Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

Eversea (Butler Cove, #1)
This topic is about Eversea
2017- Buddy Reads > Eversea BR - *spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Creating a spoilery discussion thread.

Leslie | 2430 comments I love being nosey and seeing what everyone has to say. I've already read this one. I liked it, but REALLY like second book. Jack is swoony.

message 3: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments It *wasn't* feeling YA to me until (safe if you've reached the beginning of ch. 13) (view spoiler)

Otherwise, I'm really liking it. I haven't looked up the author yet, but I wonder if she's new. I'm catching several basic typos and a few inconsistencies that probably should have been caught in beta, certainly by an editor!

message 4: by Fabi (last edited Jan 24, 2017 03:54PM) (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments Thanks!!! I kept thinking about doing this but didn't know if I should. I always feel so awkward commenting without spoiler tags. This is so much easier. @% & (view spoiler) and voilà.

I've been working all day so haven't gotten much further than 30%.

message 5: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Leslie wrote: "I love being nosey and seeing what everyone has to say. I've already read this one. I liked it, but REALLY like second book. Jack is swoony."

I like him too! (view spoiler)

message 6: by Fabi (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments Ugh Leslie. I hope this doesn't have a CH. I don't have time for a second book right now.

message 7: by Fabi (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments Robin. What % is your spoiler on? I don't want to read it if it's past where I'm at.

message 8: by Robin (last edited Jan 24, 2017 03:58PM) (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Isn't the followup All that Jazz? I saw it in Bookworm Box and almost bought it instead until I saw it was a continuation of this. I'm guessing that's Jazz's story? <--I'm clever like that.

message 9: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments I'm at 33%, the beginning of ch. 13.

message 10: by Fabi (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments Ok, I'm at 31% so I'll wait to read your spoiler until I'm there.

message 11: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Yeah at the end of ch. 12 you'll know what I'm (mildly) irked about.

Leslie | 2430 comments Answering Fabi cliffhanger question. Not sure if you consider this a spoiler or not, so spoiler tag it is. (view spoiler)

message 13: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Leslie wrote: "Answering Fabi cliffhanger question. Not sure if you consider this a spoiler or not, so spoiler tag it is. [spoilers removed]"

Well crap. Why the heck didn't I buy both books??!!

message 14: by Fabi (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments Leslie is it the answer to the CH question?

Leslie | 2430 comments Robin Forever Jack is follow up. Dont read blurb, it will spoil.

message 16: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Leslie wrote: "Robin Forever Jack is follow up. Dont read blurb, it will spoil."

Oooohhh. Good to know. All That Jazz must just be a spinoff then.

Leslie | 2430 comments Yes Fabi.

Leslie | 2430 comments Jazz is MC in All that Jazz. I liked that one too.

message 19: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments OK maybe I'm beginning to agree with the YA assessment. The only thing missing is a HS. I'm still liking it, but KA seems like mighty young--even for 21. And (I'm at the end of ch. 13, 36%) (view spoiler)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeaj, I bought the second book when I bought the first. They w
ere on sale.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

R thats how I fee l when the character consume so much alcohol.
I know people that are alcoholics and sometimes it checks those same boxes. Its not funny.

message 22: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments bev wrote: "R thats how I fee l when the character consume so much alcohol.
I know people that are alcoholics and sometimes it checks those same boxes. Its not funny."

I'm fine with characters drinking too much. I'm even fine with drug use, but not when they make light of it. Not when they drive.

message 23: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments I should clarify, unless it's something they are meant to overcome, or if they're a special case, the kind of character you don't necessarily root for.

message 24: by Fabi (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments Leslie wrote: "Answering Fabi cliffhanger question. Not sure if you consider this a spoiler or not, so spoiler tag it is. [spoilers removed]"

$!!$&!#!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I am fine with them drinking. Just if it is every day or night. Or how they deal with every problem. Or its a hard day I deserve a drink, but several times a week not just the one off. Or getting drunk and working hung over.
Dude you smell. Smells bad and strong. Alcohol comes out of your pores. And your eyes will be glassy and blood shot. Plus you do not get sober in a couple hours, not how it works. If no break your body constantly has alcohol in its system.
*shrug*
It rings my alarm bells. Lol. Like I said I know people and it breaks your heart.

Leslie | 2430 comments Bev, I'm totally with you. I recently read a book where mc's smoked pot on several occasions and that wicked turned me off as well.

