Play Book Tag discussion

Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mount Everest Disaster
This topic is about Into Thin Air
January 2017: Bonus Admin Tags > Into Thin Air - John Krakauer - 4 stars (Everest)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 802 comments In the book Into Thin Air the author, Jon Krakauer, tells about the his expedition to climb Mount Everest. The mountain is unforgiving and personal errors could lead to death; however so can the weather, altitude and the mountain conditions. There are weeks of training to acclimate a climber and guides expertise is of utmost importance. Not everyone is able to make it to the top and those must turn around. On Krakauer's trip a storm comes in with grave consequences to the climbers and not everyone survives.

The author is personally affected by these events and tells the history of Everest and of his climb. He is very detailed and there are a lot of people associated with the expedition. His writing style keeps the reader interested and the questioning of his own actions adds to the book.

Anita Pomerantz | 6431 comments Glad you liked this one, Kelly! It's one of my favorites, but I love a lot of books about outdoor adventures . . .

message 3: by annapi (new) - added it

annapi | 4969 comments Now you should read Touching My Father's Soul to get the sherpa's point of view!

Kelly | 802 comments annapi wrote: "Now you should read Touching My Father's Soul to get the sherpa's point of view!"

That is interesting! Thanks!

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5798 comments LA la la la ..... avoiding reading review because I'm on disc 3 .... Krakauer narrates himself and I feel that adds to the experience.