F O U R | a roleplay discussion

23 views
Characters > Human Creation

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Name:
Age:
Life:
(1-4)
Appearance:
Description:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:



message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

( c h r i s t i n ec h o i»aged twentysecond life )



Christine is just your average business student. Or, at least, she would be, if it weren't for these ghosts doing their best to fuck up her life. Yeah, she can see them. Yay. It must be some novel thing to ghosts, to find someone who can see them. Well, it's just dandy that Roger (died 1953 in a sledding accident) and Isabella (died 1837 of cholera) and Felix (died 1992 in a car accident because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and Susan remarried, can you believe that, Christie?) all are around to get their little ghost selves a higher education, but could they just shut the fuck up? She's here to learn about business calculus, not their life stories.

( + ) strengths
» pretty um, gorgeous
» brews a mean pot of coffee
» karaoke queen

( - ) weaknesses
» impatient as fuck
» superstitious (read: gullible) as fuck
» "talks like a delinquent" - her grandma (2015)

The people—or, more accurately, souls—she's met at college have given her a wealth of knowledge. Things like, Hey Christine, did you know that ghosts never have to take a shit? Hey Christine, did you know that ghosts can walk through people? Didn't that feel cool? Hey Christine, did you know that once ghosts realize you can see them they're never fucking going to shut up? It's hell. Actual hell. Is there such thing as past lives? Christine must've really fucking fucked up in her past one, because they're driving her fucking crazy. Once, when she was driving to Target, Suzanne from the second floor restroom showed up in her car screaming and Christine almost drove into a tree. A total stranger turned her last karaoke outing into a duet. The late past tenant of her apartment wakes her up with glass-shattering screaming if she hits the snooze button on her alarm in the morning.

Seriously. What did she do to deserve this?



message 3: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) description
J E S S A M I N EdescriptionA T H E N AdescriptionG R E E N E
Jess; Mina

O N E >> S T A T S >> i was overexposure

O N E current life
T W E N T Y - F O U R years old
J U N EdescriptionT E N T H date of birth
B I S E X U A L sexuality
F E M A L E gender
T E A C H E R occupation

S K I NdescriptionA N DdescriptionB O N E song

description description

T W O >> P H Y S I C A L >> so easy to speak

B L A C K hair
B R O W N eyes
5 ‘ 5 height
L U P I T AdescriptionN Y O N G ‘ O face claim

description

T H R E E >> P E R S O N A >> i need to feel you in my soul

F R I E N D L Y trait positive
S T R I C T trait negative
R E L A X E D trait positive
T E M P E R M E N T A L trait negative

Jess is one of the easiest people in the world to become friends with. She’s open and bright, almost always up for a conversation or meeting someone new. Jess is quick to laugh, quick to smile, and quick to make new friends. For the most part, Jess is very easy to get along with. However, this does not extend to the students she teaches. Jess is very strict in her classroom, not tolerating a toe out of line. She teaches middle schoolers, and though it’s only her first year, she’s found ways to get them to behave. Despite her strictness, Jess is typically well-liked by her students for her competence with her subject and willingness to explain in ways they can understand. So while Jess is strict, she isn’t disliked by her students. Though she’s not afraid to discipline them.

It can come as a surprise to some that Jess is a very relaxed person. She isn’t the worrying type, unless something dangerous is afoot, and when she does worry, she keeps it to herself. Jess can be described as “chill” and she lives up to it. To be completely honest, it’s a good thing she doesn’t believe in ghosts. Jess believes in what she knows to be true, not abstracts and what-ifs. It’s what keeps her calm, keeps her sane. However, though she is typically very relaxed, Jess does have an awful temper when crossed. Her temper can be described as short, which is surprising to most. Jess tries to keep a handle on it, though, but she doesn’t always succeed. She never lets this show around her students, however. She can’t afford to loose her job.

description description

F O U R >> P A S T >> we're too old to die young

U N childhood

Jessamine Athena Greene is the third of three children, born to a mother obsessed with mythology and an accountant. Jess was a surprise baby, born seven years after her elder sister Persephone. The Greene family was a loving environment, both parents caring for their children. Jess noticed at the age of six that her mother sometimes acted strangely, talking to things that weren’t there and staring into space a lot. She said she was talking to the ghosts. No one else believed her. When Jess was ten, her mother was put into a mental facility, given treatment for what was diagnosed as schizophrenia. Since then, Jessamine has had a hard time believing in anything that can’t be proven, from fairies to God.

