UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Amazon launches GBP 20 000 KDP prize

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jan (new)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson (janhurst-nicholson) | 360 comments http://www.thebookseller.com/news/ama...

Anyone going to enter this comp?

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments If anyone does, I would suggest they read the comments on K-boards first.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments I saw this bit in the terms and conditions, "First Round. From 20th May 2017 through 1st June 2017, each Book will be rated based on the commercial viability of the Book (including, without limitation, with regards to the Book’s sales, borrows and customer feedback),"

This links up with something I saw in the paper which said that basically the judges will take those with the best reveiws and sales figures and use them as the way of shortlisting.
So frankly unless you're an author who can get 50 reviews in the first six months, and your sales figures stay better than 10,000 for that entire period, forget it.

message 4: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments So nothing to do with the quality of writing or being a good story then. Since I haven't managed 50 reviews ever, I won't bother.

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1707 comments Just tell them the one I gave you, Tim, is worth 50.

message 6: by R.M.F. (new)

R.M.F. Brown | 4128 comments Tim wrote: "So nothing to do with the quality of writing or being a good story then. Since I haven't managed 50 reviews ever, I won't bother."

Getting 5 reviews is the promised land for me, never mind 50! :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Elizabeth wrote: "If anyone does, I would suggest they read the comments on K-boards first."

Have you got a link to comments please, Elizabeth? I don't use k-boards.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "If anyone does, I would suggest they read the comments on K-boards first."

Have you got a link to comments please, Elizabeth? I don't use k-boards."

https://www.kboards.com/index.php/top... for conversation thread