Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Middle-grade Mystery novel around 25,000 words

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana Rongione (danarongione) | 3 comments I need 100 “ultra-dedicated” people who are willing to be beta readers and to help share the release of my next book, I Once Was Lost: A Delaware Detectives Mystery, with their friends, family members, and social platforms. Would you be willing to help? Offer valuable feedback, get a free copy of the book, win prizes and more. Find out more information at http://ddmystery4.weebly.com. Thank you in advance!

Roughseasinthemed | 263 comments 100 beta readers is vastly excessive.
Indeed I would hope you do offer a free copy of your book.
Feedback on cover design and book description? Gee. Thanks. All of these benefit the author and not the participant.
And publicity too? Nice one.

message 3: by Dana (new)

Dana Rongione (danarongione) | 3 comments Roughseasinthemed wrote: "100 beta readers is vastly excessive.
Indeed I would hope you do offer a free copy of your book.
Feedback on cover design and book description? Gee. Thanks. All of these benefit the author and not..."

I am following the advice and example of best-selling authors to build my launch team. By asking for 100 participants, I may get half. Of those half, typically only a third follow through. This is a system that has been tested and author-approved. I'm sorry you're not "impressed." You are, by no means, required to participate.

message 4: by Cimone (last edited Jan 25, 2017 12:50PM) (new)

Cimone Watson | 93 comments The website mentions a club on facebook. What are the benefits of the club?

I like that you are making a book launch strategy. However, I think that for such an important task, it might benefit you to offer a better incentive. I don't mean money. Think of what readers might want. For example, you can offer to pick a reader whose name gets to be the name of a town (Cimoneville, Delaware or something of the sort). Of course, this is just my thinking. Grain of salt, and all that. ;)