D U E X adolescence

By the time Jess was eleven, she was the only child remaining in the house. Persephone had just graduated high school, and her brother Argo was finishing up college. So it was just Jess and her dad. They visited her mom often, though Jess never knew how to react when they did. Her mother just wouldn't stop talking about the ghosts, even with the medication she was on. No one ever though to doubt the diagnoses. Jess was fourteen when her mother died due to an issue with her medication that never got solved. Though Jess had always been closer to her father, she was brokenhearted nevertheless at the loss of her mother. She pushed through, however, enough to be moved up to calculous when everyone else her age was in algebra. Jess is no genius, but she’s good at math, much better than most people. The numbers make sense to her, the way they dance through equations and problems. Jess began taking college-level math classes in her junior year of high school, and when she graduated, she chose a school with a high-quality mathematics program. However, halfway through her freshman year, she changed her major to include education. She had discovered, through tutoring high schoolers, that she loved teaching.

T R O I S adulthood

There’s not much else to say about Jess’ college years, other than the fact that she met her current partner there. Jess met them when she was a senior, and they have been dating ever since. She managed to land her current job almost right after graduating, and she’s very pleased with her life at the moment.

L A Y L AdescriptionG R E E N E mother, deceased
J E T H R OdescriptionG R E E N E father
A R G OdescriptionG R E E N E brother, 36
P E R S E P H O N EdescriptionG R E E N E sister, 32
O P E N lover
O P E N friend


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Gee(Fiera) wrote: "J E S S A M I N EA T H E N AG R E E N E
Jess; Mina

O N E >> S T A T S >> “i was overexposure”

O N E current life
T W E N T Y - F O U R years old
J U N ET E N T H date of birth
B I S E X U A L sex..."


Approved.



message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

hwang hyeri ; age xxv , life iii

────── ♕ ──────


even if i’m born again


i can’t be with anyone but you.


Hyeri can. And isn't that reason enough to do anything? You're a smart girl, Hyeri, you can do it. You're not a child anymore, Hyeri, grow up and get over it. You're a good girl, Hyeri, you'll make us proud. It's true. She's smart. She can make it through medical school. She's an adult. She has to stop doubting her decisions and stressing over everything. She's a good daughter. She'll make her parents proud. They'll be proud of her, they will be, she knows, even if she's... miserable.


selfless + helpful + intelligent + generous
fearful - cautious - perfectionistic - pushover


In truth, Hyeri has never been more unhappy. But it's never been about happy. It doesn't matter what she wants. This is what she's chosen for herself. She may not love it, but she loves her parents, and this is what they want for her, so this is what she wants for herself—maybe. She doesn't know what she wants anymore, if she even wants anything anymore.

(That's a lie. She wants Taeil.)

The truth is that Hyeri isn't okay. She might be, someday, but right now, it feels like she's never going to be okay again. She hates this—coming home to an empty apartment, having no one to nag about washing the dishes, having her future plans shattered before her eyes. She hates living a life without Moon Taeil, because the plan was together and forever. Maybe she should have taken more things for herself along the way, because now, without him, she just feels lost and empty.



message 6: by kaya (last edited Jan 26, 2017 12:00PM) (new)

kaya (ananats) | 36 comments

M A N I S H   S H A H
twenty-four, human, life #1
strengths ; smart, intuitive, compassionate
weaknesses ; stubborn, naïve, short-tempered, proud
    In a nutshell, Manish is a mess. For all his intelligence and compassion, his study is still a complete mess, piled to the point of overflowing with handwritten accounts, history books and scattered SD cards packed with video diaries and chilling accounts of historical events.
    But, like all other humans, there is far more to Manish than just a few traits. He isn't just smart, compassionate, disorganised. Proud, stubborn, innocent and naïve, intuitive – these are just a few other words that can be used to describe him. And any of these could be what constantly gets him into awkward situations.

