later this month if anyone is interested.

« previous 1