Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Cover available through Amazon

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike Klaassen | 9 comments The Frog Prince was recently released but Goodreads still shows a "generic" cover. The correct cover is on Amazon under ASIN: BO1MRXWKB9
Could you post the real cover to Goodreads? Thanks

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Jan 24, 2017 01:34PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Added paperback cover. Is the edition with ISBN13: 9781483586366 a kindle or a different ebook? (Kindles use ASINs)

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike Klaassen | 9 comments Also available as Kindle, ASIN BONMRXWKB9
Thank you for your help.

message 4: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Added the kindle. The other ebook is not on Amazon, so I can't take the cover from there.

message 5: by Mike (new)

Mike Klaassen | 9 comments Sorry about any confusion. Not sure I'm following. On Amazon, The Frog Prince paperback edition's ISBN is 9781483586359. On Amazon, The Frog Prince kindle edition's ASIN is B01MRXWKB9. When I go to the Goodreads book page for The Frog Prince, I see a generic green cover. I'm not sure which Amazon cover you display on the Goodreads book page. Can you make the Goodreads book page display look like the real book cover? Thank you for your help.

message 6: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments I can't, but as author you can. Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

Is there another ebook besides the kindle? One with the ISBN 9781483586366?

message 7: by Mike (new)

Mike Klaassen | 9 comments I gave that a try, but it didn't immediately upload. I'll give it some time. Thanks.
A-ha! 9781483586366 is the Nook ebook edition. Sorry about that.

message 8: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Glad that's cleared up, and it looks like your cover is now showing on your page. :-)

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42415 comments Mod
Mike wrote: "A-ha! 9781483586366 is the Nook ebook edition. Sorry about that."

It may be distributed via B&N, but on Goodreads the only ebooks we mark as Nook editions are those with BNIDs, which start with 294. Ebooks with standard ISBNs can be carried by multiple sites, not just B&N. Edited format of this one to ebook.

message 10: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Thanks rivka; someday ebooks will all be clear to me. :-)

message 11: by Mike (new)

Mike Klaassen | 9 comments Thank you all!