dev patel ; curly, long, dark hair which he usually can't be bothered to tie back. dark eyes, full of hope and stories, haunted by the losses he's heard and the people he hasn't been able to help. hasn't shaved for a few weeks; maybe he'll get around to it eventually, but it doesn't look too stupid. bronze skin, tanned even darker after months spent on his parents' farm over christmas. standing at one metre eighty-seven, he's surprisingly unintimidating.
    Manish Shah was born in England twenty-four years ago. His parents were fortunate enough to have moved there before meeting each other, able to escape the vicious poverty and danger of rural India. And although he owes so much to them, he never had the privilege of meeting any of his grandparents – they all died before his birth.
    But even England was not what they had hoped for. So off they went to Australia, where no foreign army has ever set foot (except for that one time when America helped with the whole Japanese invasion of South-East Asia problem). They bought a farm, found a good school for Manish and his sister, and decided they liked it there.
    Manish did not agree. The school was nice enough, and the farm was just as nice, but he really couldn't say the same about the weather. Stinking hot in summer, freezing cold in winter, no in-betweens. Pouring rain, humid or dry as a bone. And as good as the school may have been, it was less than one hundred people. None of whom actually liked him.
    Once he'd graduated high school, Manish's first instinct was to get the hell out of there. And he did. He applied to a university in the US to study History, and was accepted. The day he graduated, a letter appeared in his mailbox containing two things: a letter from his mother, and his grandmother's will – which left him two and a half million dollars.
    With that much money, Manish was able to buy his own house, no longer forced to stay in the cramped flat he shared with two other uni students. Once he had paid off his colossal student loan – good unis cost money   and with no other debts or money-related issues, he began to do what he had always wanted.
    Over the last year, Manish has travelled a little less than half of the world, recording family trees and stories, adding everything he discovers to his gradually expanding encyclopedia, which he made public a month ago.
    The ghosts definitely helped with a lot of the information.




message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

kaya wrote: "
M A N I S H   S H A H
twenty-four, human, life #1strengths ; smart, intuitive, compassionate
weaknesses ; stubborn, naïve, short-tempered, proud     In a nutshell, Manish is a mess. For all his ..."


Approved.



message 8: by kaya (new)

kaya (ananats) | 36 comments
L Y R A   I R W I N

age eighteen ; life two

• intelligent ; driven ; dedicated
unsure ; self-doubting ; small •

at high school with
mostly good grades
+ can see ghosts
amandla stenberg ;
black hair
brown eyes
5 ft. 2 in.

    Of all the things that annoy her on a daily basis, the worst has got to be her height. Whichever vengeful fate-controller decided that she ought to be a head shorter than almost everyone she knows, she'd like to meet them and make them change it. Though apparently lack of sleep makes you shorter, so really it's the ghosts' fault. Since she started seeing them she can't remember the last time she got a good night's sleep.

    Whatever you say about her, Lyra is an excellent liar. Most people would say she's confident; she couldn't agree less. They'd say she's smart; she'd say she's just exceptionally talented at making things sound legitimate when they aren't. She knows herself and her limits, and she has a way with words that makes you forget why you were furious. Most people would use this to their advantage, but Lyra is too self-conscious to end up in those situations. Besides, her parents would kill her if she got in trouble at school.

    She's been dealing with unreasonably high expectations since she could walk, and it's never stopped her. Of course, it helps that she's never failed to live up to those expectations. But maybe it has stopped her, just not in a way that she'd notice. Lyra doesn't have much of a social life, and only a few close friends who are always trying ( and failing ) to get her to engage with the outside world.

    Eighteen years isn't that long, and there's honestly not that much in Lyra's life that's interesting enough to talk about. Just your typical parents with unreasonable expectations, and their child who doesn't have a social life. She's not unique, and there's never been much room for her to develop her own personality. At school, she has a few good friends, and she'll probably study medicine or law at university and become yet another successful smart person.

    Only recently has Lyra begun contemplating the idea that there could be something more to her life than study. She has, of course, been sensibly saving her money to pay for university ( even though her parents can afford it ), but bought herself a laptop instead. It's not as though it's useless, and she's learning how to be a normal teenager: watch videos online ( because who pays for Netflix when you have a perfectly good internet connection right there ), buy ( and wear ) interesting clothes, go places with your friends.



message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

kaya wrote: "L Y R A   I R W I N
age eighteen ; life two

• intelligent ; driven ; dedicated
unsure ; self-doubting ; small •

at high school with
mostly good grades
+ can see ghosts
amandla stenberg ;
black ..."


Approved.



message 10: by kaya (new)

kaya (ananats) | 36 comments
L I F E N   H U A N G

age nineteen ; life four

• smart ; confident ; rich
blasé ; witty ; lazy •

in university and
studying medicine
+ once saw ghosts
but not anymore
fernanda ly ;
pink hair
black eyes
5 ft. 8 in.

    Cynical and lazy are, according to Lifen's father, the mark of someone who never got past age fourteen. Of course, she couldn't care less what he thinks, and makes a point of ignoring him. After all, he hasn't stopped paying for her university fees yet, so he can't mind that much.

    It's obvious to anyone who looks that Lifen and her father don't get along. He doesn't approve of dyeing hair unnatural colours; her hair is bright pink. She despises conservative political views; he's as Republican as it gets. He believes in hard work; she puts in as little effort as possible. Constantly at each other's throats, they rarely agree on anything.

