Our Shared Shelf discussion

JAN/FEB-Vagina Monologues (2017) > V-Day Performances

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo Rocca | 17 comments Since we are reading this book around Valentine's Day, I was wondering if anyone was going to see the live performance of this play somewhere nearby. If so, leave your thoughts and comments!

message 2: by Ross (new)

Ross | 1444 comments Possible showing suggested by friend but it is in April. Might see if there is something sooner given we will be on another book by then but still it is our back up option.

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.u...

message 3: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Dagny-Heath It's being performed at First Avenue in Minneapolis Mn on February 28th. Tickets are $10 and proceeds go to Planned Parenthood and Women of Nations. I'm definitely going. If anybody's looking for a friend to go with, let me know :)

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Olson | 3 comments I will be performing in a production in Hammond, IN(near Chicago) on February 25 and 26.
Performance will be at Beatniks on Conkey.

message 5: by Marina (new)

Marina | 1 comments Check your local universities for shows around Valentine's day. I was in a production of it in undergrad. I did a couple vagina facts (clitoris and FGM).

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

There is an event being put on by Loras College in my area. Proceeds go to Riverview Center, which is our sexual and domestic violence aid. I'm very excited to attend it. It's not until the 26th of this month, but I am considering checking out the DVD of Eve performing it as well. I don't think reading it does the monologues justice and that they should be performed.

message 7: by Griselda (new)

Griselda (graygal) I know LA is running a schedule that started Feb 11th. I will be attending Feb 18th.

message 8: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (yellohmaple) | 4 comments I am headed to the event in Glasgow!

You can find a list of the global events here: http://vspot.vday.org/vday/events

message 9: by MeerderWörter (new)

MeerderWörter | 2388 comments MMRP (A Memory, A Monologue, a Rant and a Prayer) is actually performed in Vienna, Austria at February 24th, 6pm (GMT-1) at the Webster University.
But I won't go there.

message 10: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (maywereadagain) | 2 comments I went to the UC Berkeley performance on February 10th, and it was performed 3 times. I went largely to support my hallmate and friend, who performed an amazing rendition of "My Angry Vagina." There were a few original monologues in the performance, including one trans man coming out to his mother, who was in the audience. It was an overall emotional, wonderful and liberating experience!
In acknowledgement of the play's exclusivity, they are also holding a screening and panel of Beautiful Daughters, a documentary following the first all-trans women cast of The Vagina Monologues.

message 11: by Manoela (new)

Manoela D Gomes | 1 comments does anybody know if any of that presentations were held in Brazil?

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 2 comments I went to an event at CSU Chico. It was an amazing event featuring over 20 individuals. I loved the diversity of the cast and overall it was beautiful and empowering.

message 13: by Anna Louise (new)

Anna Louise Kallas | 13 comments It is being performed at Meredith College in Raleigh, North Carolina on April 21 and 22, 2017.

message 14: by Makena (new)

Makena Hulme | 2 comments I got to be in a showing of the Vagina Monologues at my junior college and it was such an incredible experience. Reading the book with you all really helped me expand my character.