F O U R | a roleplay discussion

19 views
Characters > Ghost Creation

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Name:
Apparent Age:
(age at death)
Actual Age:
Appearance:
Description:
Reason for Not Moving On:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:



message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

shad ♔ [ شهديا ] wrote: "━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━M O O N   T A E I L━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━died twenty-six. actually twenty-six.━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━i believe i will wait for you━━━
Taeil has never been a particular..."


Approved.



message 3: by kaya (new)

kaya (ananats) | 36 comments
A S H L E Y   H E N D E R S O N

was nineteen ; would be ninety-three
dead for seventy-four years

• brave ; selfless ; kind
anxious ; naïve ; clumsy •

stayed to see the world
become a better place
to make things better,
look out for people who
need looking out for
tyler young ;
dark brown hair
brown eyes
6 ft.

Ash is, for all his reasonableness and niceness, awfully prone to slapping people, especially when they say "but isn't Ashley a girl's name?"

if the person named ashley is a girl, then yes.
if, god forbid, they are not, then no

As you can probably tell, he's had to put up with those sorts of questions quite a lot. Especially from other ghosts, since living humans are too busy freaking out about the fact that there's a dead person talking to them. And the ghosts don't seem to understand that just because they fought and died for America too doesn't mean Ash wants anything to do with them.
But nice, patient, selfless Ashley, he's not going to tell a senile old patriot to shut the hell up is he? even though he'd love to.

Once upon a time, Ash was a reasonably happy teenager in 1940s America. Aside from the war, there was nothing bad, and the war hadn't reached their small town yet.
Then along came his eighteenth birthday, and he was conscripted. Sent overseas to fight the Japanese in the rainforests of South-East Asia, where malaria was almost as big a threat ( except malaria didn't have guns and wouldn't shoot you ).
Cue the Guadalcanal Campaign. Six months of fighting the ( much more experienced ) Japanese in revolting tropical conditions ( which kind of summarised all the Pacific battles ). Two weeks before the end of the campaign, a week after his ( uncelebrated ) nineteenth birthday, Ash was shot in the back by a sniper. In the twenty-nine hours it took for him to die, he made an unkeepable promise to see the world become a better place, to stay with his friends until they died.
Little did he know that he would be able to keep that promise, until he came back as a ghost.
Seventy-four years of waiting for world peace and you get kind of attached to being around. But it also gets kind of boring, especially when all your friends died and went to heaven and never believed in ghosts.



message 4: by kaya (new)

kaya (ananats) | 36 comments
C A T H E R I N E   H A L L

was twenty-six ; would be thirty-nine
dead for thirteen years

• funny ; friendly ; pretty
grudge-holder ; petty ; vengeful •

stayed for revenge
stab him in the back
make him wish he'd
never been born
+ keep an eye on the kids
eliza taylor ;
blonde hair
blue eyes
5 ft. 7 in.

    Once upon a time, Cat wasn't a vengeful ghost. She was a perfectly nice, agreeable, friendly person. Then her husband killed her, and she decided it was much more fun to deprive him of sleep than to be nice. She is still a nice person who enjoys making people laugh, but only around the right people ( not her husband ). She's still overprotective of her precious children, even though they're teenagers, but her husband murdered her so God only knows what he'd do to the kids.

    Stubborn, champion grudge-holder, petty : all valid ways of describing Cat, with the unfortunate side-effect of being haunted. Unless you don't believe in ghosts, in which case she'll just steal your car keys ( *cough* petty *cough* ). But these traits aren't what got her killed, nor do they make her life ghosthood bad – it's just everyone around her that suffers.

    She met him in college, the pretty boy that every girl had a crush on. Guess it's lucky for them that she got him first. They dated for a year, then married. Two kids within two years, and then everything went wrong. They seemed happy enough, with children aged two and three and Cat working full time from home. But he loved someone else more than her, and when he brought her over 'as a friend', there was something about the way she looked at Cat.

    The next week, Cat was a ghost, and her body was found in the bathroom, where she had supposedly overdosed on painkillers. Which, she tried to explain to the one police officer who could see her, was completely ridiculous for two reasons: she wasn't even in pain so why would she have taken painkillers, and she could tell them for a fact that her husband had shoved the pills down her throat.

    And since the word of a ghost doesn't exactly count as evidence, Cat settled for tormenting her killer. In the last thirteen years, she's managed to convince his new wife that she should have filed for divorce the moment they were married, gotten him diagnosed with chronic insomnia, and stolen his car keys six hundred and seventy-six times ( once a week ).



message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

kaya wrote: "A S H L E Y   H E N D E R S O N
was nineteen ; would be ninety-three
dead for seventy-four years

• brave ; selfless ; kind
anxious ; naïve ; clumsy •

stayed to see the world
become a better plac..."


