YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Sweetie (F) Chat

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsty (last edited Feb 05, 2017 01:55AM) (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments Melanie ✓
Suzanne ✓
Rebecca ✓
Kirsty ✓
Shanice ✓
Harley ✓
Drishti ✓
Michela ✓
Maria ✓
Sam ✓

Please check in before the challenge starts :)

Link to the review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments Categories:
- A couple on the cover
- Flowers on the cover
- Envelope or greetings card on the cover
- Food on the cover
- A ring or jewellery on the cover
- A candle on the cover
- Hearts on the cover
- A red cover
- A romance novel
- A book first published in February
- "Date" in the title
- "Love" in the title
- "Secret" in the title
- "Cupid" in the title
- "Kiss" In the title
- Book with an average rating of 4 or more
- Title starting with V, A, L, E, N, T, or I
- Book from this list - https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

*100 - 199 pages = 1 point
*200 - 299 pages = 2 points
*300 - 399 pages = 3 points
*400 - 499 pages = 4 points
*500 - 599 pages = 5 points
*600+ pages = 6 points
(maximum of 6 points per book)
*Buddy reads DOUBLE your points score, so a 300 page book + buddy read = 6 points. 600 page book + buddy read = 12 points. (Bonus points for buddy reads will only be given if the buddy read has taken place in our group.)

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments Hey everyone! Excited to play.

My first reads of the month will probably be: The Wonder of You (Christiansen Family, #5) by Susan May Warren You're the One that I Want (Christiansen Family, #6) by Susan May Warren

message 4: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments I'm not sure what I'll be reading. I know I want to get to The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins and The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1) by Evelyn Skye as there are buddy reads for those. I also plan on reading Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen as I am trying to read a classic every month.

message 5: by Dashami (new)

Dashami (sdpriester) | 32 comments Present!

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments checking in. I'm currently in south Africa on holiday so will probably only post my reviews on the review page

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 25, 2017 03:46AM) (new)

I am checking in. Probably going to start with Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate

message 8: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 1090 comments Hi team! Checking in! :)

message 9: by Harley (new)

Harley | 183 comments Hi everyone! I am checking it!!

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments Kirsty wrote: "I'm not sure what I'll be reading. I know I want to get to The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins and The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1) by Evelyn Skye as there are buddy reads for those. I also plan on re..."

Awesome goal of trying to read a classic every month. I'm trying to finish at least one nonfiction every month this year.

message 11: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments @Melanie: Thank you, I need to read more non-fiction as I hardly ever reach for that genre.

message 12: by Maria (new)

Maria (runningkicksbutt) | 18 comments Hi Everyone, Checking in & excited to get started.

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments I'm getting ready to start! Just trying to finish my last book for January. :))

message 14: by Sam (new)

Sam | 1 comments Hey, I'm checking in & i will be starting with Red Rising

message 15: by Michela (new)

Michela Searson | 214 comments Hey guys. Sorry for being so late. I'm checking in. Just finished exams at school

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments Finally finished my first book for the month. O.o

message 17: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments I finished a second book today -- I'm so happy about that! :))

message 18: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments The scoreboard is so close! O.o

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! Did you read the books you wanted to read?

message 20: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments Suzanne wrote: "I know! Did you read the books you wanted to read?"

I didn't read as much as I wanted, but I am so happy that I seem to be over my reading slump. :)) I've been able to read more lately. Hoping to finish another book today.

message 21: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments Finished my last book. :)

message 22: by Maria (new)

Maria (runningkicksbutt) | 18 comments Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the motivation/inspiration to read. I felt I was in a slump for January but was able to pull some books off for February thanks to this challenge and the group. Looking forward to the March Challenge.