    It all started with Meixiu's death. Lifen's mother was the one person who could stop her fiery daughter and self-righteous husband from arguing, but when Lifen was nine, her mother died. Some of the doctors said she died of overwork; she worked fourteen hours a day, and when she wasn't working she was at home cooking and cleaning like her husband expected. Others said that she simply had a weak heart. Lifen, utterly miserable, blamed her father.

    As soon as she finished high school, Lifen was accepted into a number of prestigious universities all clamouring for her father's money. Being the rebellious daughter she is, she picked the one furthest away from her father. Four glorious years, free of her father.

    Before she grew up, before she was cynical, Lifen used to believe in ghosts, but now? Now she's not so sure. Because if they existed, wouldn't her mother have stayed and watched over her? or gotten back at Lifen's father.



message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

kaya wrote: "L I F E N   H U A N G
age nineteen ; life four

• smart ; confident ; rich
blasé ; witty ; lazy •

in university and
studying medicine
+ once saw ghosts
but not anymore
fernanda ly ;
pink hair
b..."


Approved.



message 12: by kaya (new)

kaya (ananats) | 36 comments
A L I C E   T A N N E R

age twenty-two ; life three

• genuine ; loyal ; determined
clumsy ; unfiltered ; awkward •

in university and
studying mathematics
+ fixes cars in her
spare time
+ hopelessly in love
with her friend
melissa benoist ;
blonde hair
brown eyes
5 ft. 8 in.

    IMPOSSIBLE is an excellent way of describing Ali. Both in her determination and in her recklessness, her ability to see the beauty in almost everything her year twelve geography teacher was a rare exception and her undeniable quirkiness. Her inability to go more than five metres without dropping something, tripping over, or running into someone; her dedication and nerdiness; her ability to get into a fandom in less than two seconds, which may not seem like something worth mentioning but is still unusual.
    It's a useful word, impossible. Ali's life exists somewhere between the im and the possible, contradictions and collisions overly prominent everywhere one looks. Haphazard, organised chaos. Un-timetabled, and yet everything falls into place without too many hiccups. She's the tangled thread of a high school sewing machine, accidental knots forming whenever anyone attempts to untangle it.
    The easiest way to describe it is what you would get if you combined Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere and Terry Pratchett's Faust Eric and only kept the happy parts. Mess, befuddlement, strange encounters, oddly-named, aptly-named, unconventional people.

    ALICE TANNER has never considered herself to be anything special. From the start of primary school, she was awkward, shy, and rubbish at everything except sport and maths. It might seem like an odd combination of things to be good at, and it might have led to her having an interesting mix of friends, but it worked – for her.
    Ah, the good old days. Before emotions got messy and life became unnecessarily complicated. Cue middle school, the beginning of drama and angst. For Ali, nothing much happened in middle school – her friends stayed relatively the same, she didn't get any less awkward, and people were still judging her for liking maths.
    Perhaps it was because she was able to save their grades, or perhaps it was because she was the most skilled member of the basketball team, or because she played soccer, but people judged her less in high school. She tutored around twenty people in maths, and was on two sports teams ( basketball and soccer ), and life couldn't be better.
    Or could it? No, it couldn't. Because as good as college is, there's the slight problem of falling in love with her best friend... yep, only a slight problem. Especially since they're roommates. But ignoring that, Ali's pretty happy. She's got a job working at a car repair place, and she's acing her uni courses. She and [friend played by Meli] do normal friend things: fangirl , talk at ridiculous hours of the night, etc. Life is pretty good.



message 13: by kaya (last edited Jan 29, 2017 06:28PM) (new)

kaya (ananats) | 36 comments
M I G U E L   R A M O S

age twenty-three ; life one
studying at uni
for a degree in law
+ can see ghosts ;
mostly annoying ones

« strengths | weaknesses »
genuine : reckless
faithful : gullible
honest : foolish

diego barrueco ;
brown hair
brown eyes
5 ft. 11 in.

    LOGIC factors into many aspects of Miguel's life, particularly university. One area it ought to factor into but never seems to is dangerous activities that could get him arrested or killed – neither of which has ever happened. For all his ‘pretty law student’ appearance, Miguel can be incredibly reckless – interestingly, this does not extend to things like drugs, which he avoids like the plague.

    CIVILITY is something more people ought to practice more often, and something Miguel can be a master of. Can be, depending on how irritating the person he's interacting with is, and how tired he is ( though he's pretty good at tolerating people when he's had almost no sleep – law is a difficult and time-consuming degree ).

