YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Rosie (F) ~ Chat :)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 81 comments The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Book -
Category -
Page count -
Review-
Buddy-

Categories:
- A couple on the cover
- Flowers on the cover
- Envelope or greetings card on the cover
- Food on the cover
- A ring or jewellery on the cover
- A candle on the cover
- Hearts on the cover
- A red cover
- A romance novel
- A book first published in February
- "Date" in the title
- "Love" in the title
- "Secret" in the title
- "Cupid" in the title
- "Kiss" In the title
- Book with an average rating of 4 or more
- Title starting with V, A, L, E, N, T, or I
- Book from this list - https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

*100 - 199 pages = 1 point
*200 - 299 pages = 2 points
*300 - 399 pages = 3 points
*400 - 499 pages = 4 points
*500 - 599 pages = 5 points
*600+ pages = 6 points
(maximum of 6 points per book)
*Buddy reads DOUBLE your points score, so a 300 page book + buddy read = 6 points. 600 page book + buddy read = 12 points. (Bonus points for buddy reads will only be given if the buddy read has taken place in our group.)

message 2: by Lucy (last edited Feb 01, 2017 12:20PM) (new)

Lucy | 81 comments Please check in before the first of February! :)

Amanda - :)
Lucy - :)
Anna - :)
Brandi - :)
Ally - :)
Kaycee - :)
Mandy - :)
Kate - :)
Farida - :)

We're all here! xox

message 3: by Corrine (new)

Corrine | 306 comments Hey I'm super excited for this challenge to start next week! :)

message 4: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Hi! Looking forward to this months challenge :)

message 5: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 63 comments Looking forward to this month!

message 6: by Lucy (last edited Jan 24, 2017 11:49PM) (new)

Lucy | 81 comments What is everyone planning on reading this month? Shall we try get some buddy reads?

message 7: by Lucy (last edited Jan 25, 2017 03:40PM) (new)

Lucy | 81 comments This is my February TBR pile although I might not be able to read them all as I still unfortunately have exams :(

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
On the Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher
The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo

message 8: by Kaycee (new)

Kaycee B. (kayceelb) | 28 comments Hi all! Could someone explain to me how this works? I've never done one of these before

message 9: by Kaycee (last edited Jan 26, 2017 02:54PM) (new)

Kaycee B. (kayceelb) | 28 comments I want to read these this month, although I'm sure I won't get to them all:
Love and First Sight by Josh Sundquist
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
Kindness for Weakness by Shawn Goodman (Not sure if this one will count)
Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins
This Is My Brain on Boys by Sarah Strohmeyer

message 10: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 81 comments Once you have read a book you need to either write a review or whilst reading update your progress with 4 detailed comments. Then use the layout above to make a comment on our reviews thread with the link to the book you've read ( link the one with the highest page count - no matter what the language), tell us how many pages, link your review and link the buddy thread if you buddy read your book.

message 11: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 81 comments That should help, message me if you need anymore help :)

message 12: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) | 13 comments I'm here.

message 13: by Kaycee (new)

Kaycee B. (kayceelb) | 28 comments Okay thanks....this is an off topic question but, how do you comment book covers like that? I can't figure out how to do it lol

message 14: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 81 comments Are you on desktop or in the app? I've only been able to work it out on desktop

message 15: by Kaycee (new)

Kaycee B. (kayceelb) | 28 comments I use both....I doubt it will work on the app....but I can't figure it out on desktop either

message 16: by Mandy (last edited Jan 25, 2017 12:34PM) (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) | 13 comments I think this is what you mean?

On my desktop I click add book/author and on the bottom click cover instead of link. I don't see a option when I try to comment on my phone.

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
I bet you could use the HTML but i'm not sure how it would work from the ap.
But I can use a browser to use the web version and it works out.

message 17: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Alright, so usually I start off really strong and then I kind of trail off towards the end BUT this is what I have planned so far:

Buddy Reads: The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1) by Richelle Mead Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5) by Marissa Meyer Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

So, already... I am exhausted. The rest I will probably not get to but here they are:

Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2) by Lauren DeStefano A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig Puppy Love by A. Destiny

message 18: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments I am in a Medium team for January, and I've read a good amount but I just can't keep up with a medium team and I wanted to have a little more fun and relax! I cannot wait to start. Let me know if you want to read any with me!

message 19: by Kaycee (new)

Kaycee B. (kayceelb) | 28 comments If we start a book at the end of January and finish it in February, does it still count?

message 20: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 81 comments Yes, but only the pages you read in February:)

message 21: by Corrine (last edited Jan 26, 2017 06:23PM) (new)

Corrine | 306 comments BR. Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and hopefully The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

Otherwise I play it by ear I am open to more buddy reads depending on timing and book availability :)

message 22: by Kaycee (new)

Kaycee B. (kayceelb) | 28 comments Ok I am going to try to add a book cover....

message 23: by Kaycee (new)

Kaycee B. (kayceelb) | 28 comments Yay!!! lol Love and First Sight by Josh Sundquist

message 24: by Kaycee (last edited Jan 26, 2017 02:55PM) (new)

