Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > Bookish Buddy

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.P. (last edited Feb 04, 2017 09:44AM) (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Bookish Buddy
After hosting our first Christmas Gift Exchange here in the group, we wanted to find out what the interest in a Bookish Buddy would be. This would be a pair of people who exchange a few things (not all of them have to be bookish) over the entire year, rather than just at a specific holiday. So read the information and signup if you’re interested!

Here’s How it Would Work
*After people sign up I will take the list and assign buddies. (Anyone who signs up later will be assigned a buddy at that point.)
*Once you have received your buddy assignment you should message that person the following information: Email and physical address, a list of interests (this should include the types of books you like, hobbies, things you collect, etc). You should also include a “wish list” if you have one for books either on a goodreads shelf or a book depository page. Including your birthday would be a good idea, that way your buddy can send you something around that time.
*Each buddy should send something to their buddy three or four times throughout the year. (This could be at their birthday, Christmas, other holidays, or randomly)
*The person you send something to will be the person who sends to you, in order to make communication easier.
*You must be 18 years old or have a parent’s permission to participate.
*Ideally, buddies will be located in the same country to make shipping easier.
Please post any additional rules you think we should add in the comments.

Participants
Courtney (C P)--US
Jamie--US
Lisa--US
Courtney--US
Colleen--US
Kaylin--US
Victoria--(NZ)
Skylar--
Katherine--US
Amber--US
Allie--US
Elizabeth--US

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments :D

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in. :D

message 5: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yay!

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Judy (courtneyjudy) In!

message 7: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments :D

message 8: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I will include this thread in the message that goes out this week and include a date that people should be signed up by in order to be assigned a buddy in the initial assignments.

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments I'm in New Zealand, so if anyone in NZ or Australia signs up I'd be happy to do it, otherwise I won't be able to because of shipping costs! :)

message 10: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Victoria, book depository ships to you right? It would limit what you were able to send to each other, but you and a buddy could use places like that send gifts and maybe do emailed cards or something for holidays. There are options. :)

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments I'm in sounds like fun! :)

message 12: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Wonderful!

message 13: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) I'm in as well! :)

message 14: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Excellent!

message 15: by Skylar (new)

Skylar (skuil) | 5 comments Mind if I join? ^.^

message 16: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments Victoria wrote: "I'm in New Zealand, so if anyone in NZ or Australia signs up I'd be happy to do it, otherwise I won't be able to because of shipping costs! :)"

Oh yeah, I didn't think of that! Good idea :)

message 17: by C.P. (last edited Jan 26, 2017 12:56PM) (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Of course you can! Are you in the US? Just trying to keep track for buddy assignments. :)

This was for Skylar, by the way. Not sure why it didn't post when it should have.

message 18: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Victoria wrote: "Victoria wrote: "I'm in New Zealand, so if anyone in NZ or Australia signs up I'd be happy to do it, otherwise I won't be able to because of shipping costs! :)"

Oh yeah, I didn't think of that! Go..."

:)

message 19: by Allie (new)

Allie | 93 comments Hey I might be interested in this! Considering it.

message 20: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Excellent! Just let me know and I can add you to the list. :)

message 21: by Katherine (last edited Jan 26, 2017 06:56PM) (new)

Katherine C (estrellas) Hey! I'd definitely love to participate in this. I live in the US by the way. I'm new to good reads and this seems like a good way to get to know people. Sign me up :)

message 22: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Will do!

message 23: by Amber (new)

Amber Cotton (rosellasweet) | 7 comments This sounds great! Sign me up, please.

message 24: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Will do! Are you in the US?

message 25: by Amber (new)

Amber Cotton (rosellasweet) | 7 comments C P wrote: "Will do! Are you in the US?"

Oops, sorry. Indeed I am!

message 26: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments No problem. I never specifically said to state that, I just want to keep track so making assignments is easier. :)

message 27: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Sent somwhere else...?

message 28: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Do you read ebooks? Your buddy could send you ebook presents through amazon or something.

message 29: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Ok. I will put you on the list. I'm sure something can be worked out.

message 30: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Buddy Assignments!
Everyone should message with each other exchanging addresses/likes/dislikes/wishlists, etc. If anyone needs to drop out of having a buddy, just let me know and things can be rearranged.

Jamie and Colleen

Lisa and Kaylin

Courtney and Katherine

Victoria and Elizabeth

Skylar and Amber

C P and Allie

message 31: by Allie (new)

Allie | 93 comments Awesome!

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments This is going to be fun!

Looking forward to it Jamie! :)

message 33: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Judy (courtneyjudy) yippee!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

:D it is going to be so cool to get to know a new friend!

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Colleen wrote: "This is going to be fun!

Looking forward to it Jamie! :)"

Awesome.

message 36: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Glad you're all excited!

message 37: by Kaylin (last edited Feb 13, 2017 01:51PM) (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) I got a package from my Buddy today! :)

description

Thanks, Lisa!! :D

message 38: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I need to get something sent! That looks like a great package Kaylin and Lisa!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Kaylin wrote: "I got a package from my Buddy today! :)

Thanks, Lisa!! :D"

You're welcome! Enjoy!

~Book Reviews by Trish~ (bookreviewsbytrish) I would like to join this if it isn't too late?

message 41: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Munoz (celesteandherbooks) This sounds fun. We doing it again next year? If so I'd love to join.

message 42: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments We will probably set up a thread for people to give feedback on how it's gone. Assuming people like it, we can definitely organize another one. :)

message 43: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments No problem. :)