Robin, I also was annoyed by scene you referred to. Not funny.

message 27: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments I just figured out what it is I like so much about this, despite the h who I haven't made up my mind about yet. The writing is very Renee Carlino to me.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, I like the h but now she just bugged me.

message 29: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments bev wrote: "Ok, I like the h but now she just bugged me."

where are you?

message 30: by Fabi (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments Robin wrote: "Leslie wrote: "I love being nosey and seeing what everyone has to say. I've already read this one. I liked it, but REALLY like second book. Jack is swoony."

I like him too! [spoilers removed]"

I've noticed her TSTL tendencies before now. Wait. Maybe that's harsh. She just comes across as VERY young to me. I mean, early teens young.

message 31: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Fabi wrote: "Robin wrote: "Leslie wrote: "I love being nosey and seeing what everyone has to say. I've already read this one. I liked it, but REALLY like second book. Jack is swoony."

I like him too! [spoilers..."

I'm not going that far, but /yes, I do feel like she's younger than 21 much of the time. Maybe 18/19, but that's a far cry from 21 when you're that young.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

42%
(view spoiler)
I do like that she is giddy, but knows maube over her head. That she takes pride in her job and life and doesn't let him say or think anything against that.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I am way older than the heroine. If George Clooney all of a sudden wanted to hang out and be all flirty and I started falling for him.....id have a freaking hard time not being able to disect it with my best friend. My mom? Forget it. Id have shared instantly.Honestly same if it was any non famous guy.
Now if I ran across a famous person im not asking for an autograph, or secret picture, or pointing them out to anyone.

Leslie | 2430 comments If George Clooney wants to hang with me, I'm shouting it from the freaking rooftops!!!!

message 35: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments I just know I wouldn't tell the person to his face I'd keep his secret and then tell 3 people. I would have agreed while the person was a "visitor" but as soon as he became more than that I'd let him know I'd have to fill in my BFF and brother. Then he has a choice what he wants to do.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

True, I agree R. Just because famous doesnt mean no right to privacy. I just understand the urge.
Though, yeah, probably would of told my mom, lol.

message 37: by Fabi (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments @39% the honest and grown up conversation she had with him in front of the washing machine pretty much redeemed her for me

message 38: by Nay (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Robin wrote: "It *wasn't* feeling YA to me until (safe if you've reached the beginning of ch. 13) [spoilers removed]

Otherwise, I'm really liking it. I haven't looked up the author yet, but I wonder if she's ne..."

Of course, I notice the editing comment, but see, this author has plenty of books under her belt and this has been out for years now. To me, there's no excuse for a lack of editing.

And if this is YA-ish, I don't think I care to read it. I'll wait to hear the verdict when y'all are done.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I want to meet the ex and see if she is a bit akward and never smiles.

message 40: by Fabi (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments I haven't noticed editing issues. And I still maintain its a good story although the non-ending will surely piss me off.

message 41: by Fabi (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments Come to think of it, for a free book, it's pretty damn awesome. Most of the freebies on my tbr aren't worth the download time.

message 42: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Fabi wrote: "I haven't noticed editing issues. And I still maintain its a good story although the non-ending will surely piss me off."

It's not much, but odd stuff like a missing quote mark or one of my pet peeves being inconsistent: using both jeez and geez, and hyper aware and hyper-aware. That bugs the heck out of me!

message 43: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Fabi wrote: "Come to think of it, for a free book, it's pretty damn awesome. Most of the freebies on my tbr aren't worth the download time."

True, but has it always been free? I paid $15, but it's signed and went for a good cause.

message 44: by Fabi (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments Yeah, your copy is kinda special.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

This isn't in the book but drives me nuts. No one else seems to notice, so must just be me.
When they shake their head for yes.
A shake is no. A nod is yes.

message 46: by Fabi (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments That drives me crazy too Bev!!!

Michelle (michellesantiago) | 299 comments For s freebie it was great. But there's a book two! Argh!!! 3.5 to 4 stars for me. Nothing too memorable, and not the level of story for some of the others on that top 100 list. A younger reader would probably love it. Too many Twilight & crew type feels for me... I kept picturing Robert Pattinson, all the mussed up hair comments, girlfriend from wildly popular series from a book made into a movie cheats on him, press releases pics... blah blah blah.... contractually obligated to be a couple. Good book, just not as great as I thought it would be!

Michelle (michellesantiago) | 299 comments I was more interested in the character he played & the whole Erath series! Figures....

message 49: by Fabi (new) - added it

Fabi | 872 comments @41% (view spoiler)

Awww that was so sweet!!!!! melty heart for Jack

Michelle (michellesantiago) | 299 comments And absolutely no plot twists. Totally predicted ending. Duh!!! Also, I just read a CR that was so good (September) so I may be jaded.

« previous 1