dateDown arrow    newest »

Bang Bang Books This year's winners and honors:
WINNER- March 3
HONORS:
-The Passion of Dolssa
-Scythe
-Asking For It
-The Sun is Also a Star

Are there any surprises or snubs? What do you think?

message 2: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Friebel (jenna_friebel) | 86 comments I was hoping to see some love for Burn Baby Burn and The Lie Tree, but I think they made good choices. I haven't yet read Scythe or Asking For It (this was the biggest surprise for me.. I heard of it but it wasn't on my Printz radar at all), but I really liked the other 3 choices.

message 3: by Alexa (new)

Alexa L (hersheygirl68) | 6 comments I really enjoyed Scythe. It was really well done and gripping. I was shocked about Asking for It as well because I had never heard of it!I was really hoping someone would recognize Female of the Species-Mindy McGinnis and The Memory Book-Lara Avery.

message 4: by Robyn (last edited Jan 24, 2017 10:50AM) (new)

Robyn (robyn_bravi) I hadn't even heard of Asking For It. The Passion of Dolssa and Scythe are great books and I'm glad they won honors. I also loved March: Book Three, but since it received the NBA I didn't think it would get the Printz let alone 3 other awards. Wow!

message 5: by Maureen (new)

Maureen (mhsquier) | 79 comments I was thrilled March Book 3 won! I love that trilogy and booktalk it to students whenever I have a chance!

I have to read Scythe, and hadn't heard of Asking For It, but I think the other two honor books are deserving choices.

Overall a great year for YA literature!

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina Dalton (vulcangirl) I adored Scythe and was quite happy to see it win an honor. I'm proud to report that we bought "Asking For It" months ago, per a request from our Teen Advisory Board. I did give it a cursory try myself, but as it didn't grab me right off, I didn't read it.

message 7: by Tara (new)

Tara (tjwill) | 6 comments I absolutely loved March: Book 3, so I'm glad it won. I just finished The Sun Is Also a Star, and it deserves the honor as well. I've been wanting to read Scythe for a while. I really wish Salt to the Sea had received an honor.