Play Book Tag discussion

And Then There Were None
This topic is about And Then There Were None
January 2017: Bonus Admin Tags > And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie - 4 stars (psychological thriller)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 783 comments Agatha Christie's book, And Then There Were None, still remains suspenseful decades after it was written. Ten people are invited to an island. They have little information on their host or about each other, but they all have something questionable in their past. One by one they are murdered. With no one else on the island, the mystery heightens. How is this possible and who did it? The writer does not include extra details or modern day flare, but I still wanted to know how it happened and did not guess the ending.

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments I love this book. I've also seen the play and loved it as well. Did you know the endings are different? I was quite surprised when I read the book after I had just watched the play. I daresay that I like the play ending better, lol, but the book is still awesome.

I also loved the recent miniseries with Aidan Turner. It was a lot of fun and gave me my Aidan Turner fix while I was waiting for season 2 of Poldark to come on.

Kelly | 783 comments Jenni Elyse wrote: "I love this book. I've also seen the play and loved it as well. Did you know the endings are different? I was quite surprised when I read the book after I had just watched the play. I daresay that ..."

I did not know that! How does the play end?

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Kelly wrote: "I did not know that! How does the play end?"

This is going to be in a huge spoiler tag just in case someone else reads this thread. (view spoiler)

Kelly | 783 comments Jenni Elyse wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I did not know that! How does the play end?"

This is going to be in a huge spoiler tag just in case someone else reads this thread. [spoilers removed]"

Thanks!

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5645 comments Oh ... that IS a different ending ....

message 7: by Jenni Elyse (last edited Jan 25, 2017 12:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Kelly wrote: "Thanks!"

No problem.

Book Concierge wrote: "Oh ... that IS a different ending ...."

Right?! I had read the book many many years before I saw the play, so I didn't even register the difference until I reread the book again about a year after I saw the play. I was so surprised, lol.

This is what Wikipedia says about the play. (view spoiler)