Approved.



message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

kaya wrote: "C A T H E R I N E   H A L L
was twenty-six ; would be thirty-nine
dead for thirteen years

• funny ; friendly ; pretty
grudge-holder ; petty ; vengeful •

stayed for revenge
stab him in the back
..."


Approved.
lmao the car keys



message 7: by kaya (new)

kaya (ananats) | 36 comments
J A M E S   P O T T E R

was twenty-eight ; would be thirty-one
dead for three years

• good liar ; funny ; likeable
mischievous ; insincere ; dead •

stayed for his girlfriend
because he needs to
apologise for not
mentioning the cancer
bob morley ;
dark brown hair
dark brown eyes
5 ft. 10 in.

    Ninety percent of people would describe James as an idiot. He is by no means stupid, it's just that he rarely actually uses his brain. He's used it about twice in the past six years: once to get a job and once to explain quantum physics to his girlfriend. Just... don't question why he was explaining quantum physics to his girlfriend, because you're unlikely to get a sensible answer ( from him, anyway ).

    James Potter was named after his great-grandfather, not the book character. His parents had no idea, when they named him, that twelve years later there would be a world-famous book character that shared his name. Unfortunately for every imbecile who has asked that question, James is not a particularly patient person, and the number of times he's responded acerbically with "do I look like a teenager?" has already reached the hundreds.

    Four years is the total length of time James has spent using his brain productively in his entire life. The last year of high school – the only thing worse than having to put in effort would be having to do the year again – and the first three years of university ( after which he realised he could get away with a pass conceded and still get a job ). Maybe it seems lazy, and maybe it is lazy, but he is was successful and had a pretty girlfriend, so he can't see where not using his brain was a problem for him. After all, it didn't give him cancer.

    The second-last time he went to the doctor, James was diagnosed with stage four leukaemia. He didn't have time to tell his girlfriend – or at least, that's the excuse he gave. He was sent to the hospital for chemotherapy, only to find out that it was ineffective. The last time he went to the doctor, he was told that he had a month to live. He never broke the news to his girlfriend, partially because he was worried she'd slap him and partially because, well, how do you say that you're going to die?
    Then he died and woke up as a ghost. Three years, and he still hasn't apologised – partially because he's not sure if she can see him or not.



message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

kaya wrote: "J A M E S   P O T T E R
was twenty-eight ; would be thirty-one
dead for three years

• good liar ; funny ; likeable
mischievous ; insincere ; dead •

stayed for his girlfriend
because he needs to
..."


Approved.



message 9: by kaya (last edited Jan 27, 2017 10:58PM) (new)

kaya (ananats) | 36 comments
J A M I L L A   C L A R K

was twenty-one ; would be twenty-one
dead for two months

• intelligent ; imaginative ; loyal
trusting ; over-confident ; illogical •

stayed to convince
her friends that ghosts
actually do exist
candice patton ;
dark brown hair
dark brown eyes
5 ft. 4 in.

    WHEN Jamilla says something, she means it. If she promises to do something, she will do it, even if it means coming back from the dead. So when she promised to prove her friends wrong... she made damn sure she was going to prove them wrong. Although the exact wording might have been different... and not mentioned ghosts... but ghosts fall under that category, so who cares?

    JAMILLA CLARK was the perfect college student, always on time, always handing in assignments weeks before they were due. Until she caught a glimpse of something out of the ordinary, something that made her think – what if she did see her sister's ghost that night? What if things out of the ordinary do exist?

    BUT all good things come to an end, the best things sooner than everything else. And Jamilla's life was certainly good, until it was brought to an abrupt end five minutes after she promised her friends that she would prove them wrong. She still doesn't remember exactly how it happened, but the next thing she knew, she was semi-transparent and intangible – a ghost.



message 10: by Ema (last edited Jan 30, 2017 08:39AM) (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) description
C A O L Á NdescriptionM Ó I R Í NdescriptionF L Y N N
Cay/Cae

O N E >> S T A T S >> did we all fall down

G H O S T species
T W E N T Y apparent age
O N EdescriptionH U N D R E DdescriptionS I X T E E N actual age
A U G U S TdescriptionF I R S T date of birth
A S E X U A L sexuality
M A L E gender
T OdescriptionH E L PdescriptionO T H E R S reason to stay