    TWENTY-THREE YEARS AGO, Miguel Ramos was born into a relatively stable family who had been in America for the past six generations. Stable being an estar adjective in this case – subject to change. His brother Ángel – elder by five years – was Miguel's favourite person.
    THEN, like all good things, it changed. Miguel was twelve, his brother was seventeen. Ángel was supposed to be taking care of Miguel – their parents didn't think that it was safe for him to go anywhere on his own – but had gone off to a party with his friends.
    He was returned to them at two in the morning by his “friends”, unconscious. Miguel, who had stayed up out of worry, called the ambulance. They arrived, followed by the police, who arrested Ángel's “friends” for underage drinking and drug use.
    Hence the career in law, and the refusal of anything that's technically or definitely a drug ( with the exception of coffee and tea ). He hasn't seen his brother since then, and gradually his family is falling apart.

    also; could the ghosts please stop yelling ‘fight me’ in his ear? it's a little distracting.



message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

kaya wrote: "M I G U E L   R A M O S
age twenty-three ; life one
studying at uni
for a degree in law
+ can see ghosts ;
mostly annoying ones

« strengths | weaknesses »
genuine : reckless
faithful : gullible..."


Approved.



message 15: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) description
A L E X A N D E RdescriptionA U G U S T U SdescriptionH A L L
Lex

O N E >> S T A T S >> hello lovely, i’m corruption

T W O current life
F O R T Y years old
J U L YdescriptionT W E N T Y - S E C O N D date of birth
H E T E R O E X U A L sexuality
M A L E gender
P E D I A T R I CdescriptionP H Y S I C I A N occupation

C A L MdescriptionD O W NdescriptionJ U L I E T song

description description

T W O >> P H Y S I C A L >> i can change your life

B R O W N hair
B R O W N eyes
6 ‘ 1 height
D A V I DdescriptionT E N N A N T face claim

description

T H R E E >> P E R S O N A >> i’m all ice inside, baby

I N T E L L I G EN T trait positive
S E C R E T I V E trait negative
C H A R M I N G trait positive
F E A R F U L trait negative

It’s no secret that Alexander - you can call him Lex, he doesn’t mind - is a highly intelligent man. His mind works faster than those of most people, and he knows it, too. His knowledge of his own intelligence has made him a tad arrogant, but he keeps that side hidden from most. He doesn’t want people to thank badly of him, does he? Honestly, though Lex works a doctor (for kids, no less), he has in the past used his extreme intelligence for less-than-good purposes. As relates to this, Lex keeps secrets. Lots of them. And he's pretty good at it, too — after all, no one suspects that he killed his first wife. No suspects that he doesn't really miss her all that much. No one suspects that he fears he's slowly loosing his mind. So yes, Lex is good at keeping secrets. Too good, in fact. He lies and he lies and he lies — too many lies, he thinks. But these are secrets he has too keep.

Lex can charm your socks off. Literally. He’ll charm the rest of the clothes off of you, too. Lex knows how to work people, how to make them think he’s amazing. To him, it comes in handy, as no one thinks badly of him. Unless he wants them too, of course. Lex can craft exactly what he wants other people to see in him, and they won’t question a thing. However, Lex is full of fear. He tamps it down, pushes it away, does things to make his fears not come to life, but he is afraid. His list of fears is a mile long and growing. Some may call it anxiety, but Lex calls it weakness - he can’t be afraid. He has to be strong. So he “deals with” his fears. He prevents them when he can. And usually, well. Usually his methods aren’t the best.

description description

F O U R >> P A S T >> i go and take what i want

U N childhood

Alexander “Lex” Hall is and always has been the golden boy of the Hall family. The Halls are very successful, coming from old money and used to being admired. There was nothing that Lex Hall didn’t have growing up. Saying that he was incredibly spoiled would be truthful, not that he cares. His sister, Lavinia, was born when Lex was six years old, completing the little family of four. In Lex’s mother’s words, too many children was never a good thing. Lex was a fairly quiet child, spending a lot of time reading. He decided that he wanted to be a doctor when he was seven, and stuck with that for the rest of his life, though specifics changed. In all honesty, Lex’s childhood was rather boring.

D U E X adolescence

It was in high school that Lex began to get more attention, both because of his intelligence (from teachers) and because of his looks (girls - and sometimes boys, though Lex was never interested in them). It’s pretty safe to say that it all went to his head, though Lex did a good job of pretending it didn’t. He started early, fooling everyone else into thinking him humble and kind when they were far from the truth. Lex knew perfectly well what others thoughts of him, and it boosted his pride considerably, not that it needed to be. Lex didn’t date much in high school, though from the stories the girls told, you would think he had been with every girl in school. It wasn’t true, not at all. He had one or two girlfriends, though neither were very serious. When asked about what he was going to study in college (because of course he was going to college, his father would kill him if he didn’t), Lex’s answer was always the same: pre-med, then med school for pediatrics. And he stuck to that plan.