Kaycee B. (kayceelb) | 28 comments Thanks for the help, I edited my original post with my TBR so now it has the book covers :)

message 25: by Mandy (last edited Jan 28, 2017 10:45PM) (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) | 13 comments I'm a mood readers so it's hard to plan ahead. This is my current list but subject to changes....
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunterverse #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Bad Romeo (Starcrossed, #1) by Leisa Rayven Dallas Fire & Rescue Emergency Cupid (Kindle Worlds Novella) (Mt. Olympus Employment Agency Cupid Book 1) by R.L. Naquin Hunted (Forever Faire #1) by Hazel Hunter Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Still working on it will update when I have a little more time.

message 26: by Anna (new)

Anna Fodor (anneemf) | 42 comments hey guys:) sorry I was a bit late but I'm really excited

message 27: by Ally (new)

Ally Guay (allyguay) | 116 comments hi!! checking in:)

message 28: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 81 comments Hey! We're all here, that's a good start to our challenge!

message 29: by Lucy (last edited Jan 29, 2017 03:56AM) (new)

Lucy | 81 comments I've got a few more books I can read this month of anyone wants to buddy :)
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett (Night Owls in the U.K.). Paperweight by Meg Haston

message 30: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83324 comments Mod
Adding Kate to your team ☺

message 31: by Blake (new)

Blake Farron Hey guys, coming to check in ^.^

message 32: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Yay! Hello!

message 33: by Blake (new)

Blake Farron I don't know if I'll be much help to the group because I never have too much time to read, but I'll try!
I'm already waiting for someone to get back to me about a date for a buddy read of The Sin Eater’s Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1) by Melinda Salisbury and I'm planning to at least read Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard Vicious (Vicious, #1) by V.E. Schwab . If I feel like it then The Muse by Jessie Burton The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon but The Wish Granter (Ravenspire, #2) by C.J. Redwine A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab come out in February so they'll take precedence if I manage to get copies. If I get my hands on Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo I'll try to hop in on the buddy read :) (also I'm wondering if 'The' counts as starting with T, because I've got a lot of books that start with 'The'!!)

message 34: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) | 13 comments I'm open to buddy reading Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

message 35: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments I am also BR Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo ! I am so excited to start this month's challenge :)

message 36: by Blake (new)

Blake Farron Now I really need to get myself a copy, I can't be the only one left out now :)

message 37: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 81 comments Welcome! :)

message 38: by Kaycee (new)

Kaycee B. (kayceelb) | 28 comments Do you guys know if this book will count towards the challenge? I'm not sure if its contemporary or not Kindness for Weakness by Shawn Goodman

message 39: by Kaycee (new)

Kaycee B. (kayceelb) | 28 comments I'm reading Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard right now, but I'll probsbly be done with it before the 1st

message 40: by Anna (new)

Anna Fodor (anneemf) | 42 comments I want to read all these books, but I live in Hungary and we have to wait a long time for a translation and it's almost impossible to buy books in English :(( ofc I could order from Amazon but the shipping is more than the book

message 41: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) | 13 comments Anna wrote: "I want to read all these books, but I live in Hungary and we have to wait a long time for a translation and it's almost impossible to buy books in English :(( ofc I could order from Amazon but the ..."

The waiting is the worst. I can only imagine. What do you plan on reading?

message 42: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 63 comments does anyone want to buddy read? This Is What Happy Looks Like (This is What Happy Looks Like, #1) by Jennifer E. Smith

message 43: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Sadly, I will be switching to a Medium team :(

I am sorry to be leaving you guys!

message 44: by Anna (new)

Anna Fodor (anneemf) | 42 comments Mandy wrote: "Anna wrote: "I want to read all these books, but I live in Hungary and we have to wait a long time for a translation and it's almost impossible to buy books in English :(( ofc I could order from Am..."

I'm currently reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin .
I'm planning on reading Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas , Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2) by Robin LaFevers , A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas and The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski .

But can you explain me how buddy reads exactly work? :)

message 45: by Blake (new)

Blake Farron Anna wrote: "Mandy wrote: "Anna wrote: "I want to read all these books, but I live in Hungary and we have to wait a long time for a translation and it's almost impossible to buy books in English :(( ofc I could..."

If you go to the specific threads and you'll find the ones about buddy reads. Find a buddy to read a book with on a certain date. If that book already has a buddy read thread ask the admins to restart it, if it doesn't create a new thread, then when the day comes use that thread to discuss the book :)

On a side note: how should I alert the group I've read a book for the challenge? I was up all night reading a book and have already finished it ^.^

message 46: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) | 13 comments Kate wrote: "Anna wrote: "Mandy wrote: "Anna wrote: "I want to read all these books, but I live in Hungary and we have to wait a long time for a translation and it's almost impossible to buy books in English :(..."

I assumed for Buddy reads for this challenge we would keep it to this chat. Do we need to make a thread if we decide to buddy read?

I think we have a separate thread in the list for reviews.

message 47: by Anna (new)

Anna Fodor (anneemf) | 42 comments Ohhh okay :) so here we decide we want to do a buddy and we create a chat?

Yeah there's a team rosie review group and there you post it following the format:)

message 48: by Anna (new)

Anna Fodor (anneemf) | 42 comments *following the format
Srry I can't edit my comment on the app

message 49: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) | 13 comments Right. I think for it to count we have to buddy read with another person on the team.

message 50: by Blake (new)

Blake Farron I thought the buddy read meant it had to be within the good reads group as a whole? No idea

« previous 1