D E S E R TdescriptionS O N G song

description description

T W O >> P H Y S I C A L >> clouds move like a wraith

B R O W N hair
B R O W N eyes
6 ‘ 0 height
B E NdescriptionB A R N E S face claim

description

T H R E E >> P E R S O N A >> i can see you awake anytime in my head

H E L P F U L trait positive
F O R G E T F U L trait negative
S W E E T trait positive
V U L N E R A B L E trait negative

Honestly, all Caolán wants is to be helpful. Even when he was alive - wow, he never though he’d say that - he was the helpful, lend a helping hand type. To most, this was welcome. Too many people, both back then and now, simply didn’t - don’t - care enough to just help others. Even if they are begging. Even if it’ll only take a few minutes. So Caolán does his best to help as many people as he can, even if they can’t see him. Though, Caolán is also quite forgetful. Before, he would forget appointments, chores, where he placed things. Caolán was a disorganized mess. Now, though, the main thing he forgets is that he is, in fact, a ghost. He will expect to be able to do things he can’t now, only to be surprised when he can’t. He’s also forgotten how he died. Though he hasn’t bothered to find out through any of the means available now - he stopped caring somewhere around 1950. He would rather not know, anyway.

Caolán has been described, in recent years by a lady who could see him, as “sweet”. He supposes that’s a good enough word for his disposition: he rarely gets angry, he’s rather meek at times, and he hates hates hates bothering people. Sure, he’ll help them out without their knowledge, but unless they say something to him, he will pretend he doesn’t exist. So yes, sweet is probably a good word to describe Caolán. When he was alive, the word used was “soft”, which he never really liked. So this is much better, in his opinion. It shouldn’t come as a surprise at this point that Caolán is - and was - a rather vulnerable person. Say the wrong thing, and he will dissolve into tears - can ghosts cry? He’s been dead almost a hundred years and he still doesn’t know. It feels like crying - or just grow silent. Words have always hurt Caolán more than anything else. He’s sensitive, you could say, and takes everything people say about him to heart. He’s never been particularly confident, and still isn’t, beign forever unsure of himself.

description description

F O U R >> P A S T >> did you come to stare or wash away the blood?

U N childhood

Caolán Flynn is the second in a long line of children of the Flynn family. Luckily for him, he was born the second son. There are three children after him, all girls, all very close in age. The Flynn family was very loud and very energetic. Except for Caolán. He was always a quiet child, and prefered reading to running around with his brother. When Caolán was eight, the family moved to America, hoping for a better life there. For Caolán, it wasn’t that much different. His brother picked on him, his father nagged him to become more involved in running the family farm, and his mother doted upon him.

D U E X adolescence

Caolán succeeded in school, however, where his brother did not. He was patient, and quiet, and liked school. His teachers loved him. Other boys his age, however, didn’t so much. Caolán was teased for being so quiet and sensitive, which of course just made it all worse. Caolán drew even more into himself, more by necessity than any want to be secluded. He kept helping others, though, his kind nature showing through when his little sisters needed help with something, or his mother, or his father, or any stranger on the street, really. Maybe that was his downfall. Caolán got through school all right, and began to help his father with the farm, where they grew a couple crops and bred horses. He considered trying to go to college, but the family didn’t have the money to send him. So his life became boring. And then... Then there was no life. Caolán doesn’t remember what happened the day he died, and he doesn’t want to remember, but the truth is, he was trampled. There was a storm one night, and Caolán and his father had gone out to calm the horses, but they bolted, and Caolán was trapped. He had just turned twenty years old. Since then, well, Caolán’s had a tough time. It took him a while to realize that he was a ghost, that no one could see him, that yes, that was his body that they were putting in the ground. He’s used to it now, and in the last sixty years or so has reverted to helping people as a way to cope. He can’t let go; he feels like he’s done too little for others. He can’t bring himself to let it go.

D E I R D R EdescriptionF L Y N N mother, deceased
B A R R F I N DdescriptionF L Y N N father, deceased
B R O G A NdescriptionF L Y N N brother, deceased
D E L M AdescriptionF L Y N N sister, deceased
M O I R AdescriptionF L Y N N sister, deceased
R O S H E E NdescriptionF L Y N N sister, deceased


message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

kaya wrote: "J A M I L L A   C L A R K
was twenty-one ; would be twenty-one
dead for two months

• intelligent ; imaginative ; loyal
trusting ; over-confident ; illogical •

stayed to convince
her friends that..."


Approved.



message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Gee(Fiera) wrote: "C A O L Á NM Ó I R Í NF L Y N N
Cay/Cae

O N E >> S T A T S >> “did we all fall down”

G H O S T species
T W E N T Y apparent age
O N EH U N D R E DS I X T E E N actual age
A U G U S TF I R S T dat..."


Approved.



back to top