Francophiles discussion

11 views
Authors - Promos and Discussions > BonjourParis article on Miracle at Midlife: A Transatlantic Romance

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roni Beth (new)

Roni Beth Tower (ronibeth) | 5 comments I was delighted when BonjourParis published the essay about my first three trips to Paris - as a sixteen year old with her dad in 1960, as a college student in 1963, and on the 1996 trip that began my love story, as a 52-year old empty-nested clinical and research psychologist living in Connecticut. https://bonjourparis.com/memoirs/pari...


message 2: by K.S.R. (new)

K.S.R. Burns | 54 comments What a wonderful article! I was mesmerized throughout. Congratulations on your memoir, Roni Beth. I will check it out.
Karen


message 3: by Roni Beth (new)

Roni Beth Tower (ronibeth) | 5 comments K.S.R. wrote: "What a wonderful article! I was mesmerized throughout. Congratulations on your memoir, Roni Beth. I will check it out.
Karen"


Thank you, Karen. I hope you enjoy the book. My love affair with Paris runs throughout it.


message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 92 comments Roni Beth, I read the article, enjoyed it, and bought your memoir which I'm reading now. Very nice work!!


message 5: by Roni Beth (new)

Roni Beth Tower (ronibeth) | 5 comments Leslie wrote: "Roni Beth, I read the article, enjoyed it, and bought your memoir which I'm reading now. Very nice work!!"

Thank you, Leslie! I hope you find it walks you through the streets and along the river.... All Best, Roni Beth


message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 92 comments Roni Beth, it certainly does, although not being a city person I much prefer the South of France, and that's where I go now when I travel. It was interesting to see Paris through your eyes, though!


message 7: by Roni Beth (new)

Roni Beth Tower (ronibeth) | 5 comments Leslie wrote: "Roni Beth, it certainly does, although not being a city person I much prefer the South of France, and that's where I go now when I travel. It was interesting to see Paris through your eyes, though!"

If you prefer the country, I hope you like the visits to Normandy and to Burgundy that are in the book! We are (hopefully) returning to the south in the fall.)


message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 92 comments I've never been to those sections. I have friends in the Dordogne and in the Aude, so that's where I spend my time. I've heard that Normandy and Burgundy are beautiful, though!


message 9: by Roni Beth (new)

Roni Beth Tower (ronibeth) | 5 comments They are - but I actually love the Dordogne best! It's mystical.


message 10: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 92 comments I love it, too. I've visited Lascaux and Sarlat and painted a man doing gavage there, but the Aude was where we first landed in France so it has a special place in my heart!


back to top