What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > boy loves baseball cards, goes to mall alone and meets nice strange man who kidnaps him

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bchavez56 (new)

Bchavez56 | 2 comments I read the book in 2007-2008. I believe it was towards young adults maybe even teens (I read it in my senior English class) it's about a boy who I believe parent are sperated. He's really into baseball cards. There's some cards he really wants and his mom promises to take him to the mall to buy them. He becomes impatient waiting for his mom to take him so he goes to the mall by himself. He meets a strange man who is friendly to him and also appears to have an interest in baseball cards. The man convinces the little boy to go with him and he kidnaps the little boy. The man takes the little boy back to his apartment or maybe a hotel I don't remember. That's all I can remember about the book. Oh I believe the little boy has a brother but I'm not positive. Please if you know any books that's sound familiar, let me know.

message 2: by Bchavez56 (new)

Bchavez56 | 2 comments Actually I think he wants to trade his baseball cards.

message 3: by Bunnycore (last edited Jan 24, 2017 03:07PM) (new)

Bunnycore Off the Face of the Earth by Aljean Harmetz

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37757 comments Mod
Bchavez56, please add some genre and plot details to your header. This helps anyone searching for your book on your behalf, plus anyone looking for the same book in the future. If you are unable, a mod can do it for you.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37757 comments Mod
Bchavez56, was your book "Off the Face of the Earth" or are you still looking?