Catholic Lifetime Reading List discussion

Confessions
This topic is about Confessions
Confessions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley | 92 comments Mod
Hi everyone!
I changed my mind about the order I'm reading the books this year. For next month (February), my goal is to read Confessions by St. Augustine. I'll start a thread for that in case anyone wants to join me in discussion.

There's another book that I plan to read in March after I (hopefully) finish Confessions. It's called "I Burned For Your Peace" by Peter Kreeft. It disects the Confessions. It's a newer book and unfortunately my library was unable to get it for me so I'm just going to buy it. I'll post it on here when it gets closer to March, although I won't make it an "offical" read for this group because it's not on the "lifetime" list.

Happy reading!

Ashley | 92 comments Mod
I just finished "I Burned for Your Peace" by Peter Kreeft. It REALLY helped me understand Confessions. I found it easy to read (which, to be honest, I was a little nervous about because reading Confessions was difficult for me). It sort of makes me want to read Confessions again, because I have a different perspective on it now.

If you are time crunched and can't get through the whole book, I HIGHLY reccommend the last chapter. What an eye opener!! Seriously, Kreeft fits so much great information in such a short amount of pages. And the last paragraph blew my mind. So if you are in a REALLY big hurry, just read the last paragraph of the book. :-)

Susan | 7 comments Ashley wrote: "I just finished "I Burned for Your Peace" by Peter Kreeft. It REALLY helped me understand Confessions. I found it easy to read (which, to be honest, I was a little nervous about because reading Con..."

Thanks for the tip!! :)

Ashley | 92 comments Mod
Susan wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I just finished "I Burned for Your Peace" by Peter Kreeft. It REALLY helped me understand Confessions. I found it easy to read (which, to be honest, I was a little nervous about beca..."

No problem!