Suffolk bookclub discussion

The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins | Summary & Analysis
archives > The girl on a train - Paula Hawkins - August

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (last edited Jan 24, 2017 12:13AM) (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 707 comments Mod
Looking forward to this one. The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Nearly finished with this one. It's going to be a marmite story. You either love or hate it but I do love it. Nothing much happening but it does pull you into the story. Think I know what's happened at about half way but we see.

message 3: by Jon (new)

Jon Would it be naughty to watch the film first, and then read it later? My wife wants to watch it. Feels like the cheating some did at school to avoid reading the class book

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

I think as books are better sometimes is best to the film first to stop disappointment. Divergent and silver linings were completely different from the books.

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

I guessed the ending at about half way but still good even if it reminded me of my marriage at times.

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Quarrell | 261 comments Most books are better than the film. Although some films have done well. I love the film version of Room with a view. I have seen the film of this, it wasn't what I was expecting.

message 7: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Quarrell | 261 comments It did keep my interest though. Disturbing in parts.

message 8: by Kathryn (new)

Yep thought Coralline was better as a film. More in the story so always an exception.

message 9: by Jon (new)

Jon I read this and watched the film, but not sure which I preferred. I liked the plot but was expecting more given all the publicity

message 10: by Kathryn (new)

Not seen the film yet but thought the book was good but didn't give me chills like I would expect from a suspense novel.