T R O I S adulthood

It was in college that Lex met Cat. She was pretty, blonde, and sweet, and while Lex had lots of girls after him, he was only after Cat. It wasn’t long before they were dating, spending all their time together, though Lex still kept his secrets. They married a year later, when Lex was done with at least some of his studies. Four years down the line, they had two kids, Lex was finally close to being done with school, and Cat worked from home while looking after the kids. Unfortunately, Lex was lying. He wasn’t quite so happy with the way things were. Cat was wonderful...but not for him. There was a girl, another medical student, who was pretty and fiery and loud. And Lex liked her. He won’t say he loved her, though perhaps “lusted after her” is appropriate. Either way, he couldn’t get enough of her. He didn’t tell Cat. He didn’t tell Cat that he wasn’t satisfied with her anymore. He didn’t tell Cat that he wanted a divorce. Instead, he killed her. Waited until the kids were asleep, cornered her in the bathroom, shoved painkillers down her throat. He was afraid. He knew Cat enough to know that even if she did agree to divorce him, she wouldn’t take it sitting down. She would make his life hell. Lex passed Cat’s death off as a suicide. He mourned. He cried. He kept the truth from the children, telling them “Mommy won’t be coming home, sweetheart.” He lied. And not even a year later, he remarried. It’s been thirteen years now since Cat died, and nothing has gone right for Lex. His second wife divorced him seven years ago, saying that she couldn’t handle him anymore. And he keeps loosing things. Loosing things and finding things rearranged. Lex is starting to think he’s going crazy, in all honesty.

A I N S L E YdescriptionH A L L mother
M I C H A E LdescriptionH A L L father
L A V I N I AdescriptionH A L L sister, 34, open
C A T H E R I N EdescriptionH A L L first wife, deceased, played by kaya
M I K A Y L AdescriptionH A L L ex-wife, 40, open
N A M EdescriptionH A L L child, open
N A M EdescriptionH A L L child, open


message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Gee(Fiera) wrote: "A L E X A N D E RA U G U S T U SH A L L
Lex

O N E >> S T A T S >> “hello lovely, i’m corruption”

T W O current life
F O R T Y years old
J U L YT W E N T Y - S E C O N D date of birth
H E T E R O ..."


Approved.



message 17: by ʀᴇᴅ (new)

ʀᴇᴅ (urfavoritecolor) | 15 comments (view spoiler)

   
                          O P H E L I A   B A Y   A U G U S T
                 ( eighteen & human & heterosexual & life #2 )
                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [ ♔ ] ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ophelia is the girl who got the easy bake oven when she was five and decided she would bake little cookies until they needed to replace the light bulb. And she did, for quite a few light bulb changes. It was like, her dream to just bake forever. Unfortunately for her, though, life had other plans. Ophelia was forced to go to school and even take up a sport, though she grew to like it. Baking became more of a hobby for her, and she focussed on school and soccer, and things that were really important to her future, as her parents used to tell her.

It wasn't until high school when Ophelia had a lot more time, that she got back into baking. Well, there wasn't a lot more time. In fact, there was technically less time. She had varsity soccer practice every day, games every Tuesday and Friday, Saturday morning practices, homework every day, and not to mention the never ending list of things a person has to do to keep themselves alive. You can't be a perfect goalie, great student and good person with no effort. But somehow, time sprung up. Suddenly there were an extra three hours, and next thing you know, there was a red velvet cake for desert.

Ophelia is a very big fan of all celebrations, and maybe it's because you can always bake something for a party. Even when someone dies, you can bake their family a cake or some cookies. The dead would have wanted you to eat these, that's probably something she would have said. Until you know, the dead actually started telling her that they did want them to eat her cookies. And Ophelia has never been one to show a whole lot of emotion or be over the top, but oh man did she really freak out when that started to happen.



message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

ʀᴇᴅ wrote: "[spoilers removed]

   
                          O P H E L I A   B A Y   A U G U S T
                 ( eighteen & human & heterosexual & life #2 )
                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [ ♔ ] ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..."


Approved.



message 19: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) description
F A R I DdescriptionA Z H A RdescriptionD E W A N

O N E >> S T A T S >> maybe this is it, maybe i’m afraid

T W O current life
T W E N T Y - F O U R years old
M A R C HdescriptionT E N T H date of birth
P A N S E X U A L sexuality
M A L E gender
W R I T E R occupation

P A R TdescriptionO FdescriptionM E song

description description

T W O >> P H Y S I C A L >> forced to be the person that i couldn’t be"

B R O W N hair
B R O W N eyes
5 ‘ 1 0 height
R I ZdescriptionA H M E D face claim

description

T H R E E >> P E R S O N A >> you forget we’re just the same

C R E A T I V E trait positive
A W K W A R D trait negative
C U T E trait positive
G U L L I B L E trait negative

Farid has a mind built to write. He’s forever creating and thinking - his brain moves at a million miles an hour and discovers something new at each one. Constantly creating, that’s Farid. He tends to come up with the craziest, most out-there ideas for his short stories - and makes them work. And no, not all of his ideas come from the ghosts. Some do. But not all. Some - meaning his parents and one professor - have called Farid a genius when it comes to writing. But the rest of the world hasn’t realized it yet. That may be because Farid is one of the most awkward human beings on the planet. He finds talking to people - anyone, literally - to be extremely difficult, and often stutters over his words. Most just ignore him after speaking to him once, thinking it not worth it. Farid never knows what to say or how to say it, much less how to say it without stuttering. He’s much more coherent on paper than in person, and that’s noticeable. It’s probably also why Farid’s work hasn’t really been “discovered” yet.

Honestly, cute is an odd way to describe a grown man, but boy is it accurate. Farid has a way of being accidentally adorable, if people will give him a chance and get to know him, that’s really rather endearing. He’s generally very sweet and kind, and rarely gets angry - he gets mad at his editor sometimes, but that’s about it. Farid’s cute, that’s all there is too it. He’s easy to get along with (mostly because he’s terrified of offending people) once you get to know him, and really he does get lonely sometimes. Farid, however, is easy to trick. He’s so trusting, getting him to believe whatever you want him to is a walk in the park. He knows he shouldn’t be so gullible - that’s how his first short story book got literally stolen, after all, but he can’t help it. It’s the way he is; Farid always believes the best of people.

description description

F O U R >> P A S T >> the better days are on their way

U N childhood

Farid’s an only child. His mother raised him alone, as his father died before he was born. She struggled some, but she did okay with him. She always encouraged him to be creative, to do what he wanted to do, to follow his heart. She had wanted to be a singer, and she had a great voice too, but she took up waitressing to have enough money to raise Farid with. They did okay, for the most part. Farid started writing little stories when he was seven or eight. He’s always believed in ghosts, as did his mother. In fact, the first ghost he spoke to was his father, who seemed very glad his son could see him. Farid spent his childhood talking to the random ghosts, often family members, who would crop up from time to time, though he understood that telling other people wasn’t a good idea - because they might not be able to see the ghosts.

D U E X adolescence

When Farid was twelve, his mother met a man, his stepfather. Hasan Zaman was a good man, had a steady job, and cared for Farid’s mother. They were married a year after meeting. After that, Farid’s life improved. He got good schooling, and did well. He didn’t have many friends, but that had always been true. He still talked to the ghosts, though, as his new step-father didn’t believe in ghosts, he had to keep it even more secret than before. That wasn’t very hard, however, for Farid; while he liked Hasan, they weren’t super close. Not like Farid and his mother were. Farid got more and more interested in writing - both creative and journalism - as high school went on, and when it came time to search for colleges, he found himself looking for schools with good writing programs.

T R O I S adulthood

College was all right for Farid. Being away from home was terrifying, but the classes were great, as were all the new ghosts. He didn’t make many friends, but he did pretty well in his classes, which, if you ask him, was the reason he was there in the first place. When he was a senior, he realized he had written three hundred plus pages of short stories, and at the encouragement of his writing professor and one friend, Emilie, he decided to publish them in one volume. However, Farid knew nothing of the publishing world, and trusted someone on the internet who claimed to be a representative for a large publishing company. He sent this person all his manuscripts, and heard nothing more from them after that. Six months later, a book appeared on the shelves of bookstores. A book of all Farid’s stories. Just without his name. It took Farid a moment to realize what had happened, and when he did, he was upset. Upset at himself for being fooled, upset at the person for just taking his work, and upset at the world be allowing such a thing to happen. He shut himself in his apartment, and to be honest, he cried. A lot. He got over it, or he pretends he did, and now he’s working on another batch of short stories while doing freelance writing on to make ends meet. He still talks to Emilie, who is a year younger than himself; he goes to the cafe where she works and does writes there, they catch up between sips of coffee.

N I D AdescriptionD E W A N mother
N A D E E MdescriptionD E W A N father, deceased
H A S A NdescriptionZ A M A N stepfather
E M I L I EdescriptionN A T S U M I friend, age, played by juno


message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Gee(Fiera) wrote: "F A R I DA Z H A RD E W A N

O N E >> S T A T S >> “maybe this is it, maybe i’m afraid”

T W O current life
T W E N T Y - F O U R years old
M A R C HT E N T H date of birth
P A N S E X U A L sexual..."


Approved.



message 21: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) description
N O AdescriptionM O N E TdescriptionK U R O S A W A

O N E >> S T A T S >> here they come

F O U R current life
T W E N T Y - O N E years old
A P R I LdescriptionF I F T H date of birth
P A N S E X U A L sexuality
F E M A L E gender
S T U D E N T / W A I T R E S S / T U T O R / R E S I D E N TdescriptionA S S I S T A N T occupation

L O U D E RdescriptionT H A NdescriptionW O R D S song

description description

T W O >> P H Y S I C A L >> no life disturbed

B L A C K hair
B R O W N eyes
5 ‘ 5 height
K A R E NdescriptionF U K U H A R A face claim

description

T H R E E >> P E R S O N A >> there was no signal from where you were

K I N D trait positive
N A I V E trait negative
F O R G I V I N G trait positive
I M P U L S I V E trait negative

Noa tries her best to be kind to anyone, no matter how much they may have hurt her before. People matter to her, no matter who they are. Noa is giving, willing to give up every aspect of her own being for others. Though Noa can be a little naive. It’s not even that she was sheltered, because she wasn’t. She just...wants to believe the best of people, of the world, you know? She can’t help it.

Noa has a bad habit of forgiving people who hurt her. Yes, she knows she shouldn’t, but she believes that everyone deserves a second chance. After all, not everyone is purely awful, are they? Noa’s ability for forgive people who hurt her - in other words, her foster family - is astounding, and in all honesty, it wouldn’t be surprising if you were jealous of that ability. She just thinks of it as human decency. Noa can be impulsive, though, which leads to her getting into trouble. She doesn’t think before acting, for the most part, and that gets her messy situations more than anything else she does. There are situations she does think in - such as things about school - but if you ask Noa to go with you on a last-minute trip to Target, she’ll go right away.

description description

F O U R >> P A S T >> forever we'll defend

U N childhood

Noa Kurosawa was born the third child to a rather poor family. Her mother, Haru, had dropped out of school at sixteen to give birth to Noa’s older sister, Kasumi. Kasumi’s father had abandoned Haru, leaving her alone with the baby. Haru married when Kasumi was two, had another baby a year later, and was divorced a year after that. Noa’s brother, Yori, was born two years before Noa and three years after Kasumi. His father walked out on Haru a week after he was born. Haru met Noa’s father not long after that, and he fell in love with her. They married, and Noa came along not long after that. The money issue wasn’t solved, however, as neither parent had a steady well-paying job. The family struggled for a good seven years. Then, Noa and her siblings became orphans. Noa’s not entirely sure how her parents died; Kasumi kept her pretty much in the dark about it all. All Noa knows is that she and her siblings were sent to a home, into the foster system. At the beginning, the three of them were kept together, mostly at the insistence of Kasumi. But they eventually decided that it was too hard to place all three of them at once, so they were separated. Noa hasn’t seen either of her siblings since she was nine years old.

D U E X adolescence

Noa hated being apart from her siblings, especially Yori. The younger two had always been very close, and Noa missed her brother more than anything else. She never really got over it, just stopped saying so. Noa’s first foster home after her siblings left was all right. They took care of her, treated her like one of them. But then the father got a promotion, the family moved to Canada, and Noa was floating again. She was fifteen then. The next home she was put into wasn’t as great. They made it pretty obvious that they hated Noa, and obviously didn’t care if she lived or died. Not to mention they treated her like trash. And somehow, Noa didn’t hate them. She forgave them, every time they slapped her and every time they ignored her. That didn’t mean, however, that she wasn’t dying to get out. Getting away to go to college was something she was desperate for. Though Noa wanted to study art, her passion, but chose instead accounting, knowing she would be able to get a job with that as a degree.

T R O I S adulthood

To be honest, Noa doesn’t like accounting very much. She’s not bad at it, she just doesn’t like it. Tis not her dream. But, she has to live. She has to keep going in life. She has a friend or two, that she complains about homework and professors with, and she has her job(s), so she’s all right. For now. Though, if these ghosts keep bothering her, she might actually listen to their horrible suggestions.

H A R UdescriptionK U R O S A W A mother, deceased
D A I C H IdescriptionK U R O S A W A father, deceased
K A S U M IdescriptionK U R O S A W A sister, unknown
Y O R IdescriptionK U R O S A W A brother, unknown
M I G U E LdescriptionR A M O S friend, 23, played by kaya
O P E N lover
O P E